Worst decision ever - new canidate

He also forgot to mention Rory had three called eyepokes and didnt engage for most of the fight while Tibau came forward constantly and landed the harder shots. Really could have gone either way. Glad for Tibau.

Did you watch the fight? I cannot see how Tibau won this fight - you are the first to say otherwise.

I did not watch, but numbers don't always tell the whole story.
For instance: If the fight was on the ground and Tibau was locking submissions after submissions for most of the round, then punches and kicks would be irrelevant.

not saying that's what happened, just giving you an example so you understand why telling just the number of kicks punches are meaningless

Yea I hate how they count strikes. According to there numbers most guys land at like a 90 to 95% clip. No way lol

Did you watch the fight? I cannot see how Tibau won this fight - you are the first to say otherwise.
Yea I watched it. Like I said could have went either way. I think Rory know he didnt do enough to secure every round too. So dont know why he was so upset at the end. 1st round was Rory 2nd was a toss up but could have been judge for Rory. Third was Tibau that was clear. Im glad for Tibau. Probably wont fight much more. So glad he got a win. Also I think the judges probably took into account all the stoppages for the eyes poke on Rorys part. Should they have. Absolutely not. Though there is a chance they probably did. who knows.

I didn’t think the decision was that bad. Rory easily won the first, I thought Tibau won the second, though not by much. He was more aggressive and landed some hard shots, though Rory also landed some nice head kicks. The third round is what’s controversial. Rory won the majority of the round, but Tibau finished the last minute strong. Two of the judges clearly awarded Tibau the last round based off the final minute.

Let me guess, Rory easily outstruck him but didn't hurt him badly, while Tibau scored a few (late?) takedowns and did nothing with them.

Hendricks + GSP = Worst decision ever
What are you smoking dude. Most people had Hendricks winning but some people did have GSP. Some people even admitted they thought GSP won on the scorecards but Hendricks won the overall fight.

You can say you think Hendricks won but it’s not even on the same planet as the rest of these.

I feel like there's a new "worst decision ever" each week. Just furthers my theory that decisions are rigged, especially in this fight where Tibau was a gigantic underdog.

<VinceCa$h>

Probably will get flamed for this but I still think Jones vs Gus 1 was pretty bad.

Back when they were gearing up for the rematch I was at my sisters house with some of our friends and I showed them the first one on YouTube. After round 3 my brother in law turned to me and asked “When did this happen? I know Jones won this, so he has to finish him right?”
I said no, Jones won a decision. He looked very confused, looked at the tv, then back at me and said “How?”. Frankly I concur.

I was watching it live and turned off the TV before the decision, that's how sure I was that Rory was getting the nod. All I can think of is that maybe the judges decided to take their own points away for the eyepokes, without the ref instructing them to do so.

Rory won round 1 easy but next two rounds is a toss up. I still don't understand why Rory is trying to wrestle someone who arguably out wrestled Khabib.

Two former UFC fighters fought last night, Rory Macdonald vs Gleison Tibau. Tibau won a split decision in what could arguably be the worst MMA decision in several years. MacDonald outstruck Tibau 81-32 in total strikes landed. MacDonald had an edge in leg strikes at 31-2, he also outpunched Tibau 48-30 in total arm strikes landed. MacDonald also landed the only takedown in the fight.

This ranks up there with Bisping vs Hamill as one of the worst decisions I have ever seen. Anyone else witness this?

You are comparing a full fight to how rounds are scored.

You need to be more specific on which rounds were scored incorrectly.

Haven't seen this fight but the best example of this difference is machida vs shogun 1.

Lyoto winning the first 3 rounds is very reasonable, however if viewed as a whole fight, its indisputable Shogun won. Of course fights are the total of 5 rounds not the whole thing.
Gsp Hendricks another good example.

I was watching it live and turned off the TV before the decision, that's how sure I was that Rory was getting the nod. All I can think of is that maybe the judges decided to take their own points away for the eyepokes, without the ref instructing them to do so.

I think that eye poke thing is how Vittori got a split vs Adesanya in their first fight.

I agree it was a shitty decision.
But to be fair, i find PFL very generous with the way they count effective strike : as long as you touch your opponent it counts, even if it's blocked by the hand/arms. Am i the only one to think that?

Not saying I'm an expert or any kind a shit but I focused on one fighter a couple fights and my count was pretty far off theirs... well 20-30% or so...

Plus I know the gloves register...the rest eyeballed...I find the stats they post misleading.

I watched it and thought it was a clear 3-0 for Rory.

Sanchez vs Pearson was much worse. It should have been 30-27 Pearson easy, but judges gave 30-27 both ways, and Diego 29-28

These were probably worse too, these always come to mind
Garcia vs Zombie
Garcia vs Phan
Sanchez vs Gomi
Sanchez vs Kampmann

Nice list. Half of Garcia's wins were robberies.

My go-to worst decision ever is Genki Sudo vs Ludwig. I'm still annoyed about that.

I thought that this was going to be about Ferg taking the fight with Gaethje.

<{vega}>

Hendricks + GSP = Worst decision ever

If there’s only one round separating them, then it’s razor thin and not even close to being the worst.
On the flip side, I just watched Mayweather vs Castillo 1 for the first time. Now that was a robbery.

I didn't watch. The numbers certainly make it sound pretty bad. Did Rory get wobbled/dropped in a round that he was otherwise winning?
No. It was an outright robbery.

Tibau was very aggressive but clearly lost the first two rounds. Third round was debatable but I scored it for MacDonald.

30-27 MacDonald or possibly 29-28.

Back