Would Anderson Silva survI've in modern day UFC?

wrestlefan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
MW is a shark tank right now. Anderson was once great but I couldn't see him surviving Perreria or Izzzzzz Adesanya.

Lol @ “survive.” Anderson would likely be champ, and even if you don’t think prime Silva beats Izzy, then he’d be #2. Perreira has good hands but dude has a 6-1 MMA record FFS, let’s chill on the recency bias. Anderson is elite in any era we’ve seen so far in MMA. MW GOAT.

I also forgot about Whittaker, Strickland and Till.

I actually think on Silva's stubbornness, he would lose to Whittaker and Izzy. But neither have touched the greatness he exhibited during his reign.

I also forgot about Whittaker, Strickland and Till.
Dude. Till was let unconscious by Masvidal, subbed by Woodley and Brunson. Anderson Silva would absolutely eat his fucking lunch. Strickland?? That dude is flat-footed AF, and doesn’t even really have an elite win on his resume, unless we’re calling Hermansson elite and accepting that split decision. Anderson would murk that fool just like Perreira did.
Izzy and Whittaker are the only fighters in the MW Top 10 right now that are even debatable imo.

In his prime he would probably do OK but guys like Weidman Romero (i am aware hes gone now) and maybe Vettori still give him a hard time,strong guys who can take him down and over power him, I think Whittaker also gives Anderson a tough time.

If Anderson came up today,hed have to adjust his style. Chael Sonnen exposed some things that guys like Weidman and others there could exploit more heavily.

A prime Silva would make quick work of Izzy, easy money.
Maybe, I think he has the skill to, but I also see the fight being really similar in terms of aggression of their fight past Silva's prime. Silva was oddly stubborn at random times during his career and I can see Izzy exploiting that.

i concur with the majority here. anderson is a modern era champ, with all the tools necessary to hang with modern contenders. his biggest weakness, defending takedowns and getting up from a strong gnp, was not really something he struggled with until he got older. in his past prime days, he gave izzy a real challenge, so im pretty sure anderson wins that fight in his prime.

Back