Would Cain crumble if Jon didnt submit to his Alpha?

I have no doubt Jones would win a fight vs Cain now. Jon treated DC, the super olympian, like a child in wrestling. Imagine what he would do to Cain if he didnt have to cut weight and could fill out to his full potential? He would toss Cain around like a LW.

Cain also cant stay healthy for more than 5 minutes. He would probably break a bone, tear his ACL, and refuck his shoulder in the first round alone against someone like Jon.

I've been following MMA pretty closely for a long time and literally Jon Jones's entire career has been basically people surprised how he dominated his opponent. Every fucking time it's been that way since he got to the UFC.

People thought Bonnar was going to give him problems. Then Vera. Then Vladdy(Jeff Sherwood picked Vladdy to beat him I recall on Sherdog radio). I remember like it was yesterday that Shogun was different. A championship cailber guy and he was going to fuck up Jones. The list kept going on and on. The latest victim is DC who probably would fuck up every HW outside of Cain.

People a year ago literally laughed at the idea of Jones fighting Cain and here we are again….now its a bit more of a reality to most on here.

Well, it is obviously different (to think he'd dominate LHW's than to think he'd dominate the HW champ).

If anything, I didn't think he would have much problems at LHW. His size advantage and how well he utilizes it besides his unpredictability was the recipe for him winning.

But I judged HW's to have more power. And until DC crossed over, there was no way to gauge how he would do).

I was using a Jon Jones quote and its not gay if you think about it. Substitute Alpha with dominance. Then it will make more sense to you.

Still sounds pretty gay.

Theres no shame in liking man dick, be yourself, and dont worry about what other people will think. Good luck, homes.

I know MMA is a "what have you done for me lately" sport, and Cain hasn't fought much as of late due to injury, but damn, people. Perhaps you need to go back and watch one of Cain's recent fights. The guy's a fucking animal.

Also, this idea that Jones beating DC at 205 has any bearing on a fantasy match up with Cain at HW... That's not how it works.

Cain is going to start slowing down. If Cain was still 30 or younger he would completely wear down Jon, Jon just wouldn't be able to keep up the pace.

These days? Jon clearly wins.

if this fight would be so easy for jones, then why doesn't he move up? who wouldn't want to be, "the baddest man on the planet"? and let me tell you, that the light-heavyweight champion is not the baddest man on the planet. jones needs to move up to the upper-echelon, to prove the jones fanatics right. it's just too bad that he doesn't have the same confidence that his fans do.

Cain is going to start slowing down. If Cain was still 30 or younger he would completely wear down Jon, Jon just wouldn't be able to keep up the pace.

These days? Jon clearly wins.
I'm not sure that's clear at all. Junior would put a whupping on Jones even. HW is a different world--that happens to belong to Cain. Cormier-Jones at HW plays out much differently even.

But agreed that these injuries/age are going to suck the life out of Cain's career. We've probably seen his best.

UFC probably won't let that fight happen.

Submit to his alpha? Is this like some Cesar Milan shit?

Dude you didn't read my thread title right.. That or I don't make sense. What I meant was if Jon puts up a strong resistance and doesn't allow Cain to steam roll him like he's done to everyone he's fought. Besides Cains lone defeat he hasn't lost a round. He hunts his opponents. He doesn't give them a glimmer of hope.

Soz

I don't think Jones holds against a healthy Cain.
Cain is too relentless and Jones himself is used to be the Alpha dog and bigger man in fights..
I think Jon would hold his own for a while then mentally crumble. I don't think he would have the mental fortitude to make Cain break mentally.

Also I think if he did, Cain would only continue relentlessly until Jones finally breaks down..
Look at what happened to JDS, arguably one of the fighters with the best chins and heart at HW. Cain grinded him, punished him and eventually broke him

DC is a completely different fighter, even him commented on how hard sparring with Cain is, and how relentless he is..
Cormier in my opinion made a mistake by assuming he would outwrestle Jones easily but he didn't take two things into consideration :

- This is MMA wrestling not pure wrestling, there are strikes and a cage
- Jones isn't 5'10, I know Gatsalov is awesome but sparring with him made DC falsely confident, but didn't prepare him for Jon's leaning and specific wrestling allowed by his size..

Jon broke him mentally when he took him down at will against the cage, especially since it was the " I bet I could take you down " comment that lit the fire up in the 1st place..
I don't see Cain breaking down mentally if he can't smash Jones quickly, he will hust continue to attack until Jon breaks mentally, he has the cardio for it.

Cain is a much different fighter than cormier(cardio, wrestleboxing)
Jon is immensely talented but i'd still pick Cain vs anyone

Jones would crack first

JDS would beat DC IN MY OPINION. Cain never breaks. Struggled to take JDS down so he instead stood toe to toe with the scariest striker in MMA and beat him. Brock took Cain down and Cain came back to destroy him. Kongo dropped Cain multiple times and Cain never broke. CAIN > ALL

I'm not sure that's clear at all. Junior would put a whupping on Jones even. HW is a different world--that happens to belong to Cain. Cormier-Jones at HW plays out much differently even.

But agreed that these injuries/age are going to suck the life out of Cain's career. We've probably seen his best.

UFC probably won't let that fight happen.

I still favor Cain over jones however...

If jones and Jds ever fight you can look for me as a betting opponent. Ill take jones over Jds by a wide margin

if this fight would be so easy for jones, then why doesn't he move up? who wouldn't want to be, "the baddest man on the planet"? and let me tell you, that the light-heavyweight champion is not the baddest man on the planet. jones needs to move up to the upper-echelon, to prove the jones fanatics right. it's just too bad that he doesn't have the same confidence that his fans do.

Are you implying that Tim Sylvia was a more revered fighter fighter than Chuck Liddell? Never has the LHW belt been seen "lesser" than the HW belt in MMA.

Are you implying that Tim Sylvia was a more revered fighter fighter than Chuck Liddell? Never has the LHW belt been seen "lesser" than the HW belt in MMA.

Bullshit! Fedor > Liddell

Back