Worst Diego robbery in your opinion

in order...

ross
gomi
kampmann

kampmann gave him the biggest beatdown, but rounds 2 and 3 were close because he slowed down so much. I scored it 29-27 kampmann. it's more of an allusion to the shitty 10-pt system sucking

As bad as the Gomi fight was, Diego got outlanded in significant strikes overall, per round, head strikes, body strikes, had 0 takedowns to Ross' 1 takedown, and didn't even effectively control the octagon. Apparently MMA judges in NM score angry faces, taunting, and creepy praying higher than actual fighting technique.

Its like referres in baseball or basketball. Bad calls are made. But a robbery? Nah. If Diego was knocked out unconscious and woke up and they gave the victory to Diego for having a great fight! Thats a robbery! This was just a bad call , not some kind of dominating performance by Pearson. Pearson only has himself to blame. Diego fights coming forward and looks way busier than he really is. According to the stats he apparently was the busier of the two. Pearson never put Diego on his ass or in any real trouble so why take a decent career from a guy in his hometown when Pearson didnt exactly kick Diegos ass. The UFC would have cut Diego for his third loss in a row. He has a deep love for the UFC, let him fight again. Diego needs to get knocked out and go out like a warrior not by some close decision. Pearson needed to finish him.

it would take 5 losses in a row for diego to get cut and i bet he would retire 1st

hes gonna be around for another few years and will likely keep winning close, controversial decisions until someone puts his lights out

in order...

ross
gomi
kampmann
whats shocking is that his fight with Melendez, which everyone including the judges scored correctly, was actually closer than those 3 fights which went to Diego.

13: Media scorecards, out of the 13 tracked by MMADecisions.com, that scored the lightweight fight in favor of Pearson. Twelve of those scorecards had it 30-27 in favor of “The Real Deal.”

Got this from the homepage. I didn't watch the fight, too busy with my girl. Will have to watch it after work tonight. Was it literally that bad that every sane person seems to have it one way except at least 2 of the necessary people sitting cageside?

It seems like the Pearson fight was the biggest robbery but maybe because it's the most recent. It's crazy that Diego is just given Ws. Diego has the gift of deceiving judges into thinking he is doing more than he actually is.

He keeps coming forward while eating shots but will throw a flurry or two to make it appear he is giving back as much as he is getting. Most times the shots he is throwing in a flurry don't land or do little damage. Then the damn posturing he displays by begging the opponent to come to him and try to hurt him. Judges seem to buy that crap. Some fans also. I was at the fight in Houston when he fought Gilbert. Sitting near some people who really thought Diego won that.

Its like referres in baseball or basketball. Bad calls are made. But a robbery? Nah. If Diego was knocked out unconscious and woke up and they gave the victory to Diego for having a great fight! Thats a robbery! This was just a bad call , not some kind of dominating performance by Pearson. Pearson only has himself to blame. Diego fights coming forward and looks way busier than he really is. According to the stats he apparently was the busier of the two. Pearson never put Diego on his ass or in any real trouble so why take a decent career from a guy in his hometown when Pearson didnt exactly kick Diegos ass. The UFC would have cut Diego for his third loss in a row. He has a deep love for the UFC, let him fight again. Diego needs to get knocked out and go out like a warrior not by some close decision. Pearson needed to finish him.

he dropped Diego in the second round, homie

13: Media scorecards, out of the 13 tracked by MMADecisions.com, that scored the lightweight fight in favor of Pearson. Twelve of those scorecards had it 30-27 in favor of “The Real Deal.”

Got this from the homepage. I didn't watch the fight, too busy with my girl. Will have to watch it after work tonight. Was it literally that bad that every sane person seems to have it one way except at least 2 of the necessary people sitting cageside?

Yes, when they showed the "move of the night" or whatever it's called it was Sanchez throwing punches and hitting the air, and then Sanchez getting kneed in the chest and then throwing a combo that missed.

His highlights for that fight were basically him almost hitting Pearson and getting hit in the chest with a knee.

Stop judging fights as you watch them! You are really, really bad at it!

After last night it seems Diego is just one of those guys who gets caught up winning decisions in fights that really he wasn't even close to actually winning

Which was the most outrageous

Kampmann?
Gomi?
Pearson?

Pearson is freshest in my mind obviously but against Kampmann Deigo's face looked like it was falling off so im going with that one

The Gomi fight was obvious bullshit as well, especially in Japan

those 3 are really bad, but IMO the pearson and gomi robberies were the worst

Gomi then Pearson then Kampmann

the Kampmann fight is the only one that you can argue Diego won 1 round of the fight.

Seriously? That fight was one of the biggest robberies ever...and then he fought pearson

It was a bad decision but I could see how it happened at least.

The one last night, I am at a loss unless "Octagon Control" is now the only criteria that matters

Not a big fan of both fighters (Pearson & Sanchez) and I don't care who won the fight....but...how the fuck did sanchez win round 2?!

This last fight. I don't understand the decision..

Need to check the numbers. Really don't understand that..

I just wish Joe Rogan was commentating so we could hear him go off about it. That would have made the bad decision worth it. But, we were stuck with Anik the robot.....

Kenflo is actually doing Rogans job. And Kenflo was pretty outspoken that he disagreed with the decision.

Kampmann one was worse, but as someone else pointed out Diego actually did do some damage in that fight.

However, I'd look at it like this (in terms of effective offensive output out of 100):

Diego/Kampmann = Diego was at like a 15/100 and Kampmann was like 90/100
Diego/Pearson = Diego was at like a 5/100 and Pearson was like 65/100

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back