worth it to go back to school? Any sucessful or unsuccesful stories?

MMouse

Now you enter...the shredder
Banned
Reaction score
Given most ppl by the time they reach mid+ 20's are either tight with finances, financial responsibilities and time.

Also the risk of investing so much time, energy and money in a field of study with very little expectation of getting a guaranteed position afterwards, setting yourself back even more than prior to going back to school.

Wanted to hear your opinions

It's been stop and go for me. I'm 22 and am one semester away from getting my associates, but I have taken semesters off before. Probably not the smartest thing to do but I was gonna fail my classes if I stayed considering I wasn't doing shit. I've been back in school for a year now though and it's going pretty well.

It's a risk. It paid off for some. It didn't for others and it set them back time and money wise.

Its allways worth it to challenge yourselfe and gain more knowledge ... and its cool that you want to pursue happiness and fulfillment in a area that your passionate about.
That said , if you think that it will be hard for you to get a better job and a better life afterwards imo , maybe you should consider other, more reliable areas.
Good luck with that.

Its allways worth it to challenge yourselfe and gain more knowledge ... and its cool that you want to pursue happiness and fulfillment in a area that your passionate about.
That said , if you think that it will be hard for you to get a better job and a better life afterwards imo , maybe you should consider other, more reliable areas.
Good luck with that.

that's the thing with western education system, some young adults (and even much older) won't know what they want to do unless they've been exposed to it.

But being exposed has a price, school is expensive. It's sad how wanting to venture out to see what you like can set yourself back.

Even if it is what you want to do, you still might not get the position afterwards and might have to come to terms of accepting you'll never get in.

I'm 28 and been back at school for 2 years now, hate my current career field even w/the great pay. hoping to be done by next fall and start something new...unless I change my mind on what I want to do which seems to happen every couple years.

Back