Worst personal trainer I have ever seen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

flizbap

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Sorry if this doesn't belong here, but the "idiot in the gym" thread no longer exists.

Some new kid at my gym, I've talked to him once or twice and I know his goal is to "get big and strong" told him to Google Rippetoe and hoped for the best. However I am a short, bald, hairy guy.

A couple of weeks later I see him with on of the gym's personal trainers (who obviously knows more than me because he is tall and athletic) he leads him through this routine:

-One legged box squats while flailing ten pound weights at his side. (about 3*10)

-Smith machine squats with his feet almost three feet in front of him, pretty much a wall sit with 90 lbs on the bar WHILE the personal trainer stood behind him and curled up the weight. (Yelling "Good job!" the whole time) (1 set of 10)

-Seated leg curl machine with 10 lbs (to failure)

At that point I left but I have never wanted to slap someone more in my entire life.

Sorry if this doesn't belong here, but the "idiot in the gym" thread no longer exists.

Some new kid at my gym, I've talked to him once or twice and I know his goal is to "get big and strong" told him to Google Rippetoe and hoped for the best. However I am a short, bald, hairy guy.

A couple of weeks later I see him with on of the gym's personal trainers (who obviously knows more than me because he is tall and athletic) he leads him through this routine:

-One legged box squats while flailing ten pound weights at his side. (about 3*10)

-Smith machine squats with his feet almost three feet in front of him, pretty much a wall sit with 90 lbs on the bar WHILE the personal trainer stood behind him and curled up the weight. (Yelling "Good job!" the whole time) (1 set of 10)

-Seated leg curl machine with 10 lbs (to failure)

At that point I left but I have never wanted to slap someone more in my entire life.

Did the PT have a shirt on emblazoned with 'Personal Trainer' on it?

During the squat sets, you should have walked over and nonchalantly asked how is his knee injury coming along and let it unfold from there.

I don't get why people think smith machines are good for anything. I only use it to do fatman pullups. As it's easier to adjust the height of the bar.

It also seems as though 90% or so of people have no clue in how to squat.

Who cares? You tried to help the kid, he didn't listen and now he's being sucked into the ***gotry of the commercial fitness industry. Too bad for him.

Lol at them and forget about it.

I used to let this type of shit bother me, but now I figure one more guy doing leg curls and smith machine squats is one less person occupying the squat rack when I need it. Conversely one more person in the squat rack is one more person I feel comfortable talking to about training. I win either way, best just to mind your own fucking business and train hard without worrying about what other people are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back