Worst possible matchup for Conor at LW?

Nate. Nobody else has the mental strength to fight Conor smartly.

"Nate" & "fighting smartly" in the same sentence:

ya51dl.jpg

Khabib. He can wrestlefuck Conor into oblivion. Of course Conor can knock him out just like he'd most likely knock out any other striker at LW. Nate and Ferg are also dangerous matchups for him given their chin and ground game.

Khabib.. As much as one can point to the "quality of opponent" on his record, but with his known skill set and strength, I just do not see Conor beating him. He beats Conor TKO by Ground and Pound in the 1st or 4th or Submission via Rear Naked Choke in the 3rd.

Ferguson.. As much as I would like to think Tony can beat Conor, I think Tony keeps that chin poked out a little too much, and gets caught too much in the stand up imo to finish Conor or last 5 rounds. Maybe in a 3 round fight Tony could win by a split dec or body kick if he can push the pace for three rounds and utilize that unorthodox style. Conor beats Tony TKO in the 4th or by Split Decision.

Barboza.. I actually think Barboza beats Conor in every aspect, plus is much more athletic and faster. BUT.. Barboza can get caught with the left and although he has a decent chin, I think a clean left from Conor would end that fight. Barboza beats Conor KO by Head Kick in the 2nd or Body Kick in the 4th.

Lando.. As crazy as it may sound to some, I think Lando right now, could beat Conor and take the left if he got caught with it. Plus his I think his MMA skill set and heart are deeper then Conor's. Lando beats Conor TKO by Punches in the 4th.

Nate.. IF Nate can channel the early days of training at Fairtex SF and actually check kicks like he knows how to, plus use is Judo skill set more when in the clinch or against the fence, he beats Conor in the third fight in a dominant fashion. Nate beats Conor by TKO by Punches in the 3rd or Submission via Triangle or Guillotine in the 4th.

RDA, Melendez, Duffy and Gall I think have a chance at beating Conor via Split Dec or Submission in the 5th. Everybody in the top 15 at 155 in the UFC (Bellator Chandler/Thompson beat Conor, WSOF Justin has a chance) has a chance at beating Conor in some way shape or form, but I don't think would "perform" currently against him if the chance came right now. If Aldo came up to 155, I think he has a better chance then at 145 and can win TKO via Body Kick and Punches or Submission. Cruz has said he wants to fight Conor at 155, so if Cruz can actually KO Cody, not TKO, but KO Cody and take a big shot from Cody, I think Cruz beats Conor by UD or Submission. Swanson says he wants to come up to 155, but think he gets TKO'd by Conor. I think Pettis loses a UD to Conor. If Holloway comes up to 155, he TKO's or Submits Conor in a rematch.
{<jordan}

Lando...

Gall...

Top 15...

<{MingNope}>

Ferguson. Ferguson is a far more dynamic fighter than Khabib and I think he his reach could pose a problem to McGregor. Khabib may very well land takedowns at will and submit/TKO McGregor but that's his only way to win the fight. Ferguson could win the fight standing or on the ground.

Lmao really? Dude hardy claim to fame is lasting 25 minutes with gsp and getting ktfo by condit.

His stand up was nothing special he was just given gifted match ups like Conor because of his nationality.

I did say it came out of nowhere and I had no idea why I wanted to see it. No need to be such a cock about it.

Khabib.. As much as one can point to the "quality of opponent" on his record, but with his known skill set and strength, I just do not see Conor beating him. He beats Conor TKO by Ground and Pound in the 1st or 4th or Submission via Rear Naked Choke in the 3rd.

Ferguson.. As much as I would like to think Tony can beat Conor, I think Tony keeps that chin poked out a little too much, and gets caught too much in the stand up imo to finish Conor or last 5 rounds. Maybe in a 3 round fight Tony could win by a split dec or body kick if he can push the pace for three rounds and utilize that unorthodox style. Conor beats Tony TKO in the 4th or by Split Decision.

Barboza.. I actually think Barboza beats Conor in every aspect, plus is much more athletic and faster. BUT.. Barboza can get caught with the left and although he has a decent chin, I think a clean left from Conor would end that fight. Barboza beats Conor KO by Head Kick in the 2nd or Body Kick in the 4th.

Lando.. As crazy as it may sound to some, I think Lando right now, could beat Conor and take the left if he got caught with it. Plus his I think his MMA skill set and heart are deeper then Conor's. Lando beats Conor TKO by Punches in the 4th.

Nate.. IF Nate can channel the early days of training at Fairtex SF and actually check kicks like he knows how to, plus use is Judo skill set more when in the clinch or against the fence, he beats Conor in the third fight in a dominant fashion. Nate beats Conor by TKO by Punches in the 3rd or Submission via Triangle or Guillotine in the 4th.

RDA, Melendez, Duffy and Gall I think have a chance at beating Conor via Split Dec or Submission in the 5th. Everybody in the top 15 at 155 in the UFC (Bellator Chandler/Thompson beat Conor, WSOF Justin has a chance) has a chance at beating Conor in some way shape or form, but I don't think would "perform" currently against him if the chance came right now. If Aldo came up to 155, I think he has a better chance then at 145 and can win TKO via Body Kick and Punches or Submission. Cruz has said he wants to fight Conor at 155, so if Cruz can actually KO Cody, not TKO, but KO Cody and take a big shot from Cody, I think Cruz beats Conor by UD or Submission. Swanson says he wants to come up to 155, but think he gets TKO'd by Conor. I think Pettis loses a UD to Conor. If Holloway comes up to 155, he TKO's or Submits Conor in a rematch.

Be honest, how much money have you lost picking against Conor over the years?

I have no idea what sparked it in this thread, but I really want to see Conor/Hardy. Not saying it's at all Conor's toughest fight, I just suddenly thought it would be interesting.

Hardy fan looking to see him shoot a double and not get instantly tapped out a-la Lytle?

Barboza? lol

As soon as Conor touched him he'd disintegrate.

Barboza will make Conor pay for his super wide stance by round two Conor will have the stance of a Penguin and a inner/outer thigh that looks raw ham.

Barboza will make Conor pay for his super wide stance by round two Conor will have the stance of a Penguin and a inner/outer thigh that looks raw ham.

McGregor would go in well aware of the leg kicks.

The would be no round 2 because Barboza would hit the floor and not recover as soon as McGregor touched his chin.

McGregor would go in well aware of the leg kicks.

The would be no round 2 because Barboza would hit the floor and not recover as soon as McGregor touched his chin.

Advantage Barboza they start standing and Conor is already in his wide stance, if he's conscience of Edson's kicks his stance becomes closer then he's not usual Conor. Easier to reach a person with kicks to find range than to find it with hands, advantage Barboza. Conor is horrible at checking kicks Alvarez tripped up Conor with one good kick then decided he wanted to box with him?

I did say it came out of nowhere and I had no idea why I wanted to see it. No need to be such a cock about it.
How the hell is what I said even remotely being a dick.. this is sherdog, I tried to put it as nicely as possible....

Wouldn't you rather barbosa/Conor?

Advantage Barboza they start standing and Conor is already in his wide stance, if he's conscience of Edson's kicks his stance becomes closer then he's not usual Conor. Easier to reach a person with kicks to find range than to find it with hands, advantage Barboza. Conor is horrible at checking kicks Alvarez tripped up Conor with one good kick then decided he wanted to box with him?

Barboza was getting outboxed by a Gilbert Melendez who could barely walk.

Currently, no LW or someone around his size can beat him. That said Khabib would cause the most problem because of his strength, size and wrestling. Still it wouldn't be enough to beat him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back