Would a Man Like This Ever Gets Finished?

MMAnytt-Featured72.jpg

Tony on Werdum: I would ankle pick him.
TMZ: And sneak a rear naked choke?
Tony: Nah, I'd just finish him. Ground and pound.

Tony was finished only once 11 years ago when he was sane and just started MMA. And he didn't even tap to choke. Can you finish a man this crazy with such a record?

I think Khabib should win but how the hell is he going to win? Only by decision and no way Tony's going to lose the 4th and 5th rounds. Tony arguably has the best cardio out there and Khabib's known to take rounds off and rest a bit.

Khabib's only chance to win is 48-47 decision and I think that's the most likely outcome.
Agreed. No way khabib finishes tony. He struggled with al. He will blanket him for two rounds. Then i have 3-5 going for tony. Khabib has been starching featherweights. He's in for a rude shock with tony.

The mental doesn't always respond to the physical. Mentally Ferguson will never get finished, but if Khabib's GnP is heavy enough or he catches Tony with a full force overhand right, I don't expect Tony to stay in there.

Officially I'd say Khabib wins via UD
The mental doesn't always respond to the physical. Mentally Ferguson will never get finished, but if Khabib's GnP is heavy enough or he catches Tony with a full force overhand right, I don't expect Tony to stay in there.

What's so special about kabobs overhand tights? Couldn't even rock Conor, and he didnt even see it.

Tony would have to be an absolute can to get caught by an overhand right from Khabib

I agree with the thread premise that Ferg probably wouldn't tap to a choke or strikes.
But if he gets locked up in a tech sub like an armbar, kimura, kneebar? He's a smart grappler he will know if its locked or not and would likely tap. Otherwise a broken arm...but then the ref is gonna stop the fight.
Lots of other finishes also out of Tony's control. Ref could decide he has seen enough GnP or on the feet, he could get stopped by the doc like Nate did... all legit finishes.

So to answer the question posed by TS
Would a Man Like This Ever Gets Finished?
The answer is a clear yes.

Considering he got TKO'd by a camera cable, I would say that yes, Khabib can finish him.

Ya know a ref can always finish the fight for ya, hell even a Dr.

Back