Worst line UFC/Dana used to cut a fighter?

99Silva

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For me it was he's a gatekeeper we want real contenders who could challenge for the belt..

His reason for cutting Okami was disgraceful. He said something like "Okami got his shot already, he's never getting over that hump." Ok Dana, I guess you better cut Bisping then

His reason for cutting Okami was disgraceful. He said something like "Okami got his shot already, he's never getting over that hump." Ok Dana, I guess you better cut Bisping then

That sucks!! Okami is more exciting than half of the fighters in the MW division. Btw there is now a new MW champ so...who knows what could happen. I think they should have kept him whether they thought he was a gatekeeper or not. The fight against Tim Boestch was absolutely amazing!

All the lines that the UFC/Dana used to cut top fighters have been BS.

The only good fighter I agree with him being cut was Palhares. The Okami, Fitch, and Shields cuts were BS.

That sucks!! Okami is more exciting than half of the fighters in the MW division. Btw there is now a new MW champ so...who knows what could happen. I think they should have kept him whether they thought he was a gatekeeper or not. The fight against Tim Boestch was absolutely amazing!
Exactly. Styles make fights. I would love to see Okami against some of these MWs now like Weidman, Rockhold and Gegard.

All the lines that the UFC/Dana used to cut top fighters have been BS.

The only good fighter I agree with him being cut was Palhares. The Okami, Fitch, and Shields cuts were BS.

He could have at least just came out and said that he cut them because he thought they were boring. We all know that that's why they were cut. Instead we got ridiculous excuses. I guess that's better in a way though, because it's always great fun to witness Dana make a complete ass out of himself :icon_lol:

the okami cut still pisses me off to this day. Made zero sense.

Errr. Bisping never got his title shot. Did he? Also, Bisping may very well be released in the near future based on his recent fights.

Okami was arguably a top 5 Middleweight all-time. Only fighters who were former champions were ahead of him; Silva, Franklin, and Henderson.

Errr. Bisping never got his title shot. Did he? Also, Bisping may very well be released in the near future based on his recent fights.

Even more of a reason to cut Bisping using Dana's logic then. Bisping's never even managed to win a contender fight

Okami was arguably a top 5 Middleweight all-time. Only fighters who were former champions were ahead of him; Silva, Franklin, and Henderson.

He beat Chael the man who gets a title shot every time he opens his mouth. Chael is cool though but that's the truth. No other fighter would Dana give title shots to if they say hey I want that fight. None!

He beat Chael the man who gets a title shot every time he opens his mouth. Chael is cool though but that's the truth. No other fighter would Dana give title shots to if they say hey I want that fight. None!

Chael Sonnen vs Jon Jones may have been the most bullshit title fight in UFC history.

Chael Sonnen vs Jon Jones may have been the most bullshit title fight in UFC history.

Perhaps so but what about the second Silva fight? He didn't do so well against Bisping many people thought Bisping won. So going into the fight more and more people had less hope in Chael seeing how his cardio was after the 1 year long suspension.

I agree with the shields cut, avoiding a fight isnt fighting.

He didn't beat Chael..

I have to say, of all the cuts I have to agree that Okami made me the angriest.

- Almost no one liked wathcing, or even liked Fitch. He was not fun to watch and did not finish ever.
- Shields was much the same, people would complain about him being on cards but once he was cut it was an excuse to hate on Dana and the UFC.
- Paul Harris deserved to be cut for his statements after hurting opponents, I don't agree he held too long in the last fight he had in the UFC

BUT OKAMI!! He was not on a Fitch/Shields level and had always been a good company man as well. Not on a Franklin or Sonnen level but far better than Fitch who had pissed off the brass and been boring as all hell

Okami didn't beat Chael.

People are going to start thinking we're the same poster.

Back