Would a prime GSP vs Khabib even be a discussion?

Silly discussion, agreed TS.

GSP competed a weight class up against some serious wrestlers and handled every single one of them.

I'm a huge Khabib fan, he's a killer at 155, but if he thinks he can go to 170 and throw around Marty, Woodley and the rest, then he might be in for a rude awakening.

While it was a while ago, he has significant struggle with Tiabu (can't be bothered checking spelling)... prime GSP is like a Tiabu on even more steroids with 10x the skill lol.

Apples and oranges sure, but given the divisional difference, the comparisons are strange.

Gsp has gotten KOd by Serra(FW frame Manlet) and lost to BJ(Another FW frame), size wouldn't be much of a factor.

Khabib is better than anyone gsp has fought. This is a close fight that likely goes the distance, split decision.

Thats insane talk. Penn and Serra are totally different fighters. You should also watch the rematches, bud.

Thats insane talk. Penn and Serra are totally different fighters. You should also watch the rematches, bud.
Those fights show that GSP isn't invincible like his nuthuggers like to claim. He would have his hands full against Khabib.

We need to see Khabib vs Poirer and Ferguson then we can have a fair opinion. Ferguson vs GSP would also be interesting. We did se what Bisping did off his back against GSP , Ferguson?

I've seen GSP handle many good grapplers. I have a pretty good idea how this ends.

GSP is way bigger (better leverage) and he is better wrestler. I think Khabib might be a better boxer though. I still take GSP by decision but it might get interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if GSP gets rocked a few times.

better wrestling? He had a nice, MMA Blast double. GSP was subbed by flying armbar by lee Santos, and Hughes arm barred him. Khabib has a better resume. better skills and better all around grappler. Khabib has a DEADLY guard. He has a variety of takedowns.....Khabib is much better

At 170

No. GSP Keeps it standing and just badly jabs him to death basically. Easy unanimous decision.

Khabib is an insanely good grappler
But I think GSP likely fought a couple guys who were nearly as good, if not as good, pure wrestlers as Khabib.

GSP fought D1 guys and national champs like Kos. Chewed them up and spit them out.

Khabib is an insanely good grappler
But I think GSP likely fought a couple guys who were nearly as good, if not as good, pure wrestlers as Khabib.
That’s the thing about khabib is more than a wrestler his the best at mixing different grappling forms from wrestling to sambo if he can’t get you on a traditional single leg he would sweep your legs of.

Gsp would have beaten him. Too smart and well rounded.

GSP would beat his ass. And I say that as a known GSP "hater" (realist)

Khabib would be lucky to beat old age retired GSP right now. Forget about beating prime GSP.

No GSP beat much better wrestlers than Khabib in Shields, Kos, Fitch and Hughes. GSP easy UD
Jake Shields is a better wrestler ? Matter of fact none of them are better mma wrestlers than Khabib. That's why the fucking thread was made because only GSP is at that level. Delete your account..now.

Back