Worst Injury you've had (Fighting or not)

In high school, I had my career ended in one play. We were running a sweep and my job was to pull and block the safety. Easy right? Well, the guy dove at me head first with his helmet and speared me in the shin. I dont know who's seen the movie the Program, but my leg did the same thing. I was running top speed so as this tithead hit me, my body kept going forward but my leg stayed stationary. To make a long story short, my bone was shattered to the point that it protruded through the skin. I lost my scholarship to Baylor University, even though they were still nice enough to let me come there and all I would have to do is pay for it. (thank you very fucking much, assholes) I spent my last year of high school with my leg wrapped from the ankle to the top of my thigh. Spring Break in Daytona was a fun time, you know watching all my buddies at the clubs dry humping hot chicks on the dance floor while im trying to scratch my leg with a pool cue. Im not bitter though. :)
Here's another good thing that didnt happen to me but I saw. When I was in grade school, we went swimming in a pond. We were jumping out of a tree into the water. Well, my friend jumps in and fails to see the tree stump that is growing in the water. We've all seen this in lakes where there is a tree growing in the water. The branch stuck into his leg at the bottom and went up to his hip. I have never anyone in so much pain. We had to run home and tell his mom. He was fine the last time I saw him, but man a few inches over and he would've had one hell of a ball piercing.

Where you playing on grass or astroturf box?

Box, that fucken sucks mate. Keep the rage inside, be bitter, you fucken should be

Dis-located ankle. The bottom of my foot was facing the sky.

Fucken ouch! Nice imagery I just got there!

bruised my elbow when i fell off my bicycle 10 years ago in the rain.. ouch.. :p

Originally posted by The Beast
Last April I was playing beer league baseball and was rounding 3rd and got tripped and fell and tore my rotator cuff. I guess it hadn't healed properly because in March of this year I was sleeping and rolled over and my shoulder dislocated and it retore mt rotator cuff and fucked up all the cartilige and tendons in my left shoulder. I have to go have surgery and my doc says that my arm probably won't be able to withstand the riggers of MMA training because I will only get probably 80% movement back. Hopefully he's wrong:) .

Depending upon the extent of the damage surgery can correct it. Careful rehab will solve most problems. The shoulder ligament I tore is fine now more or less and the only problems I have are at the extreme ranges of movement which, as your physio will tell you, is where you do the damage anyway (ie. your arm isn't meant to bend that way).

But yeah, MMA does pose certain risks. Make sure you speak to a qualified sports physician if you can.

- The Jake

Shattered my ankle after going up for a rebound and landing on the side of my foot while playing basketball...

Hound, I was playing on the grass. The shitty part was our team made it to the Silverdome(home of the lions where the michigan state championships are played) and I had to watch from the sidelines.
Seldom, thanks for the encouraging words but things turned out ok. I went to college, have 2 degrees now. of course i owe bank one about $75000. I have beautiful wife so i really have nothing to be bitter about, but damn, I wouldve liked to see what i couldve have done if i had the chance to keep playing. oh well, ill wait til i have boys and live through them.

I was slapboxing with a friend outside of work and got my knee caught in loose carpeting in the hall. I tore my patella tendon, acl, mcl and dislocated my kneecap. How much fun can you have in a non contact sport.

Gout in the big toe is painful.

Originally posted by box_banger
[ I have beautiful wife so i really have nothing to be bitter about, but damn, I wouldve liked to see what i couldve have done if i had the chance to keep playing. oh well, ill wait til i have boys and live through them. [/B]

HAHA who do you think you're fooling BITTER OLD MAN! ;)

Having coached Peewee football I've come across a lot of dads living through their kids. Support your boys but please don't become a walking stereotype...

AND DON'T LET EM PLAY SOCCER! KEEP AMERICA HETERO!

A week before a big wrestling tournament in high school at practice i was going for a hip toss on my friend josh. he locked up on my leg and all of my 240 pounds went left and my leg stayed firmly planted on the ground. my ankle will never heal fully because of past injuries. if i don't have tape, brace and high top shoes i can't do any hard physical activity without rolling it severely. fortunately i have flexible joints and only badly stretched my mcl but i missed the tournament which i could have won. I was PISSED.:mad:

i no longer have a front tooth because of rugby

I had the classic rotator cuff, shoulder injury from backyard wrestling.

I put 2 hoes in my spine training for a tournament. COuldnt walk for 3 to 4 months it took like 1 1/2years to heal!

i broke my finger once when punching my brother on his hip, didnt see a doctor for three weeks and now my finger is still bent and i only have 3 knuckles on my right hand.

didnt really hurt, its just asthetic

Back