Worst TDD ever?

Out of name fighters? It has to be Condit, very good fighter, but that TDD kind of the story of his career.

we all know it's james toney and it's not even close

Royce.

Edit- Damn, I'm wrong. He sits at 66%. Feels like he got taken down a lot, and easily. Albeit sometimes just straight pulling guard.

Nate Diaz pretty bad at 42% and Sarah (Cheesecake) Moras @36% is even worse (still wood).

Daron Cruickshank still fighting outside UFC and hasn't improved his TDD in all those years

Damn that sucks. I liked him. I had a super boring internship at the time that season of Tuf was finishing, so I watched it all on Hulu while on the clock

How can a person not learn, not good, but adequate TDD to at least sprawl and brawl vs other prelim level guys or at least non ufc fighters?

He was clearly a great athlete with that mindset for
Martial arts.

Igor vovchanchyn. They would barely touch his legs and he would fall. Then with clinch takedowns he would get ragdolled all over the place. I think he had something like 50% TDD on ufcstats.com

Igor Vovchanchyn? His takedown defense was decent. I will suggest Maurice Smith & Gilbert Yvel as guys lacking takedown defense.

The answer is John Phillips as one has already stated - he's been taken down 12/13 in six UFC-fights.

Holland and Chimaev had half of those, besides that it hasn't been the strongest opposition either. :confused:

among high level fighters and excluding the early years I'd say it has to be Condit. He was very good from bottom position but it seemed like he was taken down almost every time someone really attempted a takedown.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if Werdum had worse statistical TDD, but he often wanted to be taken down.

Back