Would Cain beat the competition Fedor faced in the past?

I don't think Fedor would beat JDS in prime. I think Cain would beat everyone Fedor did. Cro Cop was awesome but he hated pressure. Never ever dealt with it. Very beatable if you applied pressure and moved forward. Pressure is Cains biggest asset. Cain would beat prime Cro Cop.

probably..but as im sure some of the more intelligent users on here know...it would depend on how the fights played out, unless of course we are pretending that upsets have NEVER happened in this sport? :icon_neut

Hed have to do to cro cop what he did to jds. Hold him on the cage. Except there isn't a cage. Would be way harder to beat cro cop in the ring. One lhk does the job. Cain has been ko'd before with one shot. I'd say 60/40 cro cop

probably..but as im sure some of the more intelligent users on here know...it would depend on how the fights played out, unless of course we are pretending that upsets have NEVER happened in this sport? :icon_neut

Yup. This is a stupid thread anyways just to shit on Fedor once again nothing new.

Probably, but did he? No. That's the only thing that matters.

So basically it comes down to Cro Cop.

I love Mirko but I think the last 5 minutes of round one would be hell with Cain.

JDS would have killed Cain 3/3 if used Pride rules and Pride ring. Fedor would own Cain in a ring, because there you can't wall and stall like he did to JDS.

Pride had 10 minute first rounds.

Cain would be much better with his cardio plus knees on the ground.

Fedors best wins (arguably) are Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski, Cro Cop and Big Nog.

Cain already dominated Big Nog, and if you guys really think Tim Sylvia and Andrei would beat Cain, then give me an F'n break. Cain would have beatin Cro Cop as well.

I'm not going to say Fedor wasn't a great fighter, because he was. But his resume was, and still is, demonstrably overrated.

Not sure if Cain survives Nog's guard the way Fedor did, but he could beat him up if he kept the fight standing for sure.

Cro Cop... ehhhh... guy's TDD was pretty much unstoppable even though he fought in an era where guys didn't set up shots as well. But if he saw you coming, you weren't taking him down.

Cain would have a better chance of beating him though for obvious reasons (lack of scary octopus death guard).Actually, Fedor had better kicks, takedowns and defense than JDS.

Not that JDS can't knock out pretty much anybody, but Fedor was so much more well-rounded than JDS is today that it would be Fedor's fight to lose for sure.

wat, what happened to you, wasnt you banned?

but glad youre back

We'll never know, so there's no use talking about it like y'all know for a fact that he would or wouldn't have.

lol cro cop this thread is hilarious

Cain would have beaten Fedor's competition easier than Fedor did.

Outside of a prime Nog and Cro Cop, who did Fedor fight that was so great?

Speculation, but in the ring he'd have a tougher time. Prime Cro Cop was a devastator. Call me crazy, but I think Arlovski at the time, in the ring would have also been a good challenge for Cain. Nog also would have been much more suited to the Ring with no elbows and could conceivable sub Cain in his prime.

With that, I will say YES he would. Cain is suited to the cage/unified more than Fedor, but for me, he is equally skilled in that environment as Fedor was for Ring/Pride rules and the 2nd best HW I've ever seen.

Lol really? The same Cain that finishes Bigfoot silva like he's another of fedors cans? Don't make me laugh...

Fedor, Nog, and Crocop wouldve been a tough matchup for him
Also prime Fedor beats JDS by submission JDS is a good striker but we know what fedor did to arlovski when arlovski was in his prime

Both Cain and JDS would have a very good chance against the old pride HWs... In my opinion Cain is a more ruthless Fedor but with better hands! Saying that though Fedor's sambo was crazy and the way he handled guys was something to marvel at. Would also take JDS over Cro Cop

Of course he does. Mirko Cro Cop was a great fighter but he's also one of the most overrated. Cain destroys a prime Cro Cop.

Back