Worst stoppage in UFC history?

Seems like almost everybody agrees the stoppage was bullshit. The only question now is if the ref will step in as quickly when Alvey is punishing Weidman.

Alvey isn't going to be ranked tomorrow, and likely won't even be in the UFC come next summer.

Unless he plans on keying Chris's car I don't think he'll be punishing Weidman.

shit my bad, forgot I was posting in a troll thread

Not the worst. Alvey wasn't defending...unless eating punches counts as blocking them with his face...

Not the worst. Alvey wasn't defending...unless eating punches counts as blocking them with his face...

Well Diaz and Ronda have made a career out of it, the difference being that the ref doesn;t jump in for them.

33lzhad.gif

That's got to be in the Top 10 worst stoppages ever.

Fucking fire that ref. Now.

Wasnt the worst but it was a little early. The ref just saved saved Sam from eating more punches and possibly going unconscious.

Refs and judges always fucking up. They need to train these idiots.

Really not a terrible stoppage at all. Sam looked like he was out for a minute when he faceplanted into the canvas. The judge went to step in at that point. Just because he recovered quick doesn't mean its a bad stoppage.

Really not a terrible stoppage at all. Sam looked like he was out for a minute when he faceplanted into the canvas. The judge went to step in at that point. Just because he recovered quick doesn't mean its a bad stoppage.

I would say that if Sam thought it was a bad stoppage than he would know better than you.

Bad but not worst.

Last edited:
The guy was getting lit up then turtled. Meh, looked okay to me.

How has no one mentioned Drew Dober/Leandro Silva?

Stoppages do no get any worse than that.

It was a bad stoppage but lets get real, Sam got saved from taking that smile to the dentist.

99 times out of 100 = yes.

But not giving him that one time is a problem. He was robbed of at least five more seconds to show something.

Danzig vs Wiman takes it for me
.. Yves Lavine is the worst ref out of all of them.

There are literally 20 worse stoppages than this.

Yeah brah, worst evar

Oh good, another"worst ever" thread for every fight that ends with any controversy...

This is MMA nowadays

but there are way more 'overprotective' fight stoppages anyway

Back