Worst decision by judges in UFC history that you can remember?

I'd have to rewatch Bisping vs Sonnen and Bisping vs Hammil.
Maybe Machida vs Shogun 1.

What was the worst decision that you can remember ever made by judges in the UFC?

Mine is Michael Bisping vs Matt Hamill UFC 75 in London

What I saw as many did one of if not the biggest robbery in UFC history...some saw a close fight...
Either way IMO Matt Hamill dominated Michael Bisping and Bisping got the decision
I remember that. Even during the "match highlights" at the end where they needed to show where Bisping excelled, it was clips of him just sprawling on takedowns.

Sanchez vs. Pearson
That's probably gotta be the worst one in recent memory, and fairly well known guys. 30-27's both ways? Ridiculous.

Some undercard travesties that sometimes slip memory are Prazeres beating Lazaro on the TUF Latin 2 Finale and Holbrook over Nijem on Dilly-Barao 2.

not ufc but Ninja Rua got robbed against Rampage
If we're not including UFC, that Manhoef Carvalho disaster at Bellator was fucking pathetic. That's got to be one of the worst robberies of all time

Also wasn't a fan of the Condit vs. Lawler decision

This is so true SuperNerd!
Underrated post!
I thought Jones won the Gustafsson fight 3/2
I thought GSP won the Hendricks fight 3/2
Never mind the unwritten rule that the champ should be beaten clearly.
Allot of Sherbros are convinced otherwise, and I think it's because of exactly what you posted.
I've thought it forever, just couldn't put it as eloquently as you.
I guess it all depends on how you see it yourself, which is one of the aspects I love about MMA. But I agree with you that Jones def. Gus.. Hendricks vs. St Pierre to me was a terrible decision, Hendricks belted him into retirement. Even GSP knew it.

Leonard Garcia vs Opponent... 30-27 :eek:

There s a couple involving Lenard Garcia. We went out for a smoke after Bisping-Hamill too, that was some kind of joke

Shogun vs Machida I

Cecil Peoples then said "leg kicks don't do damage", i think...

When it comes to very significant fights, this is the one that stands out. Shogun won that fight, and put a huge stamp on it when he brutally finished him in the second fight.

I guess it all depends on how you see it yourself, which is one of the aspects I love about MMA. But I agree with you that Jones def. Gus.. Hendricks vs. St Pierre to me was a terrible decision, Hendricks belted him into retirement. Even GSP knew it.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the GSP Hendricks fight MIC,
I think GSP was going to retire no matter the outcome.

Hendricks vs. GSP

Gsp got his ass handed to him. The best indication of who won the fight, was the reaction from both fighters. It was evident to all, who are not biased.

Matcheeta decision win over Anders

I agree. Bisping vs Hammil was the biggest robbery in UFC history.

Machida vs. Shogun 1. Machida was even surprised by his reaction- that he won the fight. Everyone thought he lost it, including his own team. Awful decision, since Machida was declared the winner by UD. Shogun did avenge that loss though in a clear manner.

What was the worst decision that you can remember ever made by judges in the UFC?

Mine is Michael Bisping vs Matt Hamill UFC 75 in London

What I saw as many did one of if not the biggest robbery in UFC history...some saw a close fight...
Either way IMO Matt Hamill dominated Michael Bisping and Bisping got the decision

Bisping might have actually received 3 of the worst ones ever. At least 2 imo.

He didn’t lose a single 10-8 round between rounds 1 and 2 of his 2nd Hendo fight and round 3 of the Anderson fight.

I’ll never understand how he could win a decision against Henderson after those first 2 rounds.

Back