Would a cruise ship be a good place to live during a zombie apocalypse?

Assuming one of the crew didn’t sneak aboard infected...

Where are you going to get massive quantities of fuel to power the ship? If it's already pre-fueled, you could travel pretty far...but you're going to need to be familiar with ship operation to get it going anyway. Anyone not familiar with those instruments is likely to run it aground pretty quick and capsize it before they get very far.

I'd rather a decked-out house boat on a big lake. Retro-fitted with a wood boiler for heat, transport, etc.

Less maintenance than a giant sea-fairing cruise ship.

No. You'll only get on a cruise ship if it's docked in port. At that point there may be 25-500 personnel on board some of whom may be infected. The same way that you got on is the same way anybody else could get on so it's not secure until you raise the gangway and close entry hatches.

Does anybody know how to raise the gangway on a Cruise Ship? Let's say that you got on, raised the gangway, closed hatches, and are on the ship by yourself. What happens if you lose shore power and ship power isn't on? Then you have emergency lighting only and lose refrigeration and A/C. What if you get on the ship prior to them being loaded to set sail? You're now on a boat with limited food and drink.

Even if all of the previous bad stuff didn't happen the cruise ship is still a huge risk.

The biggest drawback is that you have to navigate to or through a major metropolitan area to get to one. Miami, Baltimore, Seattle, NYC, San Fran, Norfolk, etc. Not ideal in the Zombie Apocalypse.

What about an oil rig?

Do you, or does anyone in your deeply skilled and fully trustworthy band of zombie hunters, know anything about how you keep the power running in a cruise ship ? Is it stocked with non-perishable food ? Do you know how to pilot, refuel, repair a cruise ship ?

if you answered yes to all of these questions and probably a bunch I haven’t thought of, then sure !

Just a terrific post.

Where are you going to get massive quantities of fuel to power the ship? If it's already pre-fueled, you could travel pretty far...but you're going to need to be familiar with ship operation to get it going anyway. Anyone not familiar with those instruments is likely to run it aground pretty quick and capsize it before they get very far.

Haha, I thought the same thing but honestly thought most people (anybody with an ounce of logic) would realize that they're not stepping onto a luxury liner and simply cruising the Atlantic or Pacific for a bit.

Probably a few stoners around imagining how cool it would be to wear the Captain's hat, hold onto the ship's wheel, and puff a spliff as you cruise along, staring at blue ocean.

That would be cool though.

Never played it actually

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

C'mon man! Left 4 Dead is arguably the greatest Zombie games out there! People still play it online and you're constantly thinking "Run or Shoot?!?!?!"

Sometimes.. It's BOTH!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

C'mon man! Left 4 Dead is arguably the greatest Zombie games out there! People still play it online and you're constantly thinking "Run or Shoot?!?!?!"

Sometimes.. It's BOTH!

Somehow I missed the franchise entirely

Somehow I missed the franchise entirely

<{Joewithit}>

Man, you have to try it. Being a "Smoker" zombie, dragging a survivor, and constricting them from range is... Just....

<DCWhoa>

id say a boat is a bad place to be. id want as few people as possible around me. id prefer an island with lots of fruit to eat.

It'd be all fun and games until someone dies. Then you gotta hope they don't off a few more people when come back to life and run a train on the rest of the ship.

Back