Would Cain's stratergy against JDS work on every MMA fighter on the planet?

I doubt it.

I know everyone improves but:

778812_o.gif

Then again Shogun has beastly wrestling.

I know everyone improves but:

Then again Shogun has beastly wrestling.

Gifs and avatars don't mean shit. Also you can't compare the LHW Overeem with the current one. But shrugs, if you want to go back 7 years in time. Back in those days Cain wasn

Gifs and avatars don't mean shit. Also you can't compare the LHW Overeem with the current one. But shrugs, if you want to go back 7 years in time. Back in those days Cain wasn

No one strategy works against everyone.

His gameplan was as basic as it gets. He went for some embarrassing takedowns before he got that hail mary strike. Without that one flush strike, which he did aim for so it wasnt lucky (lucky would be how flush twas), hed been in trouble.

Jds was out put couldnt be finished yet everyone is sayong hos cardio was stellar?

Wow, so Cain has become a two time UFC champ and #1 HW from the time Uber went from getting out wrestled by Shogun to getting suspended for questionable activity.
Aaah it

No.

This is combat sports. Not a video game.

Even if Cain makes it look like it is a game, it's not.

So the answer TS is No

Back to the topic, how do you see Overeem stopping that strategy from Cain?

A big knee followed by GNP KO? A flying knee KO?
He will probably have to take initiative and dictate the distance with striking.

Every single time a fighter is dominant, Sherdoggers start thinking that fighter X is unbeatable with his style.

There is no such thing as an unbeatable fighter and there never will be.

wont work very well when he gets hit by a overeem knee to the face. overeem will destroy this fool after he kills bigfoot.

Won't work on someone that doesn't gas in the first 2.5 minutes.

Who are we referring to? Jds who stayed in it after being rocked beyond belief? Or cain who couldnt do anything else against an opponent whose arms were at his sides and his eyes in the other direction?

The Trollmaster would troll Cain into his guard like he did to Fedor.

It will not work on a better wrestler. Dangerous against a really good BJJ guy. Dangerous against a guy who uses the same strategy back at you, where it turns into a slug fest on the feet as both guys move forward.

I think so. It's an unbeatable strategy, like Sonnen's but with stand up and GNP that hurts.

I don't think it would work against other wrestlers and strikers who don't need room to strike. It worked against JDS, because JDS can't fight in a phone booth. He needs space to generate power, and Cain realized that this time out and smothered him. Didn't allow him a chance to breathe.

Against someone like Jon Jones, Overeem, or even Daniel Cormier, I don't think it would work because all 3 fighters can inflict just as much damage from the inside as they can from range.

I agree that Cain (like pretty much everybody in the UFC currently) would never want to get into a clinch with Overeem. To take him down, I think that he would attempt to catch his low and middle kicks instead, but even this I'm not sure considering how hard it would be. Perhaps he'd fight standing up and go for a cardio battle before anything.

As for Mir and Werdum, I do agree that it wouldn't be smart to go to the ground with them.

Back