Worst ref in mma history

Should one of his corner jumped the fence to stop the fight?

• Total voters
I love the guy, but Herb Dean lol
Or Mario Yamasaki

I was speaking of this one, but was alerted about Kim Couture as well. Both pretty shitty.

Yeah that was pretty bad. If I recall correctly the Couture one was even worse though

The guy getting choked used ninja focus to slow his heart rate down early stoppage

curran2.gif

Vitor-ko-Hess.gif

Alex_White___vs.___Roy_Babcock_medium.gif

VF7LN4I.gif

AC91B338-6DB1-4B64-857C-9B0547FA439A.gif

The exact opposite of what you asked for but imo mark Goddard is the best referee in the ufc, you’re welcome I guess :’)

Ref clearly had it out for the guy getting choked.

Fucking moron could of cost that man his life, should be sack immediately

Sounded like a nascar race with demons. Maybe worst audio ever.

That said if a guy is being choked out ..... goes limp an it's not called it's got to be a crime pun is able by prison to referee

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...choked-unconscious-90-seconds-saw-death-close

MMAFighting said:
Barbosa went for a standing choke in the third and final round and locked an anaconda choke as soon as they hit the ground. Twenty seconds later, Barbosa claims he told referee Emerson Pereira Saez that Costa was out. The referee stood next to the athletes for 90 seconds without checking if Costa was still in the fight.

“I saw in the video that I went out and my eyes were open,” Costa said. “You might think I’m awake, but I was already out. I moved a couple of times, but I was having seizures. My corner and his corner yelled that I was out, but the referee said he would only stop the fight if I was out. And I was! Every referee touches the fighter to see if they are out, but he never touched me. My opponent stopped the fight. Otherwise, I would be dead.”

“He was in the anaconda choke, and I didn’t notice he was having a seizure,” Saez said. “He had his eyes open and didn’t present any symptom of loss of conscience. I thought he was trying to escape. He was calm, breathing, and I didn’t notice his leg shaking. His arm, the one that wasn’t trapped in the choke, was pushing his opponent’s belly the entire time. There were four people in a corner a meter away from me, and no one noticed it, or they would have yelled. No one noticed anything, and me neither.

Sickening to watch. How do people like this get jobs officiating? Any untrained person with half a brain could see he was out. The fighter should have released the hold too to show he was out.

Last edited:
The ref is definitely to blame, but at some point the fighter holding the choke also has a responsibility...smh..

So much worse from the other angle where you can see the referee texting with his left hand...

Back