would anyone else be interested in Rampage at HW??

xentreos

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
How do you think he'd fair in fights against the likes of Roy Nelson Frank Mir steph struve or other potential HW fights ?not necessarily a Cain Velasquez or top 3 big but maybe more favorable matchups like Brendan Schaub.Too small ? Chin couldn't hold up ? Or do you think he could find similar success like Anthony Johnson did?

I think his style could allow him to find alot of success at heavyweight. He's got a good gas tank especially by HW standards, he's got cautious style of boxing that I think would allow him to avoid alot of the early power punches and he's strong as ox. Rampage has a champions skill set that alot of heavyweights in the ufc just don't possess that I think would really make the difference in like I said novelty match ups, I'd really have to see rampage impose his game at HW in order to give him a chance against the elite heavyweights. So do I think he could be a serious heavyweight contender? Not necessarily but I really think a move to heavyweight is very realistic at this point in his career.

at this point, not really interested in Rampage at any weight

Awesome I could see Rampage coming in looking like Roy Nelson.

He'd KO everyone except the top 5. I don't think Rampage is very good anymore, I just know that HWs are very bad.

I think he'd do very well at HW. As big a fan as I am though I don't think he would get past Cain.

at this point, not really interested in Rampage at any weight

Dang really ? His outside the cage antics are definitely a hindrance but I'm always interested in a legend stepping In the cage whether I'm a fan or not.

He'd beat some top ten guys, but he'd lose very badly to the top 5. So badly that I don't think the move up is really worth it.

Yes, Rampage vs. Meathead.... winner takes all.

Mitrione is fast and knows how to fight from a distance. He would fuck Rampage up. Jumping up a weightclass is no picknick. Look at Maldonado, nearly unfinishable at LHW but got taken out with 2 half assed shots by Miocic. Rampage knows this. He will try to rebuild a rivalry with Rashad and fight him in the summer, or Lil Nog or Shogun, Manuwa. Enough fun fights for him at LHW, where he won't crack the top 5.

Nothing will make me believe in rampage again, it was fun while it lasted but his time is long past no matter what weight he's at.

He would perform roughly the same, as he has his whole career:

Win some.
Lose some.

It'd be fun, Rampage vs:

Nelson
Mitrione
Arlovski
Hunt

But I think Rampage gets tooled in each of these fights.

I'd love to see it if only for new matchups and a greater chance of his fights not going the distance.

Back