Worst videogame you have ever owned?

Resident Evil Survivor. Bought it for full price when it came out knowing ahead of time it would probably suck.

Here's some more trash I somehow convinced my parents to pay for.

View attachment 814529
View attachment 814530

Cave Man Games was actually a family favourite on our NES, my dad especially liked it. I liked the pole vaulting over the t-Re the best, though the clubbing your opponent off the cliff was cool too.

When I hacked my NES Classic a few years back unfortunately the rom for Caveman Games was one I couldn’t get working.

Probably not the worst, but the most disappointing which springs to mind was Fable.

I have E.T for the Atari 2600 but I think it's alright actually. So worst I own is Tony Hawk's Motion on the Nintendo DS.
I always felt so bad for Scott Warshaw cause of that dumb mainstream narrative. E.T. wasn't even the worst game on Atari when it came out.

Surprisingly I can't really think of many games.

Game Informer throughout the 90s + renting being popular means I didn't really buy any games that would score lower than a 9 out of 10. Not pre-ordering helped too, waited for reviews and friends to try it out before buying it.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was frustrating at the time because of the popularity.
The original one on NES right? I fucking loved the turtles back then and HATED that game. I always got stuck at a certain area and could never progress

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was frustrating at the time because of the popularity.

If you’re talking about the original TMNT game from like 1988 or whatever that was on NES I had the PC port of that which was literally unbeatable due to a bug or error in making the game which made a jump impassable.

6pjVjLQYlaseOpzqY9DFqDuFKqJeLCdwC6jSYs5pM78.png

For years my brothers and I couldn’t figure out what to do. It wasn’t until like 2013 or so that I came across the above picture for the first time and realized we weren’t doing anything wrong at all - the game was just broken.

Another game that was like throwing money in the trash. I let hype man Kudo Tsunoda con me into buying this one:

190400.jpg

In terms of wrestling this was the bottom of the fucking barrel IMO.

View attachment 814533
I loved that game. It was the first create-a-character I remember. I used to make my friends then invite them over to play and see how long it took to realize I was beating the shit out of them haha. As far as PS1 wrestling games go it was a masterpiece compared to this...

WCW_Nitro_Cover.jpg

"POWERBOMB!!!"

I only bought it cause it was dirt cheap and easy achievements lo

i don't mean to derail this, but can anyone explain why people buy/play games (esp ones they don't like) for pixel trophies? i never understood pixel trophies to begin with, but this shit just... i honestly just have no clue. i can't get myself to play anything i don't like and i disabled the trophy notifications on the ps4 within the first day.

and re: ET. i think the angle is more that the game seemingly has nothing to do with the movie... but i never saw the movie or played the game, so i dunno. that old atari system had a lot of terrible games, anyway. like... honestly, most games for it just sucked.

funny enough, i can't even think of the worst games i had or even narrow it.

I loved that game. It was the first create-a-character I remember. I used to make my friends then invite them over to play and see how long it took to realize I was beating the shit out of them haha. As far as PS1 wrestling games go it was a masterpiece compared to this...

View attachment 814588

"POWERBOMB!!!"
We had fun with this before War Zone and Revenge came out. It aged so fast though, no one played Thunder when it came out a year later.

Predator Hunting Grounds.
God what a disappointing collection of trash that turned out to be.
I thought about copping that when the price went down. Is the game dead already?

I thought about copping that when the price went down. Is the game dead already?
I Uninstalled it, every time they update or fix something it fucks something else up.
It was freezing and getting all choppy also occasionally blue screening.
Waiting for matches can be anywhere from 2 minutes to hours at times if you are playing fire team, predator is worse.

If you don't have a dedicated group to play with its gonna be a bit of a glitchy shit show.

Oh yeah there's also only 4 stages and they're all in the jungle, there's some slight differences in the maps but nothing too crazy.

Honestly if it goes down to 10 bucks or less it's worth a try but I wouldn't pay much more then that. There's paid dlc also but it's just characters and most aren't even worth it because their exclusive weapons get released for free anyway,
(I did get one of the Arnie ones early on but honestly wasn't that impressed with him and using him kinda sucks because people tend to target him more then the other marines)

220px-Jade_Empire_Coverart.png

I used to be into reading IGN, action RPGs and martial arts

So when this game came out and got a 99 or something on IGN (it wasn't on my radar before), I immediately went out and bought it.

SO MUCH TALKING OMG

Plus the action never really got that good. I was expecting more responsiveness and combos and all that, but that's not what I got. I kept telling myself that if I kept leveling up the game will get good..

Then it ended and I threw my controller.

Clearly the game wasn't for me, but.. no way it was a 99/100 game either...

Back