Would Amosov beat colby?

Yes. Bellator WWs > UFC WWs
Lol you also think Bellator FWs> UFC FWs. You're delusional mate. Odds on you think Mousasi is the best MW and Nemkov the best LHW too right? Good to know Bellator has it's own shills and it's not just the UFC.

I don't think he beats Colby at this point no. Storley had nothing in the standup and was just going for naked shots and still managed to get him down from time to time. Colby mixes up his boxing and forward pressure with his wrestling well and has possibly the best cardio in the sport.

I think it's a nightmare matchup for Amosov personally.

I don't think he beats Colby at this point no. Storley had nothing in the standup and was just going for naked shots and still managed to get him down from time to time. Colby mixes up his boxing and forward pressure with his wrestling well and has possibly the best cardio in the sport.

I think it's a nightmare matchup for Amosov personally.
Storley got him down 1 time in the entire fight and that was in round 2, which btw almost ended in Storley getting submitted. Round 3, the fight went to the ground due to Amosov exhaustion not because of a take down, really. In other words, Amosov attempted a counter but failed and ended up in his back. I think if he still had gas he would have stuffed the take down and walk away like he did the whole fight. Up until mid round 3 Amosov was putting a grappling clinic on Storley.
Having said that, until Amosov fixes his cardio he loses to Covington and Usman but I still would love to see those fights.

Storley got him down 1 time in the entire fight and that was in round 2, which btw almost ended in Storley getting submitted. Round 3, the fight went to the ground due to Amosov exhaustion not because of a take down, really. Up until mid round 3 Amosov was putting a grappling clinic on Storley.
Having said that, until Amosov fixes his cardio he loses to Covington and Usman but I still would love to see those fights.
I think he got one in each of the first two rounds. And the stat card at the end of the fight reflected that.

I think he got one in each of the first two rounds. And the stat card at the end of the fight reflected that.
Statistically, yes he did score a take down in the first, too bit failed to keep him down. Plus Amosov scored 2 take downs on him on that same round. TBH, i dont count take downs if they dont keep you down. In the first round, Storley managed to take him down only to find himself on the feet again and getting taken down himself.

Storley got him down 1 time in the entire fight and that was in round 2, which btw almost ended in Storley getting submitted. Round 3, the fight went to the ground due to Amosov exhaustion not because of a take down, really. In other words, Amosov attempted a counter but failed and ended up in his back. I think if he still had gas he would have stuffed the take down and walk away like he did the whole fight. Up until mid round 3 Amosov was putting a grappling clinic on Storley.

He got him down in the 3rd IIRC but I'd need to rewatch the fight. He did let Storley in on his legs, but he sprawled well, however from there Colby or Usman will usually back you into the cage so you can't sprawl backwards.

He got him down in the 3rd IIRC but I'd need to rewatch the fight. He did let Storley in on his legs, but he sprawled well, however from there Colby or Usman will usually back you into the cage so you can't sprawl backwards.
I think Amosov would struggle way more with Usman and Colby's wrestling. The cardio and the set ups with punches is just on another level.
Hopefully Amosov continues to improve his cardio and TDD, though.

I'm not really concerned about cardio. I can't think of a fight where Colby or Usman for that matter had to scramble that much. Basically, the only fight where that might have happened is if Colby and Usman elected to grapple in their fight instead of stand up. If they'd had to fight the same way I think they'd be gassed as well.

I think Amosov and Covington are stylistically the most similar fighters. Amosov's striking technique has improved a lot. They both have good striking technique relative to their peers but no power...but between them Colby probably still has a little more power. For that reason I think if you're Colby you want to keep it on the feet. I think Colby's offensive wrestling is better, I think his defensive wrestling might be a little worse, so it could theoretically come down to a 15 minute scramble drill like this fight. The Storley fight is usually not what you expect to see from Amosov haha. Usually it's Amosov who is on the offensive, trying to control fighters, take them down, submit them. If Colby can keep it on the feet, or if he can get back up when he gets taken down then Colby by DEC, if Amosov can take him down and keep him down then Amosov by SUB. I'm probably leaning towards the former at this point, I think Colby is just a bit more refined at this stage in his career.

Colby would wear him down to nothing by the end of the second round.

Colby would wear him down to nothing by the end of the second round.
Well, lets not forget that Amosov game comes with some slicks submissions. I'm surprised more people havent mentioned that Amosov was close to finishing that brabo choke on Storley. Storley miraculously escaped his legs from Amosov but that was fucking close. If Amosov is serious about his career, and he looks very serious about his possibilities, he knows cardio and stamina are his biggest weakness and he will work his ass of to better them.
I'm not sure this is a one off thing of Amosov because his last fight against Ruth he did not look to be as tired (and that was another grappling clinic). The thing is that Amosov is kind of like Fedor, not stylistically, but in that he doesnt show emotion and always fights at the same speed so its kind of hard to tell when he is tired and when he is not.
Amosov earned the respect of everyone yesterday that is for sure, hopefully he also earned a titleshot.

That's like me saying if Storley still had his conditioning from round 1 he could have landed multiple takedowns in the second and third and clinched the fight.
Further to your post above the RNC in the third was closer than the brabo that was very well defended.

I actually really enjoyed the fight and think it should be a draw

That's like me saying if Storley still had his conditioning from round 1 he could have landed multiple takedowns in the second and third and clinched the fight.
Further to your post above the RNC in the third was closer than the brabo that was very well defended.

I actually really enjoyed the fight and think it should be a draw
Fair points, they both had good submissions on each other and were close to finishing them. And yes, Storley was closer to finishing that RNC than Amosov that brabo. I'm very impressed by Amosov TDD and defensive grappling overall, had he finished that brabo I dont think you could deny him the next title shot. At the same time, Storley impressed me with his heart and offensive grappling, shit most any other fighter would have been mentally broken after the first round clinic of Amosov and that brabo choke but freaking Storley weathered the storm and almost got a finish in the 3rd. Can you imagine how high Storley would be today had he finished the RNC in the third? What a phenomenal fight! that fight was an amazing grappling match, I might have a new favorite grappling clinic to watch besides Neiman vs Ruth.

Colby beats him. Better striking, cardio and has wrestling too. He'd outlast him.

Its funny UFC fan boys dismiss Amosov because
1. he didnt finish Storley
2. Colby and Usman probably beat him
3. He is not the next Khabib

Yes, not being able to finish Storley, even though he was previously undefeated = you automatically suck

Yes, not being favored against the champion and #1 ranked guy in the UFC = you automatically suck

Yes, not being as good a grappler as the GOAT = you automatically suck

Its funny UFC fan boys dismiss Amosov because
1. he didnt finish Storley
2. Colby and Usman probably beat him
3. He is not the next Khabib

Yes, not being able to finish Storley, even though he was previously undefeated = you automatically suck

Yes, not being favored against the champion and #1 ranked guy in the UFC = you automatically suck

Yes, not being as good a grappler as the GOAT = you automatically suck

I think half the problem is the current Bellator brigade that go into the heavies and constantly shit post about how much better everyone in Bellator is than anyone in the UFC and that creates those kind of reactions.

It'd probably be the same with say ACA if I was going in there alleging that AAA would easily smash everyone.

Maybe is too soon to Amosov, but he already beat 2 opponents with better wrestling cresentials than Colby.

I think half the problem is the current Bellator brigade that go into the heavies and constantly shit post about how much better everyone in Bellator is than anyone in the UFC and that creates those kind of reactions.

It'd probably be the same with say ACA if I was going in there alleging that AAA would easily smash everyone.
LMAO yesss that is part of the problem, too.

@Hellowhosthat it is important to mention that UFC fanboys are rather insecure about anything UFC too, its actually quiet funny. They are strong supporters of Dana and the UFC but not the fighters. Its as if fighters magically become elite once they fight in the UFC but become shit as soon as they leave.
More than anything, just like the "Bellator brigade" likes to shit on the UFC, the UFC fanboys are just so insecure about the UFC's success against boxing.

@Hellowhosthat it is important to mention that UFC fanboys are rather insecure about anything UFC too, its actually quiet funny. They are strong supporters of Dana and the UFC but not the fighters. Its as if fighters magically become elite once they fight in the UFC but become shit as soon as they leave.
More than anything, just like the "Bellator brigade" likes to shit on the UFC, the UFC fanboys are just so insecure about the UFC's success against boxing.

Yeah for sure that does exist, but there's a large amount of people in the heavies that don't watch Bellator and you get people who do having arguments with them which always turns to these extreme arguments about how Vadim or Pitbull would absolutely murder anyone in the UFC without breaking a sweat.

They're just shit threads.

I'm a fan of fighters rather than organisations, and I know you're the same.

Back