Would Barao have gone undefeated in Pride Bushido?

Barao wouldn't have fought Kang but he would have fought guys like Takanori Gomi, Hayato Sakurai, Joachim Hansen, Tatsuya Kawajiri, and Luiz Azeredo and those would be some fucking crazy fights. Too bad Kang's career took a nosedive after Pride, I thought he was going to be a top middleweight. Still pissed we never got to see him fight Hendo

Even though Barao's a "135 lbs-er" he's really a 150 lbs+ fit walking weight guy, so him and Hellboy Hansen would have been a great fight to watch.

Don't know if he'll go undefeated, but he probably would have been right at the very top of the LW's.

Gomi, Mach, and Hellboy would've given him trouble. Azeredo on one of his good nights as well.

This, what the hell is wrong with you TS?

LoooL, give the poor TS a break,

Barao vs Kang....looool, I'll still pick Barao

Last edited:
Even though Barao's a "135 lbs-er" he's really a 150 lbs+ fit walking weight guy, so him and Hellboy Hansen would have been a great fight to watch.

Don't know if he'll go undefeated, but he probably would have been right at the very top of the LW's.

He walks around at about 160, so he could make weight at the very least. Now, obviously, the skill set of modern MMA is at a much higher level (in general) than it was back in those days, so I think Barao would do great. Might not go undefeated, but I don't even know who would have beaten him, so it's definitely possible he would go undefeated.

Gomi in his prime would knock him out cold.
aurelio_gomi.gif

True, you're right, cause bushido I guess really only went down to 155.

Barao walks around at 165 or so, hed still have to cut for 155. I think he could have won Bushido, and I think this because if Barao went up to 155 I think he'd beat everyone.

honestly as of now i would pick barao :p I loved kang, he was a beast, but always had mental lapses and fought with a low fight IQ

Barao walks around at 165 or so, hed still have to cut for 155. I think he could have won Bushido, and I think this because if Barao went up to 155 I think he'd beat everyone.

Yeah, actually 170lbs according to his coaches.

he is probably bigger than some LWs in the UFC roster, just short.

honestly as of now i would pick barao :p I loved kang, he was a beast, but always had mental lapses and fought with a low fight IQ

Yeah death of his fiance*.. was the turning point :\

He walks around at about 160, so he could make weight at the very least. Now, obviously, the skill set of modern MMA is at a much higher level (in general) than it was back in those days, so I think Barao would do great. Might not go undefeated, but I don't even know who would have beaten him, so it's definitely possible he would go undefeated.

I could also see Barao going undefeated against PRIDE's LW's back then,,, not because today's MMA has "evolved", but only because he's a particular skilled, athletic and quick fighter.

Baroa's speed will pose a problem for Gomi, but I don't think he has the power to KO Gomi. The reverse however is most likely true though, and may go the way of the Azeredo fight.

Would have been very interesting to see him versus many of the old(er) school and legends then.

Are you fucking insane?? Clearly past, present, or future Barao was completely incapable of putting up even a modest fight against anybody who has EVER fought for PRIDE.

Fucking noobs these days, I swear.

Doubtful. The ten minute first round would have killed his cardio and ring instead of cage would change his style, not to mention it was a murderer's row of lightweights back then outside of maybe Bj Penn.

Gomi, Kawajiri, Hellboy and Sakurai would have been nightmare matchups

Back