Would a 29-28 decision win drop O'Malley's stock?

winkydinks

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For a guy who claims to be the king of the division and is trading shots with guys like Yan and Cody, it's worth wondering.

probably, if it's 3 close rounds and he edges him out, ranking will go up, but hype will slow

Maybe amongst casuals, but real fans know this is a big test which will prove if Sean is ready for the big show.

If Sean wins this, his stock should rise no matter how it goes.

Marlon Vera's extremely underrated. He's in his prime with a ton of experience. He has 8 finishes in the UFC and he's never been finished in his career. If O'Malley wins a close decision, it may slow down the hype train but it will still be a big win for his career.

It really depends on what kind of 29-28 win we are talking about, they're not all the same.

It could raise his stock if he gets hurt and recovers.

For a guy who claims to be the king of the division and is trading shots with guys like Yan and Cody, it's worth wondering.

for me if the striking is close, then his stock drops.
but if the closeness is because of chetos grappling then ill give him a pass.

I think of omalley as a top 3 striker in MMA.
But I dont expect his wrestling to be great.

Nah, Chito Vera ain't no joke, and I think he's actually a name that's going to rise the coming years as well.
People around here are acting like Chito is a scrub. He’s a tough fight for most guys.

Not really considering he likely gets a top 10 guy regardless how he wins. Yall need to remember that Chito has never been finished, so Id be more surprised if Sean gets a KO here.

Marlon Vera's extremely underrated. He's in his prime with a ton of experience. He has 8 finishes in the UFC and he's never been finished in his career. If O'Malley wins a close decision, it may slow down the hype train but it will still be a big win for his career.
If Chito somehow someway KO Sean then Sean stock will drop and his hypetrain is over

There is no world and no parallel universe in which Sean beats Chito. Rd 2 TKO.

Yes it would.

Tbh this match is the battle of a guy who's destroyed absolute nobodies and cans v.s. a guy who's 9-4 and has been competitive, never finished against nobodies, and decent competition but not top 10-15 caliber per se outside his last fight which was close.

It's basically impossible to predict. All it can prove really is that O'Malley is legit enough to be a top 10-15 guy if he wins (especially by finish or dominance) or that Chito deserves to be top 15 and O'Malley wasn't ready or was a hype job to some extent.

It depends on what the fight looked like.

If it was a lackluster, debatable decision, then definitely.

It was a barn burner FOTN, then definitely not.

If O’Malley wins any other way than first round ko then he’s an overhyped can

Back