International Would Biden to go war with Russia if Ukraine was invaded?

(Would love a poll to be included in this thread but can't do it).

If tomorrow, Putin invades Ukraine,

1. Would Biden declare war on Russia and send troops to the Eastern Front in Europe?
2. Or is the red line another bluff of hot air that the US won't actually enforce?

Kind of a fascinating if scary question to consider.
USA doesn't even have any troop deployed in large numbers in Ukraine.
They'd be caught completely off-guard if Russia runs through the Ukraine tomorrow.

My guess is USA would do nothing except posture and impose (more) sanctions.
But they would not put boots on the ground for this.

Posting this question in light of the recent Putin/Biden talk, and how Putin said that tensions are sky high in the region.

Pretty much

I doubt russians are going to do the first move either, mostly because will mean face lot of economic sanctions from everywhere to do what? Attempt take on whole Ukraine with uncertain results and rewards

But yeah, if happen i don't see USA go actually at war, more call all friends and point finger at Russia saying "see this guy? he's mean, let's sanction him together"

One sure thing is China will watch the whole scene with interest

They wouldn't need to, the Russia economy is very dependent on the rest of the world... sanctions are all that's necessary.

Nuclear powers will never resort to open warfare, it would be suicide. The only way that happens is if it's an accident--or a suicidal leader.
Isn't the Russian economy already a mess? I stopped keeping track after the ruble tanked in 2013 / 2014.

The United States, for once, should just stay out of situations on the other side of the world. They don't have to get involved in everything. Not everything is their business.
Too late. Operation Atlantic Resolve and Operation European Reassurance has been going on to since 2014 to prevent the further Russian spread. Russia knows this and that's why they haven't taken another chunk since then.

Too late. Operation Atlantic Resolve and Operation European Reassurance has been going on to since 2014 to prevent the further Russian spread. Russia knows this and that's why they haven't taken another chunk since then.
I'll have to read up on those I've never heard of them but I guess I shouldn't be surprised in the least.

Why do we have so many bullet sponges in the army/marines? Let them earn their paychecks. I would like to see how how the US does against an army that can fight back.

The United States, for once, should just stay out of situations on the other side of the world. They don't have to get involved in everything. Not everything is their business.
Not possible due to alliances. NATO will force Biden's hand. NATO will react and have spoken out about it already. That's why Biden says it's not in the cards but he has to discuss it with NATO and see what they have to say about it. That's what happens when you have treaties and alliances. USA has to be involved, they can't break treaties and alliances just because they are worried about the outcome. That's not how those things work. Biden is obviously scared and the situation is more than he can handle. You can see it in his face in the interviews. But in the end if NATO reacts USA will be involved. There's no way around it.

Yes China will strike during the fighting. This was most likely joint planning between Russia and China and has been planned for a very long time. They have it positioned so it's 2 different types of battles happening. Attention/focus and military will have to be split. 2 major conflicts happening at the same time, it will stress not just USA but other countries/nations as well. This is what happens when other countries/nations depend on USA's military power - USA is forced to get involved in global conflicts due to treaties and alliances.

Last edited:
Going to war with Russia would be idiotic.

The war mongers,interventionists lost the plot after Afghanistan mess. After 20 years. Now they expect they would be to fight Russia?
It's NATO that's pushing for conflict. They won't allow Russia to invade Ukraine. They have been very clear about that. USA is allied with NATO, that's why they are included in this.

Save the planet, dont burn fuel, ignore natural ice age, repeat repeat repeat.

Tards
Lol this doesn’t even have anything to do with with the rest of your rant. I’m with you in some of that stuff but you kind of reveal yourself to not being nearly as enlightened as you’re pretending. You’re just towing the line for corporate interests in this quote.

I doubt we will do anything about it and hope we don’t. Ukraine isn’t exactly a close ally of ours, anc I don’t think there is much strategic reason to intervene. I could be wrong on that I guess.

Defending Taiwan is likely our priority now.

Young men are cannon fodder for these people.
Been like that for hundred of years.
Did you ever read/watch the original All Quiet on the Western Front? I assure you it's worth it. You can read the book in one evening. It's an eye-opening book.

This is true.
I heard the Ukrainian/Russian border is hugely fortified on the Ukrainian side. Russian troops would get mowed down.
That said, never under-estimate Putin and Russian military capabilities.
Also I don't think Ukrainians would fight to the death for Ukrainian US supported regime.
I’m sure it would be a nasty conflict. Russia fights with an artillery focused mentality. They’ll bombard everything before their troops advance so whatever defenses the Ukrainians have will probably seriously compromised when the real fighting starts.

They’re not nearly as concerned with collateral damage as Americans are. That means they won’t need to be all that accurate and just shell entire grids on the map.

Last edited:
It's NATO that's pushing for conflict. They won't allow Russia to invade Ukraine. They have been very clear about that. USA is allied with NATO, that's why they are included in this.
NATO appears to be ok with Ukrainian elements of far right, right wing neo fascists. Invade Russia?

why are NATO forces moving closer to Russia's borders?

Isn't the Russian economy already a mess? I stopped keeping track after the ruble tanked in 2013 / 2014.
the whole sanctions thing is built on american fears of not having enough shit to constantly buy.
most of the world isn't like that
i've been to russia numerous times since the sanctions, the further east you go, the less people even know about it
i remember my driver in tomsk was all like - yeah, i hear something about it on the news, that they sanction russia, i don't know what that means.
this was 2018.
sanctions ain't that effective on populations that don't have insane consumption as life purpose.

NATO appears to be ok with Ukrainian elements of far right, right wing neo fascists. Invade Russia?

why are NATO forces moving closer to Russia's borders?
Because Russia mobilized and is ready with a ground force in the hundreds of thousands by the border - that's why.

Because Russia mobilized and is ready with a ground force in the hundreds of thousands by the border - that's why.
I had being following this part of the conflict a few years back before sports betting this goes much deeper than just Russia.

Because Russia mobilized and is ready
Based on anonymous sources like the ones on Syria right? the same sources which nearly got us into another military intervention?

I had being following this part of the conflict a few years back before sports betting this goes much deeper than just Russia.

Based on anonymous sources like the ones on Syria right? the same sources which nearly got us into another military intervention?
No it's from satellite images from military intelligence. USA and NATO are all aware of it. You can't hide mobilizing of that size. Russia is aware they would all be aware. Yes this has been going on for awhile. This is strategic with the location as well. Limits the type of fighting that will be able to be fought. Like many assume it's planned to split the focus and resources of the USA's military in conflict. This will happen the same time China vs Taiwan conflict starts as well.

NATO? why would NATO get involved? there's no mandate for NATO involvement in conflicts, it's a defensive organization and Ukraine ain't a member. NATO doesn't start wars, it is more a support/nation building post conflict thing these days. it only gets activated when a member gets attacked, and besides america at 9/11, article 5 has never been triggered.

You seem to be unaware about NATO's role.
NATO is an American creation to coordinate the American sphere of influence on a military basis (ie: Invade a territory with allies).
There is no "NATO did xyz", it's always the Americans behind. The real President of NATO is Biden.

Did you ever read/watch the original All Quiet on the Western Front? I assure you it's worth it. You can read the book in one evening. It's an eye-opening book.

Watched the great film, hadn't read the book.
Read "Storms of Steel" by Juenger however.
WW1 was a horrendous conflict, much worse for Europe than WW2 (which was bad), most Americans don't really know about the carnage of WW1.

RIP my ancestors.
Never again brother war.

Back