Worst tourists - Chinese or Brits?

Speaking as someone who has worked as a tour guide for many years, it's hands down the Americans that are the worst. And it's not even close. (Sorry guys)

Edit: I guess I could see the Chinese being pretty bad. Rarely had any Chinese tourists but I live in an area with lots of Chinese, so I can see what might be an issue.

Chinese without a doubt. I never thought Brits to be that bad, although I did experience a few drunk Brits singing soccer songs at a nice restaurant here in Orange County. It was very bizarre and disturbed the entire restaurant.

Should of told them to shut the fuck up and to get their cockney ass out of there. Most Brits are pussys and they shouldn't be acting like that in the fucking United States of America.

Speaking as someone who has worked as a tour guide for many years, it's hands down the Americans that are the worst. And it's not even close. (Sorry guys)

Well you are probably a douchebag and are unlikeable. I mean why would anyone respect a fucking tour guide.

Well you are probably a douchebag and are unlikeable. I mean why would anyone respect a fucking tour guide.

Lol. If there is one thing a tour guide has to be....it's likable.

American tourists aren't bad because they are rude to me. They are bad because they want everything to be exactly the same as it is in America, and complain when things aren't. Unlike tourists from other countries they are much less likely to want to learn or experience new things.

It's just a generalization, but it's often true.

Last edited:
Look these chinese know they got General Tso's chicken so we cant never be rid of them. Thats why they push our buttons

Youre always trying to find a nice way to put things and its commendable but as mentioned 30 years ago Korea was economically worse than China and they dont use the street as a public bathroom . I think communism might have something to do with it but the relative quick shift from poverty to wealth i dont think is what is causing this behavior .
Communism has nothing to do with it, countryside living does. I mention Communism because country folk communist party members have lots of money. I suspect they're the ones doing the public pooing.

I hate it when people come here (or anywhere) and dont integrate,and become cliquish unto themselves. Whats the point of living here then? Steadfastly,purposefully sticking to where you WERE rather to where you ARE seems like no way to live. The value in this life is experiencing new things,not blocking them out. If your "friends" dont like that you are changing,they can eat a dick.
There are Irish, Jewish, Black, Italian, Chinese, Korean, etc. areas of NYC. Kick all them fools out of the country.

There are Irish, Jewish, Black, Italian, Chinese, Korean, etc. areas of NYC. Kick all them fools out of the country.

Gimme a break bro,dont even try to pretend like bensonhurst is the same as chinatown.

Of course there are pockets of cultural neighborhoods all over new york. Some of the people that live in them actually go to school with other american kids,and keep whatever traditions they have at home,some of those people work with other americans and dont feel the need to reject the world around them and stick to their own kind. I just wouldnt ever want to have that mentality.

Gotta love how these kind of threads always bring out all the racist POS. And the worst, most obvious ones are always getting their two cents in.

At least get the term correct; instead of using that tired old, warped slander that is racist.

Its xenophobia that is running rampant here, and yes I've got plenty;

Fuck Poles, fuck Russians, fuck Americans, fuck Spanish, German, French, Greeks, Turks....

Got nothing bad to say about Asians though.

My only complaint is that not enough Chinese girls will sleep with me. Frigid.

No racism

Gimme a break bro,dont even try to pretend like bensonhurst is the same as chinatown.
My point is even after hundreds of years, different ethnic groups tend to group together with their own. Why do the Asians have to assimilate into European culture because the Euros have a couple centuries head start?

At 1st I thought this was at Tomi Seafood Buffet on the eastside of San Jose where I grew up. :p

Rude people suck in general.

I'd argue the point but their hate is mostly warranted.

Cant argue that 'Brits abroad' are total wankers. No denying (not me, however, I'm an angel abroad).

Fucking pond life scum.

My point is even after hundreds of years, different ethnic groups tend to group together with their own. Why do the Asians have to assimilate into European culture because the Euros have a couple centuries head start?

I can only speak as an individual,I think someone is basically almost completley ignoring their own surroundings and making your world very very small with that viewpoint. I could never do it. I grew up in NYC and have been exposed to so many cultures here AND abroad,seen many different sides of the same coin...I just cant see myself not wanting more than the cards that i have been dealt.

It's been interesting to see people's opinion of British tourists. I've met thousands of British travellers and rarely had a problem. But now that I'm thinking about it, most of the Brits that I meet are backpackers, who are generally young, but well educated and/or have good careers. 70% of them are female and the guys on the bus are often with their girlfriends, so will generally be well behaved.

I don't get buses full of lager louts travelling for a footy game. I could see that being a completely different scenario.

Just watching the video's of Chinese tourists is pretty incredible. Don't invite them to a buffet...wow....

Communism has nothing to do with it, countryside living does. I mention Communism because country folk communist party members have lots of money. I suspect they're the ones doing the public pooing.
I still have to disagree . We have lot of countryside hicks and they dont do this .

I think communism does have something to do with people only caring about themselves and not giving any care what anyone else thinks or any sense of doing something out of social obligation .

Back