Worst Times That People Have Flaked On You?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by das omen, Aug 4, 2015.

1. das omen

das omen Green Belt

What are some of the worst times that people have flaked out on you? Be it some hot chick that was in your Econ 101 class or a childhood friend who didn't follow through on that 11th annual camping trip.

I was thinking about this the other day because lately I have been flaked on by a few chicks that have agreed to go out for drinks/lunch but nothing has happened yet. Getting the phone number is the easy part, but getting them to meet up somehow seems to be unnecessarily difficult. But not worried about it, dating is a numbers game.

But if I were to point out the worst I was flaked on happened about 10 years ago, was able to convince one of my ex co-workers to dinner and she was incredibly beautiful and had a great personality. We agreed to meet a few days later, on the day of, I took my truck to the car wash and gave it a good clean, probably the most detailed effort I ever gave my truck. Never spoke to her since setting up the date, I decided to give her a call about an hour from the agreed upon time, but no answer. I continued to finish up what was left from washing my truck and then tried calling her again, nothing. My unnecessarily over-inflated ego took a big hit, I wouldn't have thought a girl like her would do something like that, no call, no text, nothing. Well, at least my truck was looking great.

More to follow.

What was the worst times that people have flaked on you? Or maybe, you flaked on them?

2. bcordova

bcordova Brown Belt

My best friend from like 5 years old until I was 30 didn't show up to my wedding.

3. das omen

das omen Green Belt

Damn, that is brutal.

I'm sure you had prior communication of his attending your wedding, correct? Did he agree to go beforehand and then not show or what?

4. Chinballs

Chinballs Black Belt

My dad got me a job at a festival in southern Sweden when I was 18 years old. It was great.

He drove me down their with like four bags and a guitar and I was there for nearly 2 months.

Had a great time... Old geezer flaked out on me when I was going back. Had to haul that crap for miles... Droped the guitar and a bag pretty early on my trip.. It simply wasn't possible. The locals were laughing at packmule me.

All in all, havent been brutally flaked out on.

5. Horse Style

Horse Style Silver Belt

I had a friend with psoriasis. So annoying

6. bcordova

bcordova Brown Belt

We did. A bit before my bachelor party, he seemed to have an issue with me for some reason. We hadn't really talked for a bit, we don't live in the same city. I found out through a friend that he thought I was being a horrible friend or something. Not sure how or why. Anyway he started talking to me again and told he couldn't make the party but he would be at the wedding. Even sent a RSVP. Day of he wasn't there. His sister showed up and just kinda said " Something is going on with that guy, he barely talks to us." So yea, haven't talked to him since. Which sucks.

7. homer

homer Orange Belt

My first guess is his gf did not like you so she told him not to show.

Before I married my wife she was mad that the groom that I was a best man to asked that IO shaved my beard off for his wedding. I said no problem, but my gf was mad and told me if I did it she may leave or made some other threat. I siad no problem, called her bluff and shaved my beard. That was the last time she mentioned it and we have been married for about 10 years.

I had a few friends no show to my wedding, I did not think anything of it but my wife reminded me of it the other day. I do not care as I stopped holding grudges many years ago.

8. jmac98

jmac98 * Platinum Member

I don't like it when people flake out for sports after they commit. Many times you're reaching out to someone to spare for your team because you're short and are relying on them to field/ice a minimal required roster. It's frustrating when people back out as it's often last minute and effects not only yourself, but also your team and the other team are there to play.

9. bcordova

bcordova Brown Belt

I had never met the girl he was dating at the time. So that can't be it. The only thing I can think is, I was always kinda the screw up. Basically after highschool he got a good job and was "going places". That lasted until I was about 25-26. I started turning things around. Got into a long term relationship. In the same amount of time that me and my now wife had been dating he had had 2 broken engagements. I kinda felt like he thought I didn't deserve any of the happiness I had because I was suppose to be the screw up.

10. AgentSmecker

AgentSmecker Black Belt

Just a speck of sand in an endless desert of agony
    My old man flaked out on me when I was less than a year old and that was the last I saw of him. That pretty much set the tone for the rest of my life. The only person I can rely on is myself and even that's a stretch.

11. RerouteToRemain

RerouteToRemain Silver Belt

A group of 5 of us we're supposed to go camping/fishing trip. It was supposed to be a 4 day 3 night(could have any point been chaneed to a 3 day 2 night). Anyway my good friend and I went out to the store 2 days before we were supposed to leave and picked up a bunch food and supplies, we told the others that and we're good with it and we got some things they wanted as well. Spent a decent amount of money. Literally the night before we were going leave(at 6am) we both get a call at like 9 something. The other 3 can't go all the sudden and came up with some bs and didn't offer to pays us anything back for all the shit we bought. My buddy and I went anyway and had a good time but I pissed us off pretty well. We stayed friends with the other people but we were still kinda pissed that they flaked like 9 hours before we were supposed to leave.

12. The Mookster

The Mookster Green Belt

Hooked up with a girl i liked in my grad school class on 3 separate occasions while drunk, asked her out formally like a gentleman, she agreed and on the day of decided she didnt want to date somebody in her class. I was pretty angry so i started powerlifting to release my anger, gained 10 lbs of mass, started dating her friend to get back at her, dumped the friend 2 months later and felt bad about it
    Cause she was awesome and didnt deserve to be used

13. KillerElite

KillerElite Carlos Condit knees people in the face

Training Camp coach who was a father figure to me bailed on me because I wasn't making him money.

14. ILLogic

ILLogic Brown Belt

Not the worst for me, but definitely the worst for her. When I first moved to Florida about 18 years ago I met this girl at the mall. We talked, and set up a date. She stood me up. She called me a few weeks later. She apologized, and began to cry. She told me that she went to the club to meet some guy. She woke up the next morning naked in a room with 4 guys. The guy roofied her drink, and shared her with his homies. I told her she should call the cops. She said she was too afraid. Never spoke to her again.

15. homer

homer Orange Belt

I bet she has a something to do with the no-show. He probably bitched to her about you and then she used it to convince him not to go.

16. RerouteToRemain

RerouteToRemain Silver Belt

Yeah lol. Just made sure if we ever did anything again they brought their own shit. My friend and I had a good time anyway so it was whatever.

17. Hearse Lightning

Hearse Lightning Not an Uber

When I was like 12 my mom took me and my 6 year old sister to Mcdonalds. Told us she was dropping us off and would be back in 20 minutes. My mom had a history of being a fuck up so I vividly remember making her promise to come back and not be late. 5 hours later I'm walking my sister through a bad neighbor to look for a pay phone to get somebody to come get us. Luckily I was smart enough not to spend all of that Mcdonalds money.