Worst fight IQ I've ever seen

Silva will learn a lot from rewatching this fight. I'm a Matt Brown fan, but he shoulda lost. Dang kid relied on toughness/instinct rather than keeping it together. The insane onslaught didn't help either. Awesome fight!

Brown broke him at the end of round 2. You could see it in his face.

He looked like he didn't want to be in that ring after Brown escaped the sub attempts.

yeah, it looked weird. like when bj held onto the sub too long in his second fight against hughes, and popped one of his ribs because of it, and couldn't even breathe during the next round. looked kind like that. but this was different in that brown just beat his ass, and erick has no excuse.

Broke him like I break a can of beans on a cold summer night. Sis, that was a beatdown.

Tonight was... weird. and really uncomfortable. I really like Matt Brown but in the first minutes i couldn't avoid cheering for Silva (being you know, brazilian). But goddamn, this kid is hopeless. Matt's ribs or torso were hurt beyond recovery and he never NEVER. bothered to exploit that, even while taking a massive beatdown. That's what, more than his cardio, will always keep him from reaching the upper-tier. He can't use his intelligence even if his lifes depended on it. It doesn't help either that XGym is a stupid camp.

I feel at the same time very happy for Brown, and i hope he gets at least a title eliminator, and tremendously frustrated by the ultimate failure as a talent that Erick is. He'll be back, but i stand pessimist that he can't improve beyond that.

If Erick Silva displayed the worst fight IQ you've ever seen, then you clearly don't know how it feels to be Martin Kampmann or Stefan Struve fan. It's rough out there.

If Erick Silva displayed the worst fight IQ you've ever seen, then you clearly don't know how it feels to be Martin Kampmann or Stefan Struve fan. It's rough out there.

LMAO, those are actually good examples. Those guys do have visible brain farts in the cage. Erik Silva just couldn't get anything right, Brown was all over him. The problem wasn't his cardio or his IQ, he was simply outgunned.

Agreed, I was utterly embarrassed watching that.

How do you hurt a guy with body strikes twice and not try to capitalize?

Fixed fight imo. as many of the "hometown" fights are. :icon_twis

He gave up after he didn't get the choke. Kid has talent but no fight IQ.

Back