Worst BJJ "Blackbelts" to ever compete in UFC.

Most dodgy "blackbelt".

• Total voters
You seem to be proving thats the case. You're throwing these guys BB in quotes like you actually know what qualifies as a black belt and can question them. I know a second second degree black belt directly under De La Riva who got beat by Dennis Hallman on the ground. Does that mean hes not a legit BB? No, hes an absolute monster in jiu jitsu. I got my blue belt under a 5th degree BB directly under Carlson who had a MMA fight and wasnt able to to pull some Maia level show once it hit the mat, is he not a legit BB? I can 100% guarantee he is. Its just annoying when some dude who I can only imagine cant even tie a gi belt calls someone else, especially at the highest level like shogun or JDS, belt rank into question.

Really, you are going to defend Shogun's and JDS's black belt, of all people?

What do you mean highest level? You think JDS will survive in ADCC absolutes, even for a minute?

Didn't know Kimo was a bb.

Gotta be Shogun though - got guillotined in the first round by Chael frickin Sonnen.
wat

Shogun is one of the only MMA fighters in history to actually successfully use the half guard in MMA.

hell, he was not taking any damage against Jones on the bottom until he moved to closed guard.

He used to be a wrestler with decent top control.. He's not even that anymore.

With age and injuries,many fighters cannot wrestle like they used to. Dan Henderson,Rampage jackson..etc.
Diego is forced to rely on his standup unless he can get the guy to the ground another way. He should at least be commended for his courage and his tenacity which is world class,instead of being made fun of by people who have never taken a martial arts class in their lives,and never watched his fights with karo and diaz. Shogun was awesome off his back in his day,Machida didnt want any part of it in their second fight. Its really a bunch of stupid kids in this thread.

With age and injuries,many fighters cannot wrestle like they used to. Dan Henderson,Rampage jackson..etc.
Diego is forced to rely on his standup unless he can get the guy to the ground another way. He should at least be commended for his courage and his tenacity which is world class,instead of being made fun of by people who have never taken a martial arts class in their lives,and never watched his fights with karo and diaz. Shogun was awesome off his back in his day,Machida didnt want any part of it in their second fight. Its really a bunch of stupid kids in this thread.

yeah, he was a great grappler. But he was handed his black belt in 2013, long after he'd made his transition into a slugger. What warranted that?

yeah, he was a great grappler. But he was handed his black belt in 2013, long after he'd made his transition into a slugger. What warranted that?

cos he trains jiu jitsu every day perhaps? Im not sure if you are aware but you can becom a black belt in jiu jitsu without having to fight in mma.

Really, you are going to defend Shogun's and JDS's black belt, of all people?

What do you mean highest level? You think JDS will survive in ADCC absolutes, even for a minute?
They trained with nog and nino, do you even know who they are? You dont have to be in ADCC to be a black belt. You clearly have no idea about grappling or bjj. If you're that confident you know what you're talking about though PM me your address, we'll find a local gym, and if you can last 3x5min rounds of just bjj I'll give you a blue belt.

They trained with nog and nino, do you even know who they are? You dont have to be in ADCC to be a black belt. You clearly have no idea about grappling or bjj. If you're that confident you know what you're talking about though PM me your address, we'll find a local gym, and if you can last 3x5min rounds of just bjj I'll give you a blue belt.

oh look, a tough guy.

You said they'd competed at "highest level". I asked if ADCC. You sidestepped by saying they trained with Nog and Nino. That's hardly "competing at highest level" now, is it?

Diego didnt make a transition into being a sluggger,he always was a sluigger standing up. He just has a hard time getting people to the ground now,he's old school,his tactics are archaic and he probably has bad knees,so he cant shoot for 50 takedowns a round like he used to. He is brawling it out because he's forced to,but boy he seems to enjoy it and his relentlessness is second to none,which is how he is able to beat fighters who are much better than him technically.

oh look, a tough guy.

You said they'd competed at "highest level". I asked if ADCC. You sidestepped by saying they trained with Nog and Nino. That's hardly "competing at highest level" now, is it?
So you're side stepping what I asked and not accepting the offer to prove that you actually know what you're talking about and that you're not a just some keyboard warrior at no cost to you, correct? Thats all I care from you at this point is yes or no.

Belfort almost subbed Jon Jones. Give the man some credit

Diego Sanchez suck at ground game???? Goddamn this website is a mess

Edit: And 2 people actually voted for him... hahahaha

My first thought when I opened this thread

Rashad is a great wrestler but I've never seen him use an oz of that "I got it after 3 years of training" bjj black belt he has.

Why is Diego on this list? The current Diego might be strange but the Nightmare used to destroy people on the ground.

Diego clearly doesn't suck on the mat but does he appear to have the BJJ skills of a black belt?

Diego didnt make a transition into being a sluggger,he always was a sluigger standing up. He just has a hard time getting people to the ground now,he's old school,his tactics are archaic and he probably has bad knees,so he cant shoot for 50 takedowns a round like he used to. He is brawling it out because he's forced to,but boy he seems to enjoy it and his relentlessness is second to none,which is how he is able to beat fighters who are much better than him technically.

You are right. I just assumed that it looked as if he had regressed as a grappler ( a wild assumption since he hasn't been seen on the ground since a decade)

So you're side stepping what I asked and not accepting the offer to prove that you actually know what you're talking about and that you're not a just some keyboard warrior at no cost to you, correct? Thats all I care from you at this point is yes or no.

Go away, goof.

Diego clearly doesn't suck on the mat but does he appear to have the BJJ skills of a black belt?
yes! he does! watch his fight with nick diaz! he wasnt even a black belt then,the guy was still ridiculous on the ground

Charles Oliveira. Never seen him do something threathening once it hits the ground.
2.gif

Back