Worst Corner Advice?

KS, cornermen help by offering a different perspective on yourself and your opponent for you between rounds.

Have you ever video taped a sparring session and been surprised watching it later at how different things look from how you remember them?

That's rich.

This is the best trolling I've ever seen - like a matador waving his red cape before the bull.

Isn't it funny when you ask someone a question, they avoid answering it, and then you get called out for refusing to answer their challenge? I used to think KS was better than this. Where have all the good trolls gone.

He doesn't know a damn thing about boxing, and I suspect he doesn't even train in Tang Soo Do, either (yes, that's right. He doesn't study Karate, despite the screen name). Just ignore him. He has a habit of forcing others to derail threads for him, because it's just so tempting to spit back at the ignorant nonsense he says. I've been trapped many times in my day, and now I'm trying to resist!
^^^ WHAAAAAAAA... Poor Discipulus..... ****

>>> STILL WAITING....

I got a big warning about condescendtion, how come your membership is perpetually exempt...?

>>> AND I'M STILL, STILL WAITING....

KarateStylist

**** unbelievable....:icon_surp

Last edited:
you tell how a cornerman helps you... give a specific or 2 from one or 2 of your fights....

i know you were addressing this to disciplus, but i will reply in his stead if that is ok.

Besides obvious things like providing water and so forth, the corner man/men/people can often see things that the fighter cant. openings, opportunities and weaknesses in the other fighter, as well as yourself. Sometimes it can be just providing the motivation to fight on when things seem bad, or to make the fighter step it up a level when it is needed. When you're in there fighting with a guy, these weaknesses and bad habits are perhaps not as obvious to you as to the people on the outside. Or maybe you see them but you're so busy fighting, you dont have the time to craft a proper strategy to exploit them. You dont need to be a fighter to know that or to make that valid. Some examples have already been provided of when the corner has had an influence on the fighter.

1. KS, cornermen help by offering a different perspective on yourself and your opponent for you between rounds.

2. Have you ever video taped a sparring session and been surprised watching it later at how different things look from how you remember them?
^^^ Is your name Discipulus.... why the rush to cover....???? :icon_neut

On NO. 1. Thank you. Still waiting for the big D....

On NO. 2. I have not done that. This has been done at our school.... I'm not really interested because the day-to-day group, as well as one-on-one with my instructors provides timely if not immediate & continual feedback.... A good TMA school should be doing this for you in a substantive way....

On the latter, the best TSD instructors I have trained under have been women.... both 1st degree black-belts.. The best of the two was a young woman, I'd say about 26, about 5' 4" 105.' Very good technical form and excellent step-by-step explanation of technique across the board.

@ you Discipulus... Sinister, when not conquering worlds.... what's the significance of that.....

KarateStylist

Come on, guys. He's not going to listen to your answers whatsoever, so what's the use? Don't help him clutter up the thread by giving him the attention his sixteen year-old brain craves.

1. i know you were addressing this to disciplus, but i will reply in his stead if that is ok.

2. a. Besides obvious things like providing water and so forth, the corner man/men/people can often see things that the fighter cant. openings, opportunities and weaknesses in the other fighter, as well as yourself.

b. Sometimes it can be just providing the motivation to fight on when things seem bad, or to make the fighter step it up a level when it is needed. When you're in there fighting with a guy, these weaknesses and bad habits are perhaps not as obvious to you as to the people on the outside.

c. Or maybe you see them but you're so busy fighting, you dont have the time to craft a proper strategy to exploit them. You dont need to be a fighter to know that or to make that valid. Some examples have already been provided of when the corner has had an influence on the fightYer.

1. By all means... though hurry up ' Big D has ordered me to bed.... {truly unbelievable....}

2.a. OK.... quick question: do those super-tough Karate KYO's allow water during matches...???

2.b. Again, OK. 'nother quick question: Who's the opponent fighting? In your case, you--or you & your corner-man???

2.c. I particularly like the highlight.... 'cause it validates my commentaries, including about boxing.... MT, etc. even though I don't fight MMA specifically or box, etc....

Final quick question on the highlight.... In your case again, who's doing the fighting, you--or you & your cornerman...?

Thanks for stepping up.... I would luv to see what Sinister has to add, given his near perfect "FIST" T. That's if he's not in bed, where I must go now.... :icon_lol:

KarateStylist

Last edited:
Come on, guys. He's not going to listen to your answers whatsoever, so what's the use? Don't help him clutter up the thread by giving him the attention his sixteen year-old brain craves.
^^^ SHHHHH.... I'm trying to get some shut-eye.... on your "excellent" input....

^^^ Do me a favor {I'm dreaming now.}. PM Sinister and have him answer for you....:rolleyes:

KarateStylist

2.a. OK.... quick question: do those super-tough Karate Kyo's allow water during matches...???

I dont know, do they? Boxing is something you can see and validate very easily. These apparently super tough karate matches are much harder to find good examples of. Plenty of point fighting, i hope that's not what you're referring to. How long do they go for? how many rounds, are there rounds? How common are they for a karate practioner to have to endure? I'm not a karate expert nor do i pretend to be. The fact that one sport is different to another does not make it better or worse. In a professional boxing fight, or an amatuer one, you get a rest between rounds and you can have some water if you want. I dont see the problem.

2.b. Again, OK. 'nother quick question: Who's the opponent fighting? In your case, you--or you & your corner-man???

you know the answer to this, and are asking a loaded question to try to prove an invalid point. The corner man gives advice. You fight. You dont have to take it. Plenty of fighters ignore the advice of their corner, not always to their benefit.

2.c. I particularly like the highlight.... 'cause it validates my commentaries, including about boxing.... MT, etc. even though I don't fight MMA specifically or box, etc....

So what, you're only allowed to know things about a sport if you actively compete in that sport? You dont have to play soccer to know what the purpose of a goal keeper is. Since you're the paragon of what does and does not matter in boxing / mma, how's your professional boxing / mma record look? Probably much the same as mine. I could give you examples of actually receiving helpful corner advice in sparring / smokers, but i dont need to do i. Someone else has already given better examples from the world of professional boxing. If guys like that can benefit from advice during a fight, then of course chumps like me can too.

Ahheadlock

1. I dont know, do they? Boxing is something you can see and validate very easily. These apparently super tough karate matches are much harder to find good examples of. Plenty of point fighting, i hope that's not what you're referring to. How long do they go for? how many rounds, are there rounds? How common are they for a karate practioner to have to endure? I'm not a karate expert nor do i pretend to be. The fact that one sport is different to another does not make it better or worse. In a professional boxing fight, or an amatuer one, you get a rest between rounds and you can have some water if you want. I dont see the problem.

2. you know the answer to this, and are asking a loaded question to try to prove an invalid point. The corner man gives advice. You fight. You dont have to take it. Plenty of fighters ignore the advice of their corner, not always to their benefit.

3. So what, you're only allowed to know things about a sport if you actively compete in that sport? You dont have to play soccer to know what the purpose of a goal keeper is. Since you're the paragon of what does and does not matter in boxing / mma, how's your professional boxing / mma record look? Probably much the same as mine. I could give you examples of actually receiving helpful corner advice in sparring / smokers, but i dont need to do i. Someone else has already given better examples from the world of professional boxing. If guys like that can benefit from advice during a fight, then of course chumps like me can too.

Ahheadlock

1. It's a question I threw up there for grabs.... quite a few posters here comment on KYO...

2. Way too adversarial in your response.... I've noticed how much pride is taken in knowledge here, particularly by heavies... allow a little respect to my knowledge....
and your logical twist says nothing.... I guess a fan-base responds to this....

>>> There's a very important reason I asked the question. I'm not saying throw out corner-men from boxing, etc.... let's not be so literal.... Sinister is a great one for not doing one's thinking for you.... so I won't here either....

>>> What I am saying it the issue of how to approach cornerman could be thought through rather & discussed, rather than resorting to PM's and sending members to bed. *** palm to forehead ***

3. Again, turn off the whatever... I was agreeing with you on that score.... made a point using myself as an example.... paragon... again.... at the person, not the issue.... whew..... original.... I feel like NUKE, necessary to put up a disclaimer--which clearly didn't work for him, Sinister had to intervene.... lock T's....

I asked D a question.... no answer, no substantive reply outside of his canned adorations..... that's fine I accept his action.... still up though .... :icon_lol:

Thanks for the colorful salute....

karatestylist

1. ok fair enough, i actually would like to know more about it though. I was not being totally facetious in those questions. You make it sound like it's weak to have a rest period in between rounds during a competitive sport fight, i'd like to know what is so different in Kyokushin competition to make that so. I have seen footage of the legendary 100 man kumite (i believe it was Francesco Filho) - but thats not really competition so much as a very tough challenge.

2. Well to be fair, your response to my original post was quite adversarial in itself - you do know full well the answer to that question. Asking it can only have been intended to elicit a negative response. I believe what i said is quite true, and i dont see how i questioned your knowledge (not that i have any idea what your knowledge actually is - i suspect you're somewhat different in the real world to how you portray yourself on the internet). If anything i allowed that you do have the correct knowledge in stating that you already knew the answer.

3. I apologise, it didn't come across that way to me when i read your response. i took it to mean that you were making that statement.

also i'm not sure why you bring up Sinister, Nuke, etc, i haven't mentioned them.

I dont really wish to argue any more. I feel like the reasons behind the corner man 'being a thing' have been put out there. we dont really need to go back and forth over semantics.

Thread ender--------
How many full contact fights have you had?
Of these fights, how many did you use cornermen and how many did you not?

I like Tito Ortiz' advice on those TUF shows when his fighter is underneath a wrestler.

"Up up up up up!" "Up, up, up, up, up,!"

Like his fighter doesn't know he needs to get up lol.

I like Tito Ortiz' advice on those TUF shows when his fighter is underneath a wrestler.

"Up up up up up!" "Up, up, up, up, up,!"

Like his fighter doesn't know he needs to get up lol.
^^^ now, we have the thread ender.... perfect....

KarateStylist

^^^ THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF A CORNERMAN IS STUPID.... AND ONLY TRUMPED BY THE FIGHTERS WHO RELY ON & LISTEN TO THEM....

KarateStylist

This is probably the only thing you have ever posted that I have been able to understand.

Well, here's my tale:
I was trying to help a hs teammate in an individuals epee fencing competition... he was facing a nationally ranked, super athletic fencer from another school. My teammate was pretty much outmatched in every way. I was trying to tell him things to attempt but everything would be countered. Finally, in the middle of the bout, in frustration I shouted "just... just KICK him."

I was asked to leave by the referee.

Well, here's my tale:
I was trying to help a hs teammate in an individuals epee fencing competition... he was facing a nationally ranked, super athletic fencer from another school. My teammate was pretty much outmatched in every way. I was trying to tell him things to attempt but everything would be countered. Finally, in the middle of the bout, in frustration I shouted "just... just KICK him."

I was asked to leave by the referee.
^^^ Your mistake was to wait until asked to leave....

karatestylist

Last edited:
This is probably the only thing you have ever posted that I have been able to understand.
^^^ Heliocentric, I'm looking it up know.... :icon_conf

KarateStylist

P.S. On the highlight, thx for leaving open the possibility.... :wink:

You guys need to stop feeding the troll. How many times can you fall for trolling?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back