Worst Rogan bias ever??

I realized I was getting Roganized in round 2 when he was seemingly ignoring any Barao offense. Had to put it on mute. That being said, it was a clear cut victory so the Roganization was irrelevant. When it comes to striking, Rogan seems incapable of focusing on both fighters at the same time. Something I noticed is that he consistently misses dual exchanges. He usually only picks up on one guy landing the blow.

There has been an identical thread after every event of late. Unless each one is worse than the last, people just like to complain.

The main event was nothing compared to Mizugaki/Rivera in terms of Rogan-bias.

"Rivera must be sick or injured or something."

First time I've heard a commentator preemptively make excuses for a fighter.

What was Joe supposed to say about Renan? Barao got his ass kicked the entire fight.

Someone needs to check what the definition of biased means from a dictionary..

Rogan was calling it as it was. Barao got destroyed every round. What else is there to comment on when it's a one sided ass kicking?

I'm normally a defender of Joe Rogan, but his commentary in the main event was the worst I've ever heard. He just let the surprise factor of TJs performance go to his head. He was on his nuts from the beginning. Every time TJ hit Barao he was screaming like what you would expect if he was TJs training partner (or gay lover)!

Hopefully that was just a one time horrible commentary and he'll be back with a more objective commentary in the future.

What did you guys think of his performance?

he couldnt sell it being competitive since barao was just getting embarrassed at all aspects, not much he could say

I'm normally a defender of Joe Rogan, but his commentary in the main event was the worst I've ever heard. He just let the surprise factor of TJs performance go to his head. He was on his nuts from the beginning. Every time TJ hit Barao he was screaming like what you would expect if he was TJs training partner (or gay lover)!

Hopefully that was just a one time horrible commentary and he'll be back with a more objective commentary in the future.

I'm not the biggest Rogan fan or anything but i feel his reactions were the exact same i had. It was a masterful performance and for once he didn't overhype it. I feel Joe Rogan did great on his commentary, it was just a legendary fight and the screaming was more than deserved. I guess you prefer a boring Larry Merchant type of guy.

Oh, shut it.

Rogan does color. He's not suppose to be a robot/neutral. He was commentating on what he saw and was utterly surprised like the rest of us, and then transferred said excitement to all the viewers.

Barao got absolutely mauled

Barao got his ass handed to him for 5 rounds and was even stopped. What do you expect?? If Barao could've kept it competitive I'm sure it would've been different. It wasn't. TJ executed a flawless performance last night. Rogan was just calling it like he saw it. What more do you want?

That's because there was nothing else to comment on but that. Dillashaw straight up beat Barao's ass from beginning to end. Pure domination. If he were being bias about it, he'd be completely ignoring any of Barao's offense/defense, which he wasn't. He was constantly saying how Dillashaw shouldn't lose respect for Barao's striking or how Dillashaw needed to be extremely careful the few times it went to the ground.

I usually agree when someone points out how bias Rogan is, but this definitely wasn't one of those times.

Barao got his ass handed to him for 5 rounds and was even stopped. What do you expect?? If Barao could've kept it competitive I'm sure it would've been different. It wasn't. TJ executed a flawless performance last night. Rogan was just calling it like he saw it. What more do you want?
I know, jeez.

Dillashaw displayed some phenomenal footwork, switched up his angles, came with all sorts of different looks that he was landing with all day, didn't take any significant damage, kept the fight where he needed it to be and made almost no mistakes in five rounds in which he put it on Barao who is a guy everyone regarded as one of the best in the World. Even Joe.

It was exciting, ergo, he was excited. Almost no was even giving TJ a chance and he came out there and ripped that belt right off of Renan.

Every time Barao did something, Rogan made comment of it.

Barao just didn't do much.

This isn't a balanced discussion, you call the fight as it happens.
If Barao is dominated from the opening bell till he is finally beat stopped via strikes to the head while flailing on the mat, well, that's what happened.

What little offense Barao had, and the few submissions he threatened, got their just commentary.

Everyone had it scored as a dominating performance by Dillashaw. He was calling it fairly.

The fight hadn't even started and Rogan was already riding his nu**.

Dillashaw misses a leg kick while Barao clipped him and Rogan says:Another great leg kick lol

He was definitely overly bias, but who cares? Every fan knows Rogan tends to get a bit bias as he gets excited. Speaking of excitement, did you guys notice in the post-fight and even the end of the broadcast, he just had that huge grin on his face? He couldn't stop smiling.

On his off days, Rogan is 100% better than every other color commentary in the business. And last night was NOT an off day. TJ came in as a massive underdog and fought as perfect of a fight as he could possibly hope for.

Back