Worst possible outcome of DC/Jones?

kingskot

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What do you think is the worst possible outcome of tonight's fight? For me, it's a controversial decision. I'm pulling for Jones to win, but I'd rather see him lose decisively than win a controversial decision followed up by the inevitable immediate rematch. Second place for me is probably a loss due to a catastrophic injury, ala Silva/Weidman II. I don't want to see either guy get injured, but on the other hand at least there'd be a clear winner.

People seem to feel really strongly about this one. Do you want to see your guy win no matter what, or is it more important to you to see a decisive winner?

Cormier takes Jones down in the 1st and gets cut by an elbow.

Jones TKO R1

Sherdog will explode.

Any type of judging/reffing error like a bad decision or an early stoppage or something would be the worst imo.

Anything that isn't a clean, decisive win for either guy but especially a NC or DQ.

DC fights emotionally.
Gets caught like Shogun did vs GSP.
Jones KO rd 1.

Worst possible outcome would be Jones winning imo

DC fights emotionally.
Gets caught like Shogun did vs GSP.
Jones KO rd 1.

Wat8.jpg

Some kind of poorly called early stoppage in the first round would be awful.

dc wins a razor thin decision then announces he needs surgeory for the next year.

I think anything other than a Jones sub will be bad. If DC wins, it's going to be an instant rematch. If Jones wins a close decision ala Gus, it'll be an instant rematch. If Jones gets DQ'd for eyepokes, it'll be an instant rematch. If there's an injury, it'll be an instant rematch.

I think Jones choking out DC is the only thing that won't be called a "fluke" or warrant an instant rematch. So everything but that will be the worst possible outcome.

He's definitely going to throw eye pokes this fight even if it's just a couple fakes to make people angry.

Probably not the worst possible but Sherdog will go nuts if DC dominates for 4 rounds and then Jones pokes DC's eye and the ref doesn't see it and then Jones pounces like Faber on Rivera for the finish.

I'm pulling for Jones to win, but I'd rather see him lose decisively than win a controversial decision followed up by the inevitable immediate rematch.

If Jones wins in any way shape or form, there will be no rematch. Hell, if it's a draw he'll release a statement in a few weeks about how he really won and it's his career and he doesn't have to fight challengers if he doesn't want to.

Back