worst beating loss to champ? Silva/Franklin or Jones/Rua or Cain/JDS

Silva kneed frankilin to the body about 25 times before breaking his nose.

My vote is Rua/Jones. Jones made Rua give up. Jones actually made Shogun tap... that's unreal to me. Shogun's heart is second to none, and Jones broke him.

Jones/Rua and Silva/Franklin were far worse beatdowns than Cain/JDS. JDS at least landed some punches and got back to his feet. Shogun and Rich literally had nothing for their opponents.

Jones vs Shogun, it was just as one sided and violent as Silva vs Franklin but went on much longer.

Oh and you could throw in Penn v Hughes as a wildcard.

i think they were all on the same level of savageness but anderson finished franklin fastttt

rua lasted 4 round and jds lasted 5 rounds. imo the franklin beatdown was the worst considering how effortless it was for anderson. he made it look like he was kneeing a 12 year old.

Both Franklin/Silva (which is the correct answer) and Jones/Rua were much, much worse than the beating JDS endured. It was one for the ages, but their absolute destruction by the challengers were simply epic.

let's not forget GSP vs. Serra II. It isn't up there with Silva/Franklin and Cigano/Cain as far as damage, but it is up there with Jones/Shogun as far as domination.

Joe Warren losing his Featherweight Belt (Bellator) to Pat Curran.

4.gif

Joe-Warren.jpg

Wow I need to start watching bellator

Wow I need to start watching bellator

It was shocking work by the ref, that was absolutely barbaric. I think some fighters would have stopped and asked the ref if he was serious. I remember the discussion right after that fight, there were serious concerns for Joe Warren's health.

It was shocking work by the ref, that was absolutely barbaric. I think some fighters would have stopped and asked the ref if he was serious. I remember the discussion right after that fight, there were serious concerns for Joe Warren's health.

that fight got out of hand. it is a hard job being a ref. that guy screwed up that night. I hope he learned from it.

I always feel hypocritical talking about "fighter safety" (after all, we are paying to see these guys fight) but the above was a classic case where the safeguards failed and one fighter was put at real risk

shogun-machida I

tee hee

Seriously though, Cains beating of Brock was a lot worse than over JDS

I'd say Silva Franklin was more of a shock than Jones Rua, Shogun was only ever baby sitting that belt.

jones rua
nothing is close to that beating

Agree with this.
Rua did everything and none affect Jones.

Cain dominate JDS in the rematch, but Cain still hurt quite bad if you watch the interview, his head still bleed, his left eyes bleed too.

No doubt Silva-Franklin. Franklin got DEMOLISHED. Sure, Shogun took a beating, but he probably felt like a king the day after compared to Franklin. JDS also took a beating, he looked like the Elephant man, but Franklin's nose is far more worse than getting bruises and cuts.

Jones - Rua
not even close
Franklin got nasty broken nose, but it only lasted 1 round

Cain/JDS 2 is not even in the same league of beating as Franklin/Silva or JBJ/Rua

At least JBJ and Silva finishes

I would say Rich and Shogun both got a worse beating then JDS.

Back