Worst you felt for a defeated fighter?

Big Nog staring at his broken arm after Mir snapped it, when just seconds before Nog was about to pound Mir out for the win.

Maybe not the worst, but Tank Abbott vs. Steve Nelmark. That KO was so bad, I thought I witnessed the first televised MMA death.
24ndv2d.jpg

Aldo. Getting trash talked for over a year, getting ridiculed for getting injured and then losing in 13 seconds to a guy who has done nothing but make fun of you. Even Conor felt bad for him a little bit.

Aldo obviously. Losing a fluke fight and getting fucked in the ass by fans and UFC, released his locker room footage lmfao. UFC as an organization is more corrupt than the italian government

Agree with these. I can't imagine a worse loss than what Aldo had to put up with. People talk about him taking it badly. Frankly, I think he took it like a champion. He was polite and respectful in the interview directly after, despite the translation fuck up, while Conor is running over to Aldo's corner giving them all the finger and being an utter disrespectful douche, and it was only much later with some anger coming out and trying to trash talk get the rematch that he ever really talked some proper shit. Even then, much of it was standard fighter talk simply trying to get a rematch.

The 'I'm still the champion' bit is a perfect example. He clarified that he doesn't think of Conor as the champion and still thinks, ie. still has the mentality, of the champion because that's what he was for so long and the loss wasn't going to change his championship mindset. So the loss didn't dent his mentality as the best fighter, which is exactly what a great champion needs to think and why he was able to get back and beat Edgar so easily. People took it as this crazy, deluded thing of he doesn't believe in the reality of him losing the fight and even thinks that maybe that fight didn't really happen. No, he simply meant that he doesn't conform to a losers mindset and still think's as highly of his skills and talent as he did beforehand, which is that of the best fighter in the world. There's a big difference between believing in still having the mindset of the champion to believing that Conor doesn't really have the belt now, the fight never even happened and it's all a fake dream.

Nearly every fighter thinks the same thing, and most say so, yet people lost their shit when Aldo says it.

Rich Franklin when he was defeated ny A Silva the 2nd time. He beat everyone AT 185 but cant get the title back. Ofc he wasnt done fighting but a trilogy wasnt going to happen.

I don't think I've ever felt bad for the loser except when the judges have blown it. If someone takes a beatdown, panic wrestles and taps, or just get caught and ktfo they chose to get in the cage and it's their life not mine. If there was a miscarriage of justice, its a totally different story.

Aldo and Anderson when he broke his leg.

Big Nog vs Big Country was pretty bad. Especially because it was just a mauling start to finish.

Nate Diaz when we got dropped on his head like 5 times against Rory!

Sakuraba when he got soccer kicked to death against Wandi!

Rory after he was force fed his own nose. Hope he comes back %100 one day.

Gus after losing(?) to Jones.
Wanderlei after losing to Liddell, Jackson, or Franklin.

Probably Pat Barry losing that insane fight he had in the bag to Kongo.

Shogun after losing to Chael (he was so disappointed) and Lyoto getting dropped like a dead body after Jones.

I'd say either of the last couple BJ Penn fights, but let's put that on hold until after his next one.

Cormier - Jones
Chael - Silva
Ronda - Holm
Shogun - Chael
Gus - Johnson
Kharitonov - Barnett
Marloes - Dufresne
Zingano - Ronda
Hunt - McCorkle
Ubereem - Bigfoot
Rampage - Wanderlei 2
Aldo - McGregor

Last edited:
Gus getting crushed at home by Rumble. Seeing him cry was awful, that was real pain streaming down those dowy eyes.

All of the good ones have been mentioned. I'll go with that guy that Matt Riddle KO'ed to get in the TUF house. Dude just laid there moaning with a broken jaw. Brutal!
Personally, A. Silva leg break was the worse. I di a little every time he loses...

Shogun vs Jones

He was trying so hard, and just getting owned

prob marquardt in the gastellum fight, al turk in the kongo fight, or most of anderson silvas opponents

Back