Worst Robberies of 2012 (Ortiz vs Griffin 3 included)

I had Forrest winning that fight, and for reference, I had Tito winning the 2006 and 2009 fights.

And fuck the fans who left Forrest for something stupid like that post fight shit. Always a fan of his.

Tito has done worse shit than that. Forrest is just emotional and goofy get over it.

Tito and his wife ruined Mark Coleman's last interview so fuck 'im, he gets no compassion from me, mothafucka!

Only robbery of the year is Hirota vs Healy, a clear-cut robbery.

Robbery gets thrown around way too much around here. Tito vs Forrest was a close fight which could have went either way, same for Condit vs Diaz.

Forrest clearly won that fight, only huge robbery that comes to mind that no one seems to talk about is Chael Sonnen vs Michael Bisping @ UFC on Fox 3.

Edgar should have been given the nod over Benderson in their second fight.

I agree that Coleman needed a retirement "moment" more than Tito. Tito has had a billion UFC "moments" and attention his entire career. Not to mention we are still going to be seeing him on UFC TV and MMA interviews for years to come. We have seen and heard from Tito a lot more than we have from Coleman and Coleman retired 2 and a half years before that.

Though, was UFC 109 really Coleman's stated retirement? I remember him looking for other fights after that and getting cut, which they don't typically do for guys exiting.

I agree with whoever said Hirota/Healy. That was the biggest one on a major show I can remember this year.

This is where it's at. I'm still butthurt as fuck over that shit.

Tito didn't deserve a retirement moment. He did whack shit to other people, it's about time he got his.

Thankyou.

And for all those who forgot, after Forrest beat Tito at 106, Tito was blabbing off a bunch of excuses and people were booing, Forrest actually got on the mic and stood up for him saying something along the lines of "hey it turns out when you train you can get hurt"

Pretty weird list.

Where' McCall vs Johnson 1?

Not a classical "robbery" but some of the dumbest shit in a good while.

Madadi vs Marcello or LeVesseur vs Prater were easily worse than some of those as well.

Good point about McCall vs. mighty mouse. Ian really got screwed not getting another round in that one, he had mm hurt and had a lot of momentum. Who knows, but that admin error might have changed who ended up winning the tournament.

Forrest won that fight imo and most other people's not named Tito FYI. That being said have you ever seen what Tito has done to other fighters post fight?!?

Pretty weird list.

Where' McCall vs Johnson 1?

Not a classical "robbery" but some of the dumbest shit in a good while.

Madadi vs Marcello or LeVesseur vs Prater were easily worse than some of those as well.

Haha, I posted MM/Creepy I in a controversial decisions thread, and someone gave me shit for it.

But yeah, Madadi/Marcello was horrible.

Forrest clearly won that fight, only huge robbery that comes to mind that no one seems to talk about is Chael Sonnen vs Michael Bisping @ UFC on Fox 3.

Hardly. Close fight. Definitely not a robbery.

See, I thought Bisping won that Sonnen fight but I would not call it a robbery either. Just a close fight.

2 that come to mind are the Lombard/Boetsch fight and the Ebersole/Head fight. Seriously not sure how anyone scores either of those fights in favor of who got the W

Robbery = "I greatly disagree with this, I refuse to admit I am wrong and that it was close, and I'm gonna get pissed off about it because my opinions are all FACTS!!!"

All Tito did was drop Forrest at the start of a couple rounds, and he did almost nothing afterwards. It was a close fight, don't get me wrong, but dropping somebody or getting a knockdown isn't enough to win a round in MMA, and it wasn't anywhere close to a robbery. It was another close fight between the two of them that left without a real winner, despite what the decision says. It's like Forrest said, "I feel like we fought to three draws." The fight shouldn't have necessarily been a draw, cuz' I thought Forrest did enough to win, but it left without a real clear winner and it was, spiritually, a draw, as were the first two fights.

Personally after watching it again I thought Tito won the fight but only by the slimmest of margins. Not a robbery by any means. Edgar vs Bendo 2 was a robbery

2 that come to mind are the Lombard/Boetsch fight and the Ebersole/Head fight. Seriously not sure how anyone scores either of those fights in favor of who got the W

You actually thought Ebersole beat Head?

I wasn't aware that missing fifteen takedowns won fights.

its amazing how people are so stupid and cant differ a close fight from a robbery

I don't remember Tito vs. Forrest III that well, but Shields easily won the Akiyama fight. And yeah, Lawler-Carmont should definitely be on that list.

Back