Worst Robberies of 2012 (Ortiz vs Griffin 3 included)

Holloway/Garcia was much more of a robbery than Tito/Forrest 3

No where because it wasnt a robbery.

Well, Erick Silva thing wasn't technically "robbery" either, but still a mess.

McCall vs Mighty Mouse was some of biggest fuck-ups in 2012 without a doubt.

Tito vs Griffin III a robbery? no.

Sexy vs Shields a robbery? Certainely not. Shields deserved the win, based on the fact that Sexy forgot he was allowed to strike his opponent in between the TDD's

Edgar vs Bendo II a robbery? not a HIGHWAY robbery but yeah, Edgar deserved the win imo, it wasnt a 50/50 toss up. Im a huge Bendo fan, I thought he would punish worse than in the first fight and since I am human, I know Im a bit biased, and still I saw Edgar win.

Fisher vs Stout III : Spencer got robbed, kind of, he dominated the striking, but Stout won based on a few USELESS TD's.

I like how the thread starts out talking about roberries as in fight outcomes, then mid-sentence TS flips the script and tries to make it out about Tito getting robbed for his post-fight interview with Rogen, then ends his thread with talking about what other fights did you think were robberies and mentions Bendo/Edgar 2. THEN, comes back and tries to say he wasn't talking about the outcome of Tito/Forrest as in who won, just the fact Tito was robbed of some sacred interview time that honestly Tito doesn't deserve considering how much credit he gives himself for building the UFC....

I wonder how Bones feels about Forrest ruining people's special nights.

No Forrest very clearly won that fight. Getting a takedown does not win a round. Knocking a fighter down does not win a round. They certainly help but if all you do the rest of the round is plod forward and get hit with tons of shots you don't deserve a decision. Forrest out struck Tito in every round and clearly won 2

Edgar/Benson 2 was a clear robbery imo. Edgar landed more on the feet, dropped Benson, had more takedowns, and attempted more submissions yet somehow lost the fight. That's a robbery

The fact that we even had to sit through that fight to begin with was a robbery. Bendo mopped the floor with him the first time.

Max Holloway v Leonard Garcia. I felt Garcia won the fight

Tom Lawlor vs. Francis Carmont. Yeah, Dana said that none of them won the fight, but Lawlor was in control the whole time, yet Carmont won? Utter bullshit imo.

Also, one that wasn't necessarily a robbery in many people's minds would be Sakara vs. Cote. That fight should have been a DQ, yet it was changed to a loss for god knows what reason.

Last edited:
I never thought that was a robbery, I had Griffin winning.
I thought Bisping/Sonnen was a robbery of not only a fight but a title shot.

These are all close fights guys, I don't see how fights this close can be determined a robbery. A real roberey is Leonard Garcie - Nam Phan 1, etc. where you come out thinking WTF were the judges watching? I can't think of any like that this year off the top of my head though.

Sonnen/Bisping was incredibly close and could have reasonably gone either way. The people moaning as if it was a robbery aren't being entirely fair. I had Sonnen winning but barely, and had Bisping gotten the nod I wouldn't have argued with that either. A close, ambiguous fight that goes to decision is not a robbery. Ditto with Machida/Shogun 1, that fight was extremely close and could have gone either way but people still incorrectly bitch about what a horrible robbery it was. Although Rogan and his painfully biased commentary played a big role in that IMO.

For a true example of robbery watch Sanchez/Kampmann or Phan/Garcia 1. When the fight isn't even close but the wrong guy gets the nod.

I gave Forrest the fight, his behaviour afterwards was pure spaghetti though.

Mizugaki - Cariaso. Shields won, Forrest won. Also, the John Albert - Erik Perez fight was like Sonnen - Filho 1 and Chael didn't dispute much (NO! I said No!); referees have to look out for the fighters and their health. Not much of a robbery if anyone does actually call it that.

Edgar beat Henderson in their 2nd fight

so far Im the only one who mentionned Stout vs Fisher 3 as a bad call

is it because people all forgot about this fight or that Im the ONLY one who thought Spencer won?

Robbie Lawlor vs. Francis Carmont. Yeah, Dana said that none of them won the fight, but Lawlor was in control the whole time, yet Carmont won? Utter bullshit imo.

Also, one that wasn't necessarily a robbery in many people's minds would be Sakara vs. Cote. That fight should have been a DQ, yet it was changed to a loss for god knows what reason.

That was actually Tom Lawlor. But I agree, it was definitely a bad call. You know it's bad when you get your hand raised and your home crowd still boos.

Madadi va Marcello was one of the worst robberies I have seen my entire life.

Someone needs to lose their licence for that injustice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back