Would Cain crumble if Jon didnt submit to his Alpha?

Really?

Lets say we forget the judges score cards. How did 17 indepenant MMA media members mostly watching the fight at different locations score this bout?

MEDIA SCORES
Jason Floyd
TheMMAReport.com 49-46 Jones
MMAMania.com 49-46 Jones
Chris Nelson
Sherdog.com 49-46 Jones
Jordan Breen
Sherdog.com 49-46 Jones
MMAJunkie.com 49-46 Jones
Craig Amos
BleacherReport.com 49-46 Jones
Sean Smith
BleacherReport.com 49-46 Jones
Rob Tatum
CombatPress.com 49-46 Jones
Tim Burke
BloodyElbow.com 49-46 Jones
CagePages.com 49-46 Jones
SevereMMA.com 49-46 Jones
T.P. Grant
BloodyElbow.com 49-47 Jones
Dallas Winston
BloodyElbow.com 49-47 Jones
Nathan McCarter
BleacherReport.com 48-47 Jones
TJ DeSantis
Sherdog.com 48-47 Jones
Chuck Mindenhall
MMAFighting.com 48-47 Jones
MMABrasil.com.br 48-47 Jones
Wrestling Observer

I don't think you understand what they meant.

You can win 4/5 or 5/5 rounds without dominating.

If you actually think that proves Jones dominated (key word) DC, then I don't know what to tell you.

I would say beating an undefeated fighter using their own skill set is a domination.

Not sure why people are acting like dominated = absolutely obliterated.

And I'd disagree.

If someone had posted before the fight, that Jones was going to beat Cormier using wrestling and clinching against the wall, and beat him 5-to-1 in take downs, that person would have been laughed off these forums.

The guy got dominated.

if a sherdogger was a fan of horse racing theyd call a photo finish domination if their horse won

The better question is would Jones crumble under the pressure of Cain?

If someone had posted before the fight, that Jones was going to beat Cormier using wrestling and clinching against the wall, and beat him 5-to-1 in take downs, that person would have been laughed off these forums.

The guy got dominated.

nobody was surprised the 27 year old was more fresh than the 35 year old with a spare tire in the championship rounds

zomg werdum put on a striking clinic vs hunt

zomg forrest but on a bjj clinic vs shogun

zomg hughes put on a striking clinic in the BJ 2 fight

stop with your trolling

nobody was surprised the 27 year old was more fresh than the 35 year old with a spare tire in the championship rounds

zomg werdum put on a striking clinic vs hunt

zomg forrest but on a bjj clinic vs shogun

zomg hughes put on a striking clinic in the BJ 2

stop with your trolling

He won the first round.

Unless you are suggesting DC was gassed in the first?

The guy got dominated.

Five pretty close rounds =! domination. Just because the fight didn't happen the way people expected didn't mean domination happened. It didn't.

If you actually think that proves Jones dominated (key word) DC, then I don't know what to tell you.

He imposed his will on DC and dominated the fight by taking majority of rounds. How did you score it? Pride rules? I'm going by the Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts.

Cain striking is really underrated here. I think he can stand with Jones without the need of clinching all the time.

Cain wouldn't care because he'd be too busy turning Jon's head into dust.

He imposed his will on DC and dominated the fight by taking majority of rounds. How did you score it? Pride rules? I'm going by the Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts.

So every fight is a domination in other words.

If you don't decapitate Cain in the first minute or so, he is going to break you in every way a person can be broken. As dynamic, well-rounded, gameplanned, and super-conditioned fighter in the history of MMA.

What's Jon's angle even going to be here? He's going to use his height to tire Cain Velasquez out in the clinch while eating strikes and stuffing takedowns attempts for 3 rounds like with Cormier? Okay good luck with that, homie.

Not to mention some guys really benefit from their teammate fighting a guy before you. Cormier fought Antonio Silva before Cain, and Cain was adamant as to how beneficial it was to train using Cormier's experience against Silva.

Jon cuts from Cain's division and knows he doesn't want to fight Cain, and that's why he won't.

Jones has 92 significant strikes and DC had 58. I'd say Jones had control throughout vast majority of the fight.

Calling that fight a domination makes someone look they didn't watch it.

3 close rounds with Cormier eating body shots and wading through Jones' tall clinch to land the harder punches and flurries.

1 round where Jones shut him out by holding him against the fence with a few quick takedowns.

1 round that was virtually a tie with Jon getting a small advantage in time holding him against the fence, and with Cormier getting the impressive but ultimately useless slam.

Jon took his lumps but ultimately outlasted Cormier by expertly using his advantages.

Back