Worst thing about MMA

The scoring system and point-fighters.

and WMMA

When a fight looks more like a sparring match than an actual fight.

I hate those moments where a fighter is in a dominant position, but doesn't do anything with it, and the fighter being dominated starts pretending to yawn and looks bored, be it up against the fence, or any kind of top control... Absolute crime.

In those situations restarts need to happen more. I can't deal with stagnant fights, they make me wonder why I bother.

I'm a big fan of Yellow Cards like in Pride.

Last edited:
Point fighting.
WMMA.
Everyone looks the same now.
Severely malnourished and grossly underweight fighters.
No soccer kicks
No headbutts
No downward elbows
No knees to the head on the ground
No back of head shots
No spine shots

All these things about MMA suck, and MMA was not made for all these rules, the whole entire point of ultimate fighting was that, Ultimate Fighting. thats how the sport is supposed to be.

Point fighting.
WMMA.
No soccer kicks
No headbutts
No downward elbows
No back of head shots
No spine shots

All these things about MMA suck, and MMA was not made for all these rules, the whole entire point of ultimate fighting was that, Ultimate Fighting. thats how the sport is supposed to be.

I'm not opposed to the "no spine shots" rule... Back injuries don't really go away, and they're easy to cause, but apart from that I'm all in favour.

I'm not opposed to the "no spine shots" rule... Back injuries don't really go away, and they're easy to cause, but apart from that I'm all in favour.
yeah I'm not too bothered about that, we can keep the no spine shots ;) but please allow soccer kicks, it makes it so much more fun to watch.

The worst for me is point fighting, I hate it so much, its ruining UFC. Guys like Sergio Pettis are a disease to the sport, I can't believe it took UFC so long to cut him, every fight was on repeat, it was the same fight over and over on loop, just against a different opponent, you knew it was going to a decision as soon as it was booked lol

yeah I'm not too bothered about that, we can keep the no spine shots ;) but please allow soccer kicks, it makes it so much more fun to watch.

The worst for me is point fighting, I hate it so much, its ruining UFC. Guys like Sergio Pettis are a disease to the sport, I can't believe it took UFC so long to cut him, every fight was on repeat, it was the same fight over and over on loop, just against a different opponent, you knew it was going to a decision as soon as it was booked lol
For me it's the hug spammers like Nik Lentz and Usman... Dudes are literally shrugging at the cameras and apologising during their fights because they know how boring it is to watch a man hold another man in the same position for minutes on end without attempting to attack or hurt him in any way. That's not a fight.

Yellow cards were awesome. Remember that time Rampage got a yellow and went crazy and KTFO the guy seconds later and demanded it be taken away in his post fight interview? We need more of that.

For me it's the hug spammers like Nik Lentz and Usman... Dudes are literally shrugging at the cameras and apologising during their fights because they know how boring it is to watch a man hold another man in the same position for minutes on end without attempting to attack or hurt him in any way. That's not a fight.

Yellow cards were awesome. Remember that time Rampage got a yellow and went crazy and KTFO the guy seconds later and demanded it be taken away in his post fight interview? We need more of that.
Yup totally agree buff, guys like Usman are not easy to watch at all, he has huge problems finishing, even low level prelim guys he couldn't finish them, I don't like the thought of him being champ for long, unless he can change a lot. He is a top class wrestler and very very very physically strong, but his fights also look like they are on loop, once you see one Usman fight you have seen them all

hahaha yeah the yellow card Pride rule was very good and it worked, fighters got nervous about losing money and let go. I feel like UFC don't want to do "ref cams" and "yellow cards" because they feel like its Pride and not unique too UFC. which is stupid way of looking at it.

Point fighters
Fighters fighting not to lose
Fighters always leaving it in the hands of the judges
Fighting too safe and not taking any risks

The stupid, emotional fans falling for every fucking hype trains. These days it's Masvidal, until he gets wrecked. Then it will be someone else
Yes,we shouldn't like anyone. No excitement. EVER.

I hate it when they start hitting each other, just laying into each other like neanderthals

it's not cock fighting

Also hate when they start cock fighting
It might look fun,and sexy but jockeying for cock position is one of the most exhausting aspects of mma.

When a fighter takes a knee to become "downed"

Should result in an immediate cheek busting.

Bring back Pride round formats. I bet the quality of judge's decisions would go up

It’s easily the nerds that watch it. Lol. “I’ve lost all respect for.... for ....”. Shut up, nerd

Point fighting.
WMMA.
No soccer kicks
No headbutts
No downward elbows
No back of head shots
No spine shots

Mostly agreed....spine and back of the head shots though...I am alright with them being banned though. Simply too risky to end up with a life altering injury.

But a grounded opponent is way too sheltered. Allow 12 to 6 elbows, knees to the head, soccer kicks and stomps. Right now a fighter in defensive mode can find 12 ways to stall a fight. Allow these currently illegal strikes and it would be much harder to stall the fight using fucking ground rules

Oh, wmma too. Begone from my UFC please.

Dumbass fans that don't know what they're talking about and clearly only follow mma on instagram.
ex: "Diaz woulda won, the 4th and 5th rounds are always his best!!1! Ur a causal if you disagree!"
*Has only gone 5 rounds twice and lost both*

I'm more annoyed by high fives and hugs during the fight... do that shit after the fight is over.
Personally, I would prefer it if fighters never did it. If you're angry when you start, be angry when it's over.

I hate those moments where a fighter is in a dominant position, but doesn't do anything with it, and the fighter being dominated starts pretending to yawn and looks bored, be it up against the fence, or any kind of top control... Absolute crime.

In those situations restarts need to happen more. I can't deal with stagnant fights, they make me wonder why I bother.

I'm a big fan of Yellow Cards like in Pride.

Yellow cards were given out so much less than people seem to remember. Probably because most people today only pretend to have been watching Pride

Back