Worst fight IQ I've ever seen

MMAmooth

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Tonight was... weird. and really uncomfortable. I really like Matt Brown but in the first minutes i couldn't avoid cheering for Silva (being you know, brazilian). But goddamn, this kid is hopeless. Matt's ribs or torso were hurt beyond recovery and he never NEVER. bothered to exploit that, even while taking a massive beatdown. That's what, more than his cardio, will always keep him from reaching the upper-tier. He can't use his intelligence even if his lifes depended on it. It doesn't help either that XGym is a stupid camp.

I feel at the same time very happy for Brown, and i hope he gets at least a title eliminator, and tremendously frustrated by the ultimate failure as a talent that Erick is. He'll be back, but i stand pessimist that he can't improve beyond that.

He was getting lit up, his fight IQ was probably dropping a point with each punch.

Well, Brown was getting lit up with body shots but he still pressed on cos he knew that he absolutely could not let Silva get any type of distance on him

He looked like he didn't want to be in that ring after Brown escaped the sub attempts.

Agreed, I was utterly embarrassed watching that.

How do you hurt a guy with body strikes twice and not try to capitalize?

....So you're telling me standing with Matt Brown while hurt and gassed isn't a good idea?

I'm there with you bro.

I could understand if Silva didn't have any talent and was just a tough gritty guy but the frustrateing part is he has so many damn tools he just doesn't use his head.

This professional prize fighting not bar room fighting. If he had half the fight IQ as he has skill he woulda been ready for a title shot by now.

I doubt he can come back tho unless he teams up with Nova uniao or Jackson type camp he is all done.

To be fair, Silva did successfully attack his body two more times after that first round. I think it was more a matter of exhaustion than intelligence.

I think Jamie Varner showed worse fight IQ in his last fight. He had that fight all but in the bag and just gave it away by being too careless. Too bad too, I really wanted Varner to do well.

You guys should totally be UFC fighters. You make it sound so easy.

Let's see how well you think when you have a savage like Matt Brown punching and kneeing you in the head.

He was stuck on stupid street... Matt hurt him and the first and that when things went very fuzzy for Silva. Just never could shake the cobwebs out, I doubt he even knows where he is right now. Dude has one hell of a concussion I can promise that.

When you get rocked it sucks everything out of ya, or at least it can.

Agreed, I was utterly embarrassed watching that.

How do you hurt a guy with body strikes twice and not try to capitalize?

You get distracted by how suddenly everything... spinning...

You guys should totally be UFC fighters. You make it sound so easy.

Let's see how well you think when you have a savage like Matt Brown punching and kneeing you in the head.

We're not professional fighters. And Brown kept his head even when he was extremely hurt...

Silva's corner was telling him to go back to the body. The kid just didn't listen. I think he threw one more kick to the body (and Browne winced pretty badly) and that was it. He just couldn't handle Brown's aggression.

Well, Brown was getting lit up with body shots but he still pressed on cos he knew that he absolutely could not let Silva get any type of distance on him

not exactly true. the range for the kicks were there on numerous ocasions, and instead the preferred to change stances like Tekken's Marshall Law and throw stupid side jabs and spinning shit. I was dumbfolded by all of his attempts of attacking whenhe was getting lit up.

It's hard to think straight when you're getting bombarded with punches and knees by a bloodthirsty savage.

exactly. So we really have no idea what the fuck we are talking about Lol

But the majority of other professional fighters (and all the top fighters) manage to keep their fight IQ when they get hurt/tired...

Back