Worst fighter to ever enter the UFC cage?

James Toney.

At least CM Punk has thrown a punch, made it to an end of the round, and fought to a decision.
Yeah right. J Toney was way more of a threat than CM could ever wish for. Randy did the most desperate take down attempt to avoid having to stand and get KO'd stiff by J Toney. There was only 1 way for Randy to win that fight and he did it but Toney is a million times better than CM. If those two fought 100 times, CM would lose every one by KO/TKO.

worst EVER?!? let's start with the one armed boxing guy in ufc 1. I'm sure there's a buttload of dorks from the first 5-10 ufc's that cm punk could actually beat. but if we're defining this question with the modern era (or after Zuffa bought the company) then cm punk probably wins.
I have never gambled in my life, but I would take that bet. I don't think CM Punk could beat a single man who has ever stepped foot in the cage on a UFC card. Not one. 3 years of million dollar gold standard MMA training and he couldn't beat a journalist who trains part time at the local YMCA. Imagine what any of the crazy bastards from the first 5-10 ufc's could do to him if they had any sort of proper MMA training.

Who was that guy that ran, Kaleb Starks, was that him?

Starnes..
I'm not going to defend that fight, but Starnes doesn't even make the top ten.

Punk, or if we're not counting him and other freak show fights like Toney and pre-Zuffa squash matches, it's probably someone like Gabe Ruediger. 0-3 in the UFC, all by 1 sided beatdown, 0-2 vs Jason Ellis in a celebrity boxing matches including one KO, and 0-1 vs enemas.

I have never gambled in my life, but I would take that bet. I don't think CM Punk could beat a single man who has ever stepped foot in the cage on a UFC card. Not one. 3 years of million dollar gold standard MMA training and he couldn't beat a journalist who trains part time at the local YMCA. Imagine what any of the crazy bastards from the first 5-10 ufc's could do to him if they had any sort of proper MMA training.
I don't wanna bash the guy too much, but it is startling how unrefined he is. Three years of full time training worth top tier coaches and has the technique of a 6 month hobbyist.

I don't know if I'd say the worst, but Elvis Sinosic comes to mind. Worst thing to ever happen to his career was beating Jeremy Horn when it meant something...

Punk shouldn't be included since he's the obvious answer.
That fight could have been so different if he'd went for the knee <mma1>

Imagine if he managed to hit the knee and highlight real KO'ed Gall. The hype would be unreal till his mext fight.

CM Punk no question, doesn't have any skills anywhere.

Don't tell me that CM Punk was worse than Fred Ettish. Sure, Punk was an actor, but at least he had some relevant training and wasn't a deluded traditional martial artist, the type that should never get anywhere close to any kind of actual fight.

Don't tell me that CM Punk was worse than Fred Ettish. Sure, Punk was an actor, but at least he had some relevant training and wasn't a deluded traditional martial artist, the type that should never get anywhere close to any kind of actual fight.

Ettish went into it at a time when no one (other than the Gracies) knew what was involved, and when most people either couldn't be bothered or refused to risk losing. He could easily of hidden behind the "my karate is too deadly for sport" stance most traditional martial artists of the time took, but instead had the guts to test himself. Its a very different situation than now, when everyone knows what's involved in MMA, and can train accordingly.

After losing he went out and learned BJJ etc, and actually won a fight. I've loads of respect for a guy like that.

Ettish would probably out point Punk. We all know nobody getting a ko there

BvOLNl2.png

Last edited:
Back