Would Cain beat the competition Fedor faced in the past?

Just to put it out there. Fighting in a ring is a hell of a lot different than fighting in a cage.

I say Cain vs anyone Fedor beat in Pride in a cage would get mauled, including Fedor.

If Cain went to a ring I think he would be at a slight, if not, noticeable disadvantage.

No chance.

Based on Cains fight frequency it would take him being undefeated until 2024 for him to rack up a record of 31-1 (Fedors high point).

He just breaks to easily to rack up that many wins.

Cain admits Fedor is GOAT.

What's the point of this exactly? To point out that Cain needs to defend a few more times before Fedor is no longer GOAT or that Cain is humble?

I've seen the status of GOAT change hands way too often. Today it may be Fedor, tomorrow it may be Cain, but Cain is a humble character.

Fedors best wins (arguably) are Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski, Cro Cop and Big Nog.

Cain already dominated Big Nog, and if you guys really think Tim Sylvia and Andrei would beat Cain, then give me an F'n break. Cain would have beatin Cro Cop as well.

I'm not going to say Fedor wasn't a great fighter, because he was. But his resume was, and still is, demonstrably overrated.

I could see AA beating Cain actually.

Not favourite of course but I don't doubt he can KO him and Cain does struggled the most against smaller fighters who are strikers (ie JDS and Kongo).

If that happens, let's just say Fedor is a footnote in history today.

Considering he almost got knocked out by Kongo twice, who knows.

Cain admits Fedor is GOAT.

That's an invalid source. If this was a university level essay, you will fail.

Cain is humble but has also indirectly indicated that he's the best.

Fedors best wins (arguably) are Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski, Cro Cop and Big Nog.

Cain already dominated Big Nog, and if you guys really think Tim Sylvia and Andrei would beat Cain, then give me an F'n break. Cain would have beatin Cro Cop as well.

I'm not going to say Fedor wasn't a great fighter, because he was. But his resume was, and still is, demonstrably overrated.

and I can beat Cain when he is 100 years old, frail and decrepit. but does that mean I can beat him when he was in his prime?
gawd, some people on this forum are dumber than my shit :rolleyes:

No chance.

Based on Cains fight frequency it would take him being undefeated until 2024 for him to rack up a record of 31-1 (Fedors high point).

He just breaks to easily to rack up that many wins.

If you really want to be fair, Fedor was 14-0-1 in Pride and Cain is 11-1-0 in the UFC. After Pride, the next available equivalent was Strikeforce and Afflication, where Fedor went 3-3-0. Had Cain remained in bottom of the barrel organizations, he would have easily murdered opponent after opponent as he has shown early in his career in the UFC and outside the UFC. Hell, he would have gone 40-0-0 but why waste time trying to become a nostalgia champ when he can wear the belt for real? One last question, after all the years he spent beating up noobs in his backyard, where is Fedor now?

If you really want to be fair, Fedor was 14-0-1 in Pride and Cain is 11-1-0 in the UFC. After Pride, the next available equivalent was Strikeforce and Afflication, where Fedor went 3-3-0. Had Cain remained in bottom of the barrel organizations, he would have easily murdered opponent after opponent as he has shown early in his career in the UFC and outside the UFC. Hell, he would have gone 40-0-0 but why waste time trying to become a nostalgia champ when he can wear the belt for real? One last question, after all the years he spent beating up noobs in his backyard, where is Fedor now?

My point was basically that because Cain fights roughly every 200 days, while Fedor fought once every 116 days it would involve him staying near his peak for almost twice as long and thats a big ask.

I don't see any of the guys Fedor beat as being guaranteed winners over Cain but doesn't mean he would win them all.

Could fedor beat the competition Cain has faced? I think he beats most but loses to Jds, Lesnar, and of course we know he lost to Bigfoot.

Where the hell was Cain at when Fedor became the Pride champion? Exactly he was unknown. Have some respect for one of the legends that paved the way for many fighters today. O and by the way Strikeforce and Affliction had the better heavyweights than the UFC when Fedor was there. Shit even Arlovski came back into the mix. That goes to show how shallow the division is right now that Dana needs to bring back an old veteran so the division can hopefully shine again.

I would like his chances better in the Octagon than in a ring, but I would still have to say yes.

in short, yes , I would have liked to see him whoop tim silvia

No way Cain beats Semmy Schilt, Fujita, Goodridge, Nagata, Ogawa, Kosaka, Martins, Lindland, Choi, Sylvia, Rogers, Monson, Ishii, Rizzo.

First off fador was better everywhere than Cain better TD defense way better ground game and defente striking advantage IMO also no way cane could of beat cross cop in pride Cain could not of taken cro cop down and in no way in hell he would of out struck crocop Cain will never be a K1 luv striker Cain is good because he mixes a great balance of striking with a great double leg and good wrestling old miriko stufss his TD and forces him to strike the ko by liver kick. Fador has one thing most fighters including Cain does not and that is and indomitable spirit no way Cain would of fought trough the suplex randelman hit fador with and if you think cain is any ware near randelmen or collmen with TD and wrestling u are crazy u guys act like Cain is fighting tougher comp than fador that is a joke IMO the only person Cain ever fought that was anything like what fad or fought JDS hell not even nog was the same when Cain fought him come on u guys get caught up in guys are better today than that were back then that is be maybe in the us but last I checked pride was letters with guys that were good everwere Cain is going to be great but never fad or great

Yes. Comfortably.

I mean can you really see him struggling with the likes of Crocop, Coleman, Randleman, Herring etc?

We saw what he did to Nog and Bigfoot.

Fedor was clearly the best of his era. Had Fedor been 21 in 2006 and come up in the sport later maybe he competes with the best today.

But that doesn't mean we just create a fiction where his prime is somehow better than the best today.

Back