Worst possible matchup for Conor at LW?

Well overall yeah. Ts said at LW though :p
I just assume GSP is coming back and at LW.

I look at the entire roster and only 1 current fighter from 145 to 170 gives me the eeby jeebies - Damian Maia.

The rest - eh.

I just assume GSP is coming back and at LW.

I look at the entire roster and only 1 current fighter from 145 to 170 gives me the eeby jeebies - Damian Maia.

The rest - eh.
I know Georges says he can make LW but I still just can't see.

Especially when he talks about fighting Bisking...

Only Colin nuthuggers thought he won that fight
And the judges, and a huge proportion of MMA fans.

Only Colon haters and Scrap Pack members think he lost that fight.

I know Georges says he can make LW but I still just can't see.

Especially when he talks about fighting Bisking...
It would be very interesting. He said the most he even ballooned out to was 196 against Big Rig.

Fergie said he got out to 200 in preparation for Khabib and Tibau said he'd start his cut from 200.

I assume because of all the gymnastics and body weight training he would have slimmed down over time + I'm sure he got told to in hope of decreasing his chances of injuring his knee again. I'm on GOAT watch daily and I feel in today's environment GSP is a LW.

Bisping matchup is interesting. I feel that's just GSP's chance to capture gold while he can. The other 185ers would dwarf him.

GSP at light weight will look too Skeletor-ish. I say no.

sage said hes going back to lw, so conors days are pretty much numbered

Him having a weak chin is kind of a myth. He's survived some big shots since Varner/Cerrone.

Not saying Conor couldn't KO him.

Gets hit easy and doesn't react well.

As much as he was dominating Gilbert with the kicks, every time they exchanged hands he looked in trouble.

I still say Nate based on his ridiculous chin and cardio. Conor could crack him 10 times and he'd still be in the fight.

I think Conor could get both Khabib and Tony out of there inside 2.

El Cucuy or The Eagle, but if I had to pick just one I would go with El Cucuy. He's got the reach advantage, is stronger, and has very slick chokes. He's a nightmare match up for Conor.

I have no idea what sparked it in this thread, but I really want to see Conor/Hardy. Not saying it's at all Conor's toughest fight, I just suddenly thought it would be interesting.

Khabib, Khabilov, Nate
Maybe Ferguson, Melendez

Nate and Khabib but more so than them.... wait for it.... I can see Michael Johnson giving Conor more trouble than anyone else.

I think MJ beats Conor at his own game. They'd keep it standing and exchange. As hard as Mcgreggor's left is.... MJ's speed, angles, durability, cardio, ability to eat big shots, absorb/avoid leg kicks...he's tailor made to beat Conor.

I'm a firm believer that styles make fights and MMA math is mostly bs. MJ has the perfect skill set and style.

Laugh if you want but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Back