Worst roommate stories

I had another roommate (also met thru newspaper ad) who who got a big settlement from the Bellagio. He was a maintenance guy on the fountains which involved a lot of scuba diving and it fucked up his equilibrium or something.

Anyway the dude didn't work and he just sat in his room doing hard drugs and drinking all day. He got super paranoid and was all into David Icke the conspiracy theory guy. He had like 4 or 5 locks on his door including a deadbolt he installed.

So anyway he decides he's gonna go to Europe for two weeks. He leaves and almost immediately his alarm starts going off in his room. His door is locked. After a day of waiting for it to shut off another roommate kicked he door down to unplug the fucking thing.

He got back two weeks later and went BALLISTIC. Must have punched 50 holes in the walls punching windows broke a tv. Luckily my name wasn't on the lease. Like 4 of us moved out because of that

Last edited:
In college, I stayed at a place with four other dudes. Five guys in two bedrooms but a big living room. We all had our faults but the one guy...
Left his spitters around
Had two hour phone calls with his girlfriend where they barely talked, just watched TV, and would give messages from call waiting a day or two later
Never cleaned the bathroom on his chore rotation but wore black flip flops in the shower that would stain the tub
Showed up out of the blue during summer session when another roommate was still there taking classes, brought three friends with him to drink all weekend, left the place a mess, and (because he forgot the flip flops) took a shower with the bath mat in the shower.

Yo dawg what is spitters?

My mum took in another lodger. A 19 year old girl. My mum only took her in as her own mum was going to kick her out anyway & it was her mum planning to pay the rent for her.
All she did was smoke weed in her room and steel my and our other lodgers food.
Put four beers in the fridge and one would go missing. Only for her to deny it.
The last straw was her leaving the fron door wide open, which could of resulted in my dog being run over.
Her mum collected her and once she had gone, we found all the missing alcohol cans/bottles in her closet.
Her mum also hadn't been paying the went for weeks and never got paid.
The mum/girl completely cut us off and never replied to my mum again
Was she cute?

I lived in a holdover barracks for lower enlisted soldiers (Below the rank of sargeant.)I stayed there about 3 months when I was in the Army. This place was built in the 50s or 60s, was falling apart and smelled like straight shit.

None of the rooms had any doors and their was only like 4 shitters and 4 shower heads on each floor. The shitters were always bombed out unless you were the first one to use them after our morning cleaning. The shower drains were stopped up with pubes and jizz and the shower walls were turning green and had jizz stains all over them.

When I arrived at this first class shithole there were so many dudes in this holdover status that there 8-10 guys per room with each room only having 4 bunks. So about half of us were sleeping on the dirty ass floor.

Nothing was safe in this shithole as thievery ran rampant and I usually slept with all my valuables on my person. Anytime I left my room I took my all my shit with me. Fights were a daily occurrence and saw no less than 15 people get laid out cold during my stay.

The rooms and hall's were littered with tobacco spitoons, piss bottles, and trash within a few hours after morning cleaning/police call.

I was on the second floor and the room across from mine had about a 1x1 foot hole in the floor. The nasty fucks in that room used to come in late drunk as fuck and piss through the hole in the floor.

I guess the dudes in the room below thought is was a pipe leaking or something because nothing happened for a few days then they figured out what was going on, came upstairs one night and got in a huge brawl with the assholes in that room.

One time during evening formation while we were waiting for the NCOICs to get off their asses and dismiss us for the night these 3 guys got in a fight and beat this dude up. He got mad and said he was going to his car to get his AR15 to kill them and stormed off. Everyone laughed at him but luckily someone was wise enough to call the MPs.

Good thing they did because when they searched his car he had 2 ARs, an AK and like 3000 rounds of ammunition. For you civilians that don't know, all of those items are highly illegal to store in your car on a military installation.

Probably the worst place and worst roommates I've had to deal with. I imagine prisons here in the states are more hygienic than that shit stain.
That sounds awful, sounds like a punishment, why is this legal?

I had another roommate (also met thru newspaper ad) who who got a big settlement from the Bellagio. He was a maintenance guy on the fountains which involved a lot of scuba diving and it fucked up his equilibrium or something.

Anyway the dude didn't work and he just sat in his room doing hard drugs and drinking all day. He got super paranoid and was all into David Icke the conspiracy theory guy. He had like 4 or 5 locks on his door including a deadbolt he installed.

So anyway he decides he's gonna go to Europe for two weeks. He leaves and almost immediately his alarm starts going off in his room. His door is locked. After a day of waiting for it to shut off another roommate kicked he door down to unplug the fucking thing.

He got back two weeks later and went BALLISTIC. Must have punched 50 holes in the walls punching windows broke a tv. Luckily my name wasn't on the lease. Like 4 of us moved out because of that
Did anyone try turning off the power?

Did anyone try turning off the power?
I thought about that myself when I was typing lol. I don't know. It wasn't bothering me because I had the only downstairs bedroom. The guy/guys that kicked in the door had the rooms next to his.

One guy I shared with was a chef and he was the most disgusting piece of shit I have ever met. He would go out drinking after finishing work and smoke some weed when he got home and pass out on the lounge in his work clothes and shoes. Then he would wake up running late for work and just run out the door. At a guess he would shower once a week. He had this nasty greasy hair that looked like he oiled it up but it was basically just grease from his workplace.
I remember having a friend around for a few drinks and there was this disgusting stench in the apartment. We narrowed it down to his stinky shoes. So I put them out on the balcony and the smell actually stained the apartment and balcony. We had separate fridges and he would just help himself to my beers, one morning I woke up and he had just left my fridge door open all night.
I only last about 3 months there as I wanted to smash his face in. He would get drunk and stand next to me critiquing my cooking - "oh you shouldn't put salt on chicken while you are cooking it". I'd just tell him to fuck off. 2 minutes later he'd be back hovering over my shoulder given unwanted advice. Then I'd give the dumbarse a taste of my food and he'd say I was a better cook than he was.

That sounds awful, sounds like a punishment, why is this legal?
This was in 2004-2005. The Iraq war was in full swing and the Army was trying to find as many bodies as they possibly could. They over looked a lot of things in order to get as many recruits as they could. People that normally wouldn't be allowed in were allowed in. People with medical conditions, people that were over weight, people with criminal records that would normally be denied recruitment were sometimes ushered in.

I thought about that myself when I was typing lol. I don't know. It wasn't bothering me because I had the only downstairs bedroom. The guy/guys that kicked in the door had the rooms next to his.

lol yea I would have immediately thought it would just be easier to cut the power.

you're lucky, man. in some really expensive areas, you have to make serious money to not have to have roommates.

Yeah I don't know how you do it. Someone could hand me an extra 4 grand a month, tax free, and I still wouldn't live in the bay area.

If you could have killed the power for a bit, and turned power back, would the clock have been reset? Blinking 12:00 a.m.? I know some alarms have batter back up, but only if power is restored right away.

Dang . . . y'all's stories make me glad to have had limited experiences with room mates and thankful they were decent folks.

Yeah I don't know how you do it. Someone could hand me an extra 4 grand a month, tax free, and I still wouldn't live in the bay area.

to be honest, i'm seriously thinking about leaving the bay area. i just started with a new company, and they have offices throughout the country. having just come back from denver, i'd really love to transfer there at some point. it reminded me a lot of san francisco, without the excessive bums and overcrowding of people.

this area is turning into another manhattan. give this area another twenty years, and it will look just like the nyc metro area, with the bay area become, "the five burroughs".

lol - good shit; that OP is fucking abominable.
In addition to the fucking raid - can't tell if good, or bullshinanginans.

Most recently - well, actually - two years ago, I moved into a house with these cool motherfuckers; college students, a student doctor, and some motherfucker I never saw.

Within six months they had moved on - and were replaced by two army dudes, and a fucking redneck hillbilly, and another dude no one ever saw.

Needless to say, the redneck hillbilly had a fucking red neck hillbilly girlfriend, whom he kept locked in his room the majority of the time, and ferried deep fried food from the kitchen, upstairs to her - constantly.
Obviously she was terribly, TERRIBLY, overweight. I assume he was trying to keep her that way cause - if she ditched his redneck ass, that was gonna be the end of his pussy-getting career for quite some time.

So - I hated them - they hated me.

One of the army dudes, he was only 19 - but pretty sure he was a case of homosexuality waiting to happen - had his gay BFF stay over one night - and they both attempted to forcibly gain entry into my bedroom, a fucking 4 am.
Door was locked.

So I'd had enough.

The dude we never saw moved out so - I decided hit the "self destruct" button on the place, told the landlord I'd advertise the room to save him hassle, and basically found this lunatic street bum junkie with missing teeth, and got him to move in.

Within literally two days - he had smoked the place out.
Marijuana engulfed the air - his junkie friends basically moved in with him, and within one month of his arrival - he had scared the two army assholes and hillbilly off the property - but only after a sufficient amount of grief had been caused for them.

At this stage, I complained to the landlord about him and got him kicked out - so I had the place to myself.

<{MingNope}>

Yo dawg what is spitters?

Emptied bottles or, if you're less concerned regarding spillage (like this dude was,) cups used for collecting tobacco spit until said dip user decides to empty/discard them.

If you could have killed the power for a bit, and turned power back, would the clock have been reset? Blinking 12:00 a.m.? I know some alarms have batter back up, but only if power is restored right away.
Probably. I never remember those battery backups ever working correctly

Back