Would all rounds of Cain vs Jones look like Round 2 of Cormier vs Jones?

That's my prediction anyway. Cormier had a decent gameplan to beat Jones but he ran out of gas. Cain does not get tired and could keep that pace on Jones for 5 rounds. Cain would beat Jones even at HW.

He didn't gas. Next.

Jones doesnt have the KO power

I'm not sure where that myth comes from. Jones has great KO power he just also has a full bag of tricks and doesn't lose fights by head hunting the entire time (see hendo).

He didn't gas. Next.

Cormier said at the post fight he took rd4 off. presumably from gassing.

Jones would maul Cain. Jones would be bigger, younger, more versatile and stronger than Cain at HW. Jones would finish him.

I'm assuming this would be at HW. Cain is just too much at that class when he is at his best. He absolutely dominated the entire match. JBJ could win would have to move up and fight at HW for a while. Even at LHW he doesn't dominate his opponents a majority of the time but he does find ways to win a close fight if it's close.

Last edited:
I'm not sure where that myth comes from. Jones has great KO power he just also has a full bag of tricks and doesn't lose fights by head hunting the entire time (see hendo).

Who did JBJ ever KO to lead you to that flawed conclusion?

Cain is a different beast and would smash bones.

You would have to favour Cain in this match, especially if fought at Heavyweight. He'd have no fear of Jones' power and it would play out similar to JDS 2 & 3.

Forget Cain, JDS, Werdum and the other beasts at HW. Overeem injured JBJ in training doing some light grappling. Cain would make mincemeat of that junkie.

It would look worse than so. Cain would maul him and finish him within 3 rounds.

He said it was the body shots, not cardio.

That's my prediction anyway. Cormier had a decent gameplan to beat Jones but he ran out of gas. Cain does not get tired and could keep that pace on Jones for 5 rounds. Cain would beat Jones even at HW.

Everybody gets tired, Cain is not a super hero. If Cain were to face Jones, Jones would take him places he has never been before in an MMA fight. Jones by TKO R4

Jones would find a way to win as always. He might even dominate. A flying knee or big elbow cracks Cain's chin. I don't think Cain has the power to hurt Jones' iron chin.

Not even sure Cain could press Jones up against the cas after the way his wrestling coach just got controlled.

Jones would maul Cain. Jones would be bigger, younger, more versatile and stronger than Cain at HW. Jones would finish him.

Now you know Inverse you can't say that, Jones haters would literally kill themselves if their last hope and super hero Cain got demolished by Jones. Note to Jones haters not only would Cormier beat Cain but Jones would finish him. Cain styles is more aggressive than Cormier which would leave Cain open more.

Cains never had to fight at a pace he wasn't comfortable with.When he finally fights someone who can keep the pace and push him hard for 5 rounds I expect him to slow down.

That may be true but it's highly unlikely that Jones can keep up that kind of pace for long enough. Long enough to have enough left to protect himself from Cain's mauling and long enough to actually win enough points for a decision win. Plus he has never taken punishment like that from a strong heavyweight.

I think Jones would have to slow him down by hurting him early on, and more than once. He'd need to land one of those spinning elbows and head kicks, maybe flying knees etc. Being dazed from strikes while spending a lot of stamina is a different kind of exhaustion. But actually Cain has even overcome that when he fought Kongo, it didn't stop him one bit.

I'd favor Cain.

Who has Jones knocked out that makes you presume that he can finish the baddest man on the planet via KO? Cain is really strong, a natural HW, he held his own with brock in the wrestling game and even took him down, Jones is great, but he had trouble when he got pressured by DC. I think a lot of people are making some wrong conclusions based on the fact that he was able to wrestle with Cormier, he is still the same guy who couldn't take Gus down and got taken down, he is still the same guy that couldn't hold Glover down.

Cormier is not nearly as dangerous as Cain on the feet, his striking is not as fluent and he doesn't have the same power.

That may be true but it's highly unlikely that Jones can keep up that kind of pace for long enough. Long enough to have enough left to protect himself from Cain's mauling and long enough to actually win enough points for a decision win. Plus he has never taken punishment like that from a strong heavyweight.

I think Jones would have to slow him down by hurting him early on, and more than once. He'd need to land one of those spinning elbows and head kicks, maybe flying knees etc. Being dazed from strikes while spending a lot of stamina is a different kind of exhaustion. But actually Cain has even overcome that when he fought Kongo, it didn't stop him one bit.

I'd favor Cain.

Depends on his T/E ratio

Who has Jones knocked out that makes you presume that he can finish the baddest man on the planet via KO? Cain is really strong, a natural HW, he held his own with brock in the wrestling game and even took him down, Jones is great, but he had trouble when he got pressured by DC. I think a lot of people are making some wrong conclusions based on the fact that he was able to wrestle with Cormier, he is still the same guy who couldn't take Gus down and got taken down, he is still the same guy that couldn't hold Glover down.

Cormier is not nearly as dangerous as Cain on the feet, his striking is not as fluent and he doesn't have the same power.

Cain got dropped by Kongo, his chin is overrated by fans. Other than the first JDS fight Cain avoids hits much like DC in HW.

DC has better wrestling than Cain. Cain has never ragdolled anyone in his career and Jones neutralized DC's wrestling.

The only thing Cain has above DC is 2 inches of height and good cardio. However is his cardio has only been tested against rather slow opponents such as Brock, Bigfoot and JDS. Whether he can keep up with a faster agile opponent like Jones has yet to be determined, but it is possible. But then again Cain doesn't fight, therefore who know if this fight would ever happen.

I think a lot a lot people are discrediting DC's wrestling and career due to his loss against MMA's pariah, Jones. DC's hands are just as good and powerful as Cain's, DC KO'd Bigfoot outright while Cain got GNPs.

Cain got dropped by Kongo, his chin is overrated by fans. Other than the first JDS fight Cain avoids hits much like DC in HW.

DC has better wrestling than Cain. Cain has never ragdolled anyone in his career and Jones neutralized DC's wrestling.

The only thing Cain has above DC is 2 inches of height and good cardio. However is his cardio has only been tested against rather slow opponents such as Brock, Bigfoot and JDS. Whether he can keep up with a faster agile opponent like Jones has yet to be determined, but it is possible. But then again Cain doesn't fight, therefore who know if this fight would ever happen.

I think a lot a lot people are discrediting DC's wrestling and career due to his loss against MMA's pariah, Jones. DC's hands are just as good and powerful as Cain's, DC KO'd Bigfoot outright while Cain got GNPs.

I would love to see Jones defeat Cain as any of his fans do, but saying nonsense like Cain has never ragdolled anyone isn't gonna help the Jones fanbase out any.

Cain is a monster and would be anybody toughest career fight.

The real question is, would Cain even be able to make it to 205 pounds ?

I am not sure if he could, he seems a bit bigger than DC to me, but even if he could, he definitely wouldn't be the same fighter at 205 that he was at HW, in terms of size.

Jones could move up, but what reason would there be for him to do that ? To "prove himself" against bigger fighters ? Doesn't need to prove himself, he's doing fine at 205 and makes the weight without issue.

It also seems like people underestimate Cain in this fight, after seeing what Jones did to Cormier.

Cormier is not Cain, they are very different fighters and DC has never been known to put on the same type of pace that Cain has, and also, Jones fought skinny 205 DC, if Jones were to fight 245 pound Cain at HW, the story might be told a little differently.

At 205 Jones is pretty untouchable right now, it seems to me.

Back