Worst standup - Pendred or Shields?

Der Ulrich

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Seriously, who looks the worst in the standup game? I'm giving the edge to Shields for being worst.

That said, I hope Punk smashes Pendred. His fights are as boring as Phil 'Pillow Hands' Davis.

Not saying he's the worst, but I've seen Nurmagomedov in a couple of fights doing something that resembles a cat scratching at a ball of cotton wool.

Shields has the worst stand up in MMA! Pendred would destroy him on the feet. Im Irish and most fighters from here can box, dont know what happened to Pendred but he is one of the worst strikers in the UFC, Shields is on another level though.

Not saying he's the worst, but I've seen Nurmagomedov in a couple of fights doing something that resembles a cat scratching at a ball of cotton wool.

Khabib has godawful striking. But his fanboys will defend it because he lands more strikes than many of his opponents due to them being terrified of his wrestling, he looks like a bear swiping at a river full of salmon.

Khabib has godawful striking. But his fanboys will defend it because he lands more strikes than many of his opponents due to them being terrified of his wrestling, he looks like a bear swiping at a river full of salmon.

gifs or it didnt happen

Yeah, I know technique goes out the window in fights, but fuck me, his is a sight to behold.

Shields has the worst stand up in MMA! Pendred would destroy him on the feet. Im Irish and most fighters from here can box, dont know what happened to Pendred but he is one of the worst strikers in the UFC, Shields is on another level though.

Haha no, Shields would wreck Pendred anywhere the fight goes.

Seriously, who looks the worst in the standup game? I'm giving the edge to Shields for being worst.

That said, I hope Punk smashes Pendred. His fights are as boring as Phil 'Pillow Hands' Davis.

Can we add Ryan Bader in there?

Phil Davis also had really bad standup. You think training with Gus would have improved it just a little bit, but no

had to go watch some fights of theirs trying to make a choice but I am gonna call it a draw they are both terrible.

I seriously don't know... They both look so slow and uncomfortable when striking. I liked Pendred in Cage Warriors somehow better. That's because he could just take people down whenever he wanted to. In the UFC his bad striking has been exposed. His takedowns also don't seem top notch. I don't see him going far.

Phil Davis also had really bad standup. You think training with Gus would have improved it just a little bit, but no

true but better than the the other 2

fighter bashing

not as bad as people make it seem here. Phil has good kicks, he just dosnt commit comfortably with his punches. A bad striker gets exposed by other bad strikers.

and TS Jake shields stand up is above average for top 10-15 fighters.

Jake would light that dude up.. Anywhere the fight took place.. They shouldn't be in the same sentence. Jake's striking looks worse than it is, in all honestly. Plus, he reacts terribly to getting hit, even though he has an amazing chin! I think he is just one of those guys that could never get used to being punched, that's why he is so timid with his striking.

Jake's excuse is he's a wizard on the ground. What's Pendred's excuse?

Back