Would a 3rd fight bring in the most money for Diaz out of all possible future scenarios?

Not on the long run
If Nate wins again he'll have a nice leverage over the UFC

Yes, but I can see where this thread is going. I'll leave before the usual suspects show up.

Not on the long run
If Nate wins again he'll have a nice leverage over the UFC

He's got 8 losses in the UFC including to Bendo. Not sure he will ever be a contender.

A year from now Nate will probably be right where he was a year ago. But he'll have a lot more money in his pocket, and probably be making a bit more than he was for each fight.

I think a Lawler rematch would garner a lot of interest, but a rubber match with Jeremy Jackson would be nice to finally settle the score, I suppose.

edit: just checked and had no idea he fought Jackson a 3rd time. Reported TS for ruining my joke

If Conor loses again there is no way a third fight will sell as much. Right now the rematch is riding on Conor winning the first round but if he loses decisively again I don't see many wanting to see it. I want to see the rematch because I think Conor had more to offer with a better gameplan but if he loses I want him back at FW for a while. It would be like watching Tito vs Shamrock all over again

This is why I was hesitant to bet on Diaz this time round , but even if he was thinking about a 3rd fight all Conor has to do is upset him and all thoughts will be on shutting Conor mouth up , and Conor has a habit of upsetting his opponents

I think a Lawler rematch would garner a lot of interest, but a rubber match with Jeremy Jackson would be nice to finally settle the score, I suppose.

edit: just checked and had no idea he fought Jackson a 3rd time. Reported TS for ruining my joke
Come on with this gnubery/ C- level trolling. Nick already had a rubbermatch with Jeremy Jackson.

Nate is not going to throw the match he's got too much pride.

He will go for the kill, then if he wins he can negotiate with the UFC for better whatever he wants.

Records don't matter in the UFC (if they decide to push you).
Made a few edits.

Wins and losses count; for most fighters, it matters who you win against, and lose to.

And to respond to the actual question the OP asked (vs the implied one), the only way a third fight is likely to benefit Nate is if he wins this one too and they later decide to milk another fight at a time when enough people still actually care to see it.
Otherwise he needs to win in exciting fashion and keep building a name in the public eye to make the most money,

If Conor wins, you can bet your life savings there won't be a third fight. The UFC and Conor will dismiss the first fight as a fluke and act like 196 never happened.

Whatever the outcome of this rematch, there won't be any third fight.

Back