Worst you felt for a defeated fighter?

Rampage losing to Jones...Big old Rampage fan

Yeah it wasn't just him being upset over the loss it was him being upset that his career is ending because he can't compete with the top anymore. I think he should move down to MW to reinvigorate his career. I'm sure he can make the cut.
Well said. Don't know if he mentally or physically wants to play the cutting game anymore at 37 next month but I reckon for a guy whose fluid movement and reflexes played such a critical role in his success, he should maybe bow out now and enjoy the legacy he currently has. Just my thoughts though...and I wouldn't even say the game passed him by but rather that his body isn't able to keep up. He was a good fighter, smooth.

With Mark facing both financial and physical hardship nowadays, this photo always reminded me of the opposite - daughters caring for their hurt father so much...it's very touching to know a fighter has a home to go to after he lays it all out in the ring like that. Poignant image of a pioneer after the final bell.

Silva breaking his leg.

This for me. The first loss he kinda deserved for clowning, but this kinda broke my heart.

Aldo. Getting trash talked for over a year, getting ridiculed for getting injured and then losing in 13 seconds to a guy who has done nothing but make fun of you. Even Conor felt bad for him a little bit.

And this. So much this.

Level of competition matters. ALso It'd be more sad for Gunnar to lose meaning he'd be 1-3 in his last 4 and on the verge of being cut.
Yeah, but Gunnar would have been Tumenov's biggest win, and now Tumenov is by far Gunnar's biggest win. It was a good test, but didn't make sense for Tumenov. But Tumenov will be back! He will only become stronger

Tough question -- I might go with Tim Sylvia after he lost to Randy simply because I feel that he got so much unwarranted hatred. I know he got caught with a banned substance and had some fights that many people hated, but on paper, he's still one of the better heavyweight fighters that the UFC has ever had.

Back