Worst fight IQ I've ever seen

sorry, but all the "try thinking with a savage battering you" don't cut it. Like it was said, he is a professional fighter that should be trained to stand up to adversity, just as Matt kept his composure, strategy and will even after being hurt. A professional fighters' IQ should be there no matter what.

sorry, but all the "try thinking with a savage battering you" don't cut it. Like it was said, he is a professional fighter that should be trained to stand up to adversity, just as Matt kept his composure, strategy and will even after being hurt. A professional fighters' IQ should be there no matter what.
Says who? Being a pro fighter doesn't make you immune to getting badly rocked.

Magny was pretty bad, hurts a guy then tries to take a guy down which failed.

Well, Brown was getting lit up with body shots but he still pressed on cos he knew that he absolutely could not let Silva get any type of distance on him

Most people, not even other fighters react the way Brown does after being hit/hurt.

Lol, Matt Brown didn't keep it very well either. If you'll remember, he got his back taken, put into a body triangle and almost submitted.

And you also have to consider offense vs defense. It's a lot easier to defend. When people ask "why didn't Silva just spam body kicks?" they don't realize he was trying to land more shots, Brown was wise to it and countering it. Multiple times I saw brown move or come over the top with a left. When you have taken a ton of punishment and the other guy is making you pay for everything you throw, you get gunshy. And every time he started to formulate a plan or work something, Matt punched it out of his head.

I'm not saying this to come off as a tough guy or anything, but it's immediately clear that you guys haven't trained or competed when you say things like that.

Lol, Matt Brown didn't keep it very well either. If you'll remember, he got his back taken, put into a body triangle and almost submitted.

And you also have to consider offense vs defense. It's a lot easier to defend. When people ask "why didn't Silva just spam body kicks?" they don't realize he was trying to land more shots, Brown was wise to it and countering it. Multiple times I saw brown move or come over the top with a left. When you have taken a ton of punishment and the other guy is making you pay for everything you throw, you get gunshy. And every time he started to formulate a plan or work something, Matt punched it out of his head.

I'm not saying this to come off as a tough guy or anything, but it's immediately clear that you guys haven't trained or competed when you say things like that.

He threw sloppy shots at Brown's head instead of body. That's all we're saying. If you're gonna attempt a shot under those circumstances, go for the body, instead of a half-assed shot to the head.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Just stop.

He is supposed to be trained in the art of thinking straight when he's getting his brains scrambled by blows to the head? Do you even know anything about the human body?

Matt Brown keeping his composure when being hit IN THE BODY has NOTHING to do with being able to think straight and formulate game plans when being repeatedly pummeled in the head.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Just stop.

He is supposed to be trained in the art of thinking straight when he's getting his brains scrambled by blows to the head? Do you even know anything about the human body?

Matt Brown keeping his composure when being hit IN THE BODY has NOTHING to do with being able to think straight and formulate game plans when being repeatedly pummeled in the head.

I have a pretty clear idea of what i'm saying. When he was nearly brain damaged by the 3rd round was clearly impossible that he would do something. I'm talking right after the 1st round storm. He was lost from the moment he got frustrated and that has nothing to do with scrambled brains, it has to do with fight IQ and composure.

How anyone can say anything bad about Silva after he took a beating like that. Imagine being him and coming online to see people talking all this shit when he could have just turtled up in the first...

How anyone can say anything bad about Silva after he took a beating like that. Imagine being him and coming online to see people talking all this shit when he could have just turtled up in the first...

According to Sherdog, after getting repeatedly punched in the face and kneed in the body, you should still be able to pass any college exam and run a marathon with ease. Beatings have no effect on the mind and body here on Sherdog.

So taking a beating makes you heroic? To me, in the high level competition makes you moronic. Yes he has the heart, but he is there to win, not to withstand punishment. And when in trouble he could not do anything to win, even with a clear path laid ou in front of him. Is that so hard to understand?

I think silva got caught with something early as in he didn't seem there through out the fight. Any other fighter would have explioted the body once brown showed he was hurt.

The guy is gassed, but yet he's throwing spinning kicks?? Erick....erick...erick...the ultimate disappointment

I thought this thread was gonna be about Chuck vs. Babalu II

So taking a beating makes you heroic? To me, in the high level competition makes you moronic. Yes he has the heart, but he is there to win, not to withstand punishment. And when in trouble he could not do anything to win, even with a clear path laid ou in front of him. Is that so hard to understand?

Desculpa te falar, but you're a hater. Just hate it, then.

I think Silva landed like 4 body kicks. 1 dropped him, 2 hurt him so that's like 75% hurting rate and he only threw 4 in 3 rounds ._.

And I think he landed like 3 body punches and 1 of them dropped him.

So that's like 7 body blows landed and 4 of them had Brown hurt badly

Matt Brown hits hard more so than people give him credit for, when Silva hurt him with those body shots Brown tagged him with a bunch of shots and Silva slowed heavily. There is no shame losing that way to him the guy's finished his last 4 opponents prior to Silva.

Back