Worst robberies in UFC (and MMA) history? And how bad were UFC FN 59 decisions?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Fighter123, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Fighter123

Fighter123 Brown Belt

There were at least two contoversial decisions (robberies?) from UFC Fight Night 59:

1) Cathal Pendred defeated Sean Spencer by unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)

2) Donald Cerrone defeated Benson Henderson via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

So, do you think either -- or both -- of these fights were robberies? And, if so, how would they compare to previous robberies?

And what fights would you consider the worst robberies in the history of the UFC (and MMA)?

Your thoughts?

2. Pacemaker Joe

Pacemaker Joe Silver Belt

[​IMG]

Neither of last night's were even close to as bad.

3. DezWalker

DezWalker MMA Stats geek

I had Pendred winning so can't call that a robbery. Rewatch the fight without commentary and then tell me if it was a robbery.

I had Hendo in the Cerrone fight but all 3 rounds were close, especially the third. I could've seen any score there and can't call that a robbery either.

Sanchez-Pearson springs to mind as a robbery. I had money on Diego so I was thrilled but that one was ridiculous.

4. Charlestonboy

Charlestonboy Blue Belt

Both were bad calls. Any educated, unbiased MMA fan knows who won them.

5. reigning terroe

reigning terroe Superintendent Skinner

Don't think Cerrone and Henderson was a robbery. There have been a lot of controversial decisions where it could go either way. Jones vs. Gus, Penn vs Frankie 1, Frankie vs Henderson 2, Henderson vs. Melendez, Henderson vs. Thomson, Shogun vs. Machida, Machida vs. Davis. Hendricks vs GSP and Hendricks vs. Lawler. Only have been a few robberies. Judging a fight is a matter of opinion. Sure you have certain guidelines to judge on but how you interupt those guidelines is another story. It'd be interesting to see how we judge close fights if we sat where the judges sit. Maybe it's a change. Also you don't hear the bias of Rogan and people you watch the fights with

6. BornPure87

BornPure87 Purple Belt

The first post is legendary: "I had Pendred winning.."

[​IMG]

Both were robberies. Worst: Machida vs Shogun I.

7. Kertol

Kertol Brown Belt

Cerrone va Henderson was an extremely close fight. It could have gone either way.

8. Tamriel Terror

Tamriel Terror Silver Belt

diego has some of the absolute worst, also i believe beebe vs easton was bad.

I thought benson won, but cerrone was more aggressive, landed a few takedowns and landed what i guess the judges saw as more damaging/powerful strikes. I didn't catch the dolphin savior fight.

9. Lissove

Lissove Guest

Cerrone seemed to make damage, be the aggressor, get takedowns, and was a fan favorite, while on the other hand Bendo seemed to just do pity pats on Cerrone's stomach and legs. Wasn't all that controversial to me.

Spencer fight was a disgusting clear robbery. I thought he took all three rounds, but the decision just dumbfounded me. Same with Tibau, should've been 30-27 unanimously in his favor, not a split decision. The judges were really lavish for the hometown potatoes.

10. Kertol

Kertol Brown Belt

Machida vs Shogun 1 was also a very close fight, people shouldn't let their biased views get in the way.

11. cyrusthevyrus

cyrusthevyrus Yellow Card Yellow Card

Benson won the fight...however he lost in the past more title fights...Frankie was robbed

12. KR811**

KR811** Blue Belt

It's Boston being Boston.

Pendred is a blatant ethnic biased decision to appease massholes.
    Cerrone wasn't too bad but I think the Cowboy hype train got him the nod.

13. BuckyBarberFanClub

BuckyBarberFanClub Steel Belt

Henderson v Cerrone, could have been 29-28 either way, the idea that any educated fan knows who won that fight is ludicrous. Any educated fan knows that it was close as hell depending on what the judges were looking for.

Cathals fight I had him losing 29-28 (and that was with blinkers on being overly generous for one round it was more likely 30-27), i need to rewatch it and there may be an argument for a 28-29 reverse, but theres no way he won that 30-27 from what i saw first time round.

over the last couple of years Hendricks v GSP still stands out for me as the worst, not just because of the decision but because of what was on the line. The Pendred decision really has little to no impact on anything, I dont even think the Cowboy decision has much impact on what is next for the two fighters. Hendricks GSP had a title on the line.

14. Raul24

Raul24 Brown Belt

bendo-cowboy is not considerated one of the worst robberies?

15. SanJose90

SanJose90 Brown Belt

In b4 Diaz 1,2,5

16. Handawg

Handawg Brown Belt

Watched it without commentary, twice, still a robbery. And I may actually give Pendred the 3rd.

17. ravifreitas

ravifreitas Black Belt

Cerrone/Bendo was just a close fight. I had it a draw.
    Pendred's win was a robbery.

18. Kühle Hand Luke

Kühle Hand Luke Mr. Cool Hand Luke Ice

Pendred lost the first round, won the 2nd round convincingly, and stole the third with his leg kicks and his take down.

Spencer did absolutely NOTHING after he landed three haymakers and an illegal knee in the first round.

It was no robbery, though 30/27 is a ludicrous score. 29/28 to Pendred.

19. theycallitMurda

theycallitMurda Black Belt

Shogun/Machida, Bisping/Hamill and Fukuda/Ring were the worse robberies I've ever seen since watching this sport.

But the two decisions last night, I agree were robberies.

20. HHJ

HHJ Fedor Supremacist

bendo cerrone was close fight,i thought it was going to bendo but those were competitive rounds,certainly not the worst decision.

the judges were fucking blind during garcia/jung 1