Would Cain beat the competition Fedor faced in the past?

Individually, I'd say he'd be at least a slight favorite against all of them. Nog and CC would be a coin flip, though. I'd say the better question is whether or not he could beat them all consecutively over the span of a decade.

Are they fighting in a ring? Because Cro-cop wrecks Cain in a ring. Cain has a decent chance at beating everyone else in a cage, but Mirko would still give him problems.

Probably.

But Crocop at his best could give him problems due to his style, but I'd still pick Cain.
I think he'd beat Nog. He's just a faster, better and more powerfull striker and I don't see Nog taking/keeping him down. Cain beats him more often than not.
I would even favor Cain over Fedor actually.

I like Fedor. I'm not the biggest Cain fan at all. But I think Cain beats anyone Fedor beat. If Cain fought prime Fedor, I think it would be a tossup. I'd pay money to see that scrap.

Prime Fedor would take him down and submit him in my opinion.

You live in Narnia my friend. The only guy who was able to take him down was Cain and that was for a short period of time. Fedor is not a good wreslter and he would never be able to take him down, much less submit him.

As for your question ts, a ring is different than a cage. In a cage, Cain batters anyone from Pride in their prime, Fedor included. In a ring, hmm it would be harder for Cain but still i would pick him.

Title says it all. Not too sure about big Nog though. I think he would have wrecked cro cop in a more dominant fashion

if he trained like people trained 10-15 years ago?
Absolutely not.

I think so. Fedor's forward pressure completely threw Cro Cop off, and that is Cain's default mode. I think he would have defeated Nogueira in similar fashion.

Ricardo Arona, Randleman, and Coleman would all be able to wreck Cain, no need to even mention cro cop and nog.

Who knows it was different Era but I do know this thread will turn into shit real soon. It's going to turn into bashers discrediting Fedors career and his opponents.

Exactly this. It was a different era. Fedor was the dominant killer back in 2004-2008 when pride was really developing the heavyweights. Now it's a decade later so we really can't look at fedor in the regard that he lost to big foot and Werdum. We have to realize fedor was in his prime way back! I do think cain could win even back in cains prime but it's just a debate, no answer.

i have little doubt Cain would be a heavy fav to beat everybody Fedor has beaten in the past. Its HW MMA so nothing is for sure but i think Cain would have a very legit chance to do it.

JDS would have killed Cain 3/3 if used Pride rules and Pride ring. Fedor would own Cain in a ring, because there you can't wall and stall like he did to JDS.

You live in Narnia my friend. The only guy who was able to take him down was Cain and that was for a short period of time. Fedor is not a good wreslter and he would never be able to take him down, much less submit him.

Seems you do as well if you believe this was the case in Pride, especially in terms of his offencive takedowns and sweeping ability.

Plus of course Fedor may not have needed to control Cain for an extended period given his finishing ability on the ground.

Again for me though the big unknown is can Cain control someone like Fedor on the ground and attack him? so far I don't think we've seen him takedown anyone with a similar skill set(which is why Werdum could be interesting).

I still there there are questions about his standup defence as well, slow bigfoot and a JDS he could neutralise with forward movement are one thing, prime Fedor's firing rapid bombs close in is another.

Without a doubt.

He's already beaten Nog and he'd smash Cro Cop. They're Fedor's biggest wins

No way. Fujita would wreck Cain. Randleman would donkey kong Cain. Coleman would rag doll Cain. Hong Man Choi would just sit on top of Cain. Arona would wreck him. Prime Nog would laugh at his punches. A prime Crocop would KO him in the 1st round. Actually I don't see Cain beating most of Fedor's past opponents. Cain is overhyped because he beat a predictable JDS twice and a very slow-moving Silva twice.

yes, in fact most of the top HW's would do very well, the sport is evolving at an exponential rate and the same will be true for fighters a few years from now

Cain would destroy Fedor and every opponent he's faced, with ease.

Back