Worst Robberies of 2012 (Ortiz vs Griffin 3 included)

The word robbery has lost all meaning here on Sherdog it seems.

You know what real robberies are? Fights like Ninja-Rampage, Nam Phan-Garcia, Shogun-Machida, Bisping-Hamill and Sanchez-Kampmann...

The word robbery has lost all its meaning here on Sherdog it seems.

You know what real robberies are? Fights like Ninja-Rampage, Nam Phan-Garcia, Shogun-Machida, Bisping-Hamill and Sanchez-Kampmann...

Bullshit. It could have reasonably gone either way.

That was actually Tom Lawlor. But I agree, it was definitely a bad call. You know it's bad when you get your hand raised and your home crowd still boos.

Whoops, thanks. It was pretty funny too, letting the crowd voice their opinion of how he went out to represent them and failed to do that, even in winning.

Yeah, Frankie vs Benson II in my opinion. Carmont vs Lawlor was pretty brutal too, but I had money on Carmont so the judges' incompetence made me super happy that night haha.

Shields/Akiyama is by far the most clear cut 30-27 decision I've ever seen get called a robbery.

Bullshit. It could have reasonably gone either way.

Yeah it could, if you want to favour the guy who got outlanded 2:1 and had only one clear round, but why would you?

Shogun won that fight, every play-by-pay, Fightmetric, Compustrike, almost all the fighters who have commented on it have him as the winner. Deal with it...

Yeah it could, if you want to favour the guy who got outlanded 2:1 and had only one clear round, but why would you?

Shogun won that fight, every play-by-pay, Fightmetric, Compustrike, almost all the fighters who have commented on it have him as the winner. Deal with it...

Your cheapening the injustice that was Phan-Garcia by comaparing it to Machida-Shogun.

Half the fans think Machida won a close fight.

NO fans think Garcia beat Phan.

Deal with it.

You know it's funny I was at that fight in Vegas and everyone around me was baffled that Forrest beat Tito and we all kinda looked at each other in shock, Then when I got home and started talking to people who watched it on TV everyone thought Forrest indeed did win the fight. It was like the fight live and the fight on TV were different fights.

Now that I think about it, what about the recent Varner vs. Guillard fight? I am a full supporter of Guillard as the fighter, but he got his ass beat all around the cage, and that judge that gave him the 30-27 was high on acid or something. That robbed Varner of a unanimous decision, so now on his record, it doesn't look as dominant.

For your veiwing pleasure: Varner piledrives Guillard
methodgetampsjamie-varner-melvin-guillard-gif_zps31618af3.gif

Your cheapening the injustice that was Phan-Garcia by comaparing it to Machida-Shogun.

Half the fans think Machida won a close fight.

NO fans think Garcia beat Phan.

Deal with it.

They're not equally bad, sure, but they're both robberies. It' not half the fans, it's like 1/3 or sth:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/machida-rua-i-revisited-2258199/

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/three-years-passed-shogun-vs-machida-revisited-2193475/

Considering how Machida is the most popular LHW it makes sense that his fans taint those polls with blatant bias:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/so-whos-your-favourite-lhw-now-2191553/

Bullshit. That fight was razor close, I don't care what online judging systems you can pull out of your ass. A couple of them also though Frankie beat Bendo the first time, which is beyond laughable. They mean nothing, they're just other people's opinions. I saw the fight with my own two eyes and I witnessed a very very close fight skewed by Rogan blowing his load every time Shogun so much as thought about throwing a kick, while keeping completely silent any time Machida landed any offense. The people that whine and cry about how Shogun DESTROYED HIM FOR FIVE FUCKING ROUNDS OMG ROBBERY etc to this day give me a fucking headache because they are so blind and void of all logic and reason.

It was a VERY close fight, and Machida was able to eek out a close decision. Deal with it.

They're not equally bad, sure, but they're both robberies. It' not half the fans, it's like 1/3 or sth:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/machida-rua-i-revisited-2258199/

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/three-years-passed-shogun-vs-machida-revisited-2193475/

Considering how Machida is the most popular LHW it makes sense that his fans taint those polls with blatant bias:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/so-whos-your-favourite-lhw-now-2191553/

So only 66% of fans think Shogun won.

Thats not a robbery.

A robbery is when 99% of fans think Phan won.

Get over yourself and your gay stats.

Machida won two rounds on everyones scorecard.

Garcia was 0 rounds on everyone scorecard.

Funny I have to explain this to a guy that was just preaching about fans not knowing what a robbery is.

Now that I think about it, what about the recent Varner vs. Guillard fight? I am a full supporter of Guillard as the fighter, but he got his ass beat all around the cage, and that judge that gave him the 30-27 was high on acid or something. That robbed Varner of a unanimous decision, so now on his record, it doesn't look as dominant.

For your veiwing pleasure: Varner piledrives Guillard
methodgetampsjamie-varner-melvin-guillard-gif_zps31618af3.gif

Agreed, the judge that scored that fight 30-27 Guillard should have been laughed out of the building immediately. Really makes me wonder who it was that ever green lighted that idiot to be an official judge.

Machida won two rounds on everyones scorecard.

Garcia was 0 rounds on everyone scorecard.

Funny I have to explain this to a guy that was just preaching about fans not knowing what a robbery is.

Yeah, I definitely noticed the irony in him telling people they don't know what robberies are, then listing a bunch of robberies with Machida/Shogun incorrectly thrown in the middle. I smell a delusional fanboy and he stinks.

Bullshit. That fight was razor close, I don't care what online judging systems you can pull out of your ass. A couple of them also though Frankie beat Bendo the first time, which is beyond laughable. They mean nothing, they're just other people's opinions. I saw the fight with my own two eyes and I witnessed a very very close fight skewed by Rogan blowing his load every time Shogun so much as thought about throwing a kick, while keeping completely silent any time Machida landed any offense. The people that whine and cry about how Shogun DESTROYED HIM FOR FIVE ROUNDS etc give me a fucking headache because they are so blind.

It was a VERY close fight, and Machida was able to eek out a close decision. Deal with it.

It wasn't that close at all, Shogun outlanded Machida in every round and 2:1 in total. It isn't just one online judging system, it's all of them as well as the play-by-plays from every major MMA site. Plus a shitload of other fighters who have commented on it. Look, here's a summary:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/all-opinions-stats-shogun-machida-fight-organized-here-pics-links-1072966/

Machida didn't eek out shit. His fans keep repeating that he won the 3 first rounds, yet if you look at them round by round you'll notice that Machida managed to land a total of 7 shots in round 2. How the fuck did he win that round then?

Bullshit. That fight was razor close, I don't care what online judging systems you can pull out of your ass. A couple of them also though Frankie beat Bendo the first time, which is beyond laughable. They mean nothing, they're just other people's opinions. I saw the fight with my own two eyes and I witnessed a very very close fight skewed by Rogan blowing his load every time Shogun so much as thought about throwing a kick, while keeping completely silent any time Machida landed any offense. The people that whine and cry about how Shogun DESTROYED HIM FOR FIVE FUCKING ROUNDS OMG ROBBERY etc to this day give me a fucking headache because they are so blind and void of all logic and reason.

You only don't use the online systems cause they don't fit your narrative.

So only 66% of fans think Shogun won.

Thats not a robbery.

A robbery is when 99% of fans think Phan won.

Get over yourself and your gay stats.

So now it takes a 99% consensus in order for a decision to be considered a robbery? You just pulled that one out of your ass, right?

Agreed, the judge that scored that fight 30-27 Guillard should have been laughed out of the building immediately. Really makes me wonder who it was that ever green lighted that idiot to be an official judge.

If he bothered you that much, why don't you know who it was?

You only don't use the online systems cause they don't fit your narrative.

What? I never use them. I make my own intelligent decisions and don't rely on others to tell me who won a fight like Just a username does.

Machida/Shogun was an extremely close fight that could have reasonably gone either way. It was in no way, shape, or form a robbery.

Back